Visa approved !

Old Mar 19th 2012, 12:18 pm
Just Joined

Sulph is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa approved !

Hello everyone , I'm currently at euston station waiting for my train back home , came down to London last night for my interview this am at 9:30 , I stayed at the griffin house hotel which was only about 15 mins from the embassy walking,

Got to the embassy at 8 am and was inside by about 8:30, one thing I did overhear was for some reason they where not allowing sponsors inside , I saw a couple of American spouses turned away even tho they had booked in advance

The rest of the process was exactly like other guides as anti climatic as it was , my number was I909 , I had only been waiting about 15 min before I got called to window 1 where a small Chinese lady greeted me, she was difficult to hear but seemed friendly enough , she told me she couldn't find my ds-230 and wouldn't be able to continue without it , I had my file with me containing all my docs and copies , I told her I had a photocopy of it and she said that was excellent , after goin thru my docs , annoyed that I had paper clipped instead of stapled she told me to go pay , and return to her with the reciept

After I had paid the 257 quid and handed her the reciept it was only about 45 min before I was called to window 12 , I was met by a chuck Norris lookalike who seemed very casual and friendly , he took my finger prints again and asked me take the oath of truth , he asked me how I met my wife, I told him secondlife , he told me he knew of it hehe , he asked when we met and such , and then asked me how my wife had lived , because she hadn't worked for a few years, I told him I support her, and he asked how I was going to live untill I got a job , I told him I was going to live off my savings and told him I had brought a bank statement, he told me he didn't need to see it but asked howmuch I had, and if I had any jobs planed , he seemed satisfied with the amount I told him ( wasn't a lot ) and said he was impressed that I had put feelers out to various company's within my field.

He then asked about my joint sponsor , who it was how did I know her ect, he seemed happy enough with the answers he then said that my file was in order and he was more than happy to apprpve my visa, and for me to wake up the wife and let her know.

I paid my £20 at the courier and was out the doors by 10 am

I would like to thank everyone on this forum, especially jeff and rene, for all the advice
And support given through this process , the advice about expediteing at the uscis and nvc stage , and the composition of my documents , thank you so much

Last edited by Sulph; Mar 19th 2012 at 12:25 pm. Reason: Fixed some typos
Old Mar 19th 2012, 1:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa approved !

Congratulations!

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:13 pm
Mosquito-Bait

teamaven is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!

Is that a common thing for the spouses to be told to wait outside/not allowed entry to the embassy while this is going on? *just curious*
Old Mar 19th 2012, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

I don't know tbh it was just what I overheard , at least two I heard had made arrangements with the embassy to be with their partner but where made to wait outside
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:23 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teamaven
Congrats!

Is that a common thing for the spouses to be told to wait outside/not allowed entry to the embassy while this is going on? *just curious*
I wouldn't say it's common, but it can happen.

Rene
Old Mar 19th 2012, 4:26 pm
Mosquito-Bait

teamaven is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to both of you Sulph & Rene
I'll just make sure we take a book with us when we go (providing everything goes ok with the medical, of course!)
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for sharing your experience. I am scheduled for interview this 24th of april. I just want to clarify, did you pay the visa fee during the interview?

thanks a lot. Just so confused, because most people paid over the phone. But the letter i received from US embassy, says it can be paid during the interview. Sorry, but I just really want to make sure.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikaela_jan
thanks for sharing your experience. I am scheduled for interview this 24th of april. I just want to clarify, did you pay the visa fee during the interview?

thanks a lot. Just so confused, because most people paid over the phone. But the letter i received from US embassy, says it can be paid during the interview. Sorry, but I just really want to make sure.
I paid at the interview - in fact the woman forgot to ask me to pay and I was called back to the window
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Philk
I paid at the interview - in fact the woman forgot to ask me to pay and I was called back to the window
Same, I paid at the interview, the card machine wasent working when I went, luckily I had read here on BE that it had happened to a few people and they where sent away to a cash machine, so I took cash, £257 for my CR-1
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

mikaela_jan is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info, i have now peace of mind. I do appreciate it so much.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

guitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond reputeguitarmaan has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on your success, and thanks for sharing the details of your visit
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Many congratulations to you!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:37 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!