Thinking of relocating

Old Jan 28th 2018, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Andyk1993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thinking of relocating

Hi All

I’m currently seriously considering moving to the USA the lifestyle and nation really appeal to me and has done for several years,

I am currently a seafarer employed with a company based in the USA (CA) to be be exact, does anyone have any knowledge or advice as to what the circumstances regarding green cards in this situation would be?

Cheers!
Old Jan 28th 2018, 7:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thinking of relocating

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Would your company be prepared to sponsor an employment based visa for you? Would your job qualify for one?

In case you've not seen it yet, this Wiki article outlines all the ways to qualify for an employment based visa, so you can see if you would be eligible for any - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

HTH, good luck.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jan 28th 2018 at 8:01 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 8:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are you politely saying you work on a cruise ship? I don't believe there is an avenue attached to that type of employment to get a visa to live and work on US soil.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add to what Rete has said:

IF a company/your company was willing to sponsor you for a work visa, you would quite literally be doing just that, obtaining a work visa... Not a green card. (There are avenues to obtain one through a work visa but that's a bit far down the road...)

Read the link provided to you in post #2 and that'll give you a good idea of where you're at on being eligible to live and work here.

Good luck
Old Jan 29th 2018, 3:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andyk1993
Hi All

I’m currently seriously considering moving to the USA the lifestyle and nation really appeal to me and has done for several years,

I am currently a seafarer employed with a company based in the USA (CA) to be be exact, does anyone have any knowledge or advice as to what the circumstances regarding green cards in this situation would be?

Cheers!
No matter who you are, unless you have some seriously in demand technical skills, and both an employer AND Uncle Sam agree those skills are pretty extraordinary, OR you have about $560,000 to buy a green card and pay the related fees, OR have a family member who is a US citizen, then talking about green cards is premature.

Let us know when you have read the two Pulaski wiki in the US section of the wiki tab, and then we can discuss any routes to a visa that you think you might be eligible for. I should point out at this stage, that statistically, there is probably around a 90%-95% probability that there is NO route to a visa for you, and that you are one of the overwhelming majority of people who will never come to the US as anything other than a visitor.