Sponsoring family

Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

mthomas77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring family

Hello All,

My US Citizen brother is going to sponsor me, my wife and two kids (unmarried). Do they only have to fill in one I-130 form for me and just have my family included in the same form or do they have to file a separate I-130 for my wife and two kids?

Sorry for the question, but I am a bit confused.

Thank you.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring family

Are you willing to wait 12 years or more for your priority date?
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:51 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an I-130 for you.

Rene
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
Are you willing to wait 12 years or more for your priority date?
Yes I am, its not great but I am prepaired to do that.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I see you are still looking for a way to get the US for yourself and your family. Last year it was your mom who could petition for you but her age nixed that. Then you looked into getting an H1B visa and were looking for recruiters. Today you are asking about your brother sponsoring you.

Have you looked into changing employers and working for a company in the UK that have offices in the US. After working with them (someone will be by with the number of years you have to work for them), you might be able to request a transfer to the US office and ask them to sponsor you for your green card. It would be far less time than waiting on your brother's petition to become current.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Just an I-130 for you.

Rene
Thank you Rene for the confirmation. Its appreciated.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 10:58 pm
Just Joined

I see you are still looking for a way to get the US for yourself and your family. Last year it was your mom who could petition for you but her age nixed that. Then you looked into getting an H1B visa and were looking for recruiters. Today you are asking about your brother sponsoring you.

Have you looked into changing employers and working for a company in the UK that have offices in the US. After working with them (someone will be by with the number of years you have to work for them), you might be able to request a transfer to the US office and ask them to sponsor you for your green card. It would be far less time than waiting on your brother's petition to become current.
You are right Rete. I will try and look at that option, but I am thinking in the background, I will get my brother to do this, just in case the other option does not work. Its just a back up. Thanks for your suggestion
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:01 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by mthomas77
You are right Rete. I will try and look at that option, but I am thinking in the background, I will get my brother to do this, just in case the other option does not work. Its just a back up. Thanks for your suggestion
You can have both going at the same time. Brother can petition and you can look for the right employer. You really seem desperate to find a way to come to the live in the US for yourself and your family. Both are ways to do it.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

You can have both going at the same time. Brother can petition and you can look for the right employer. You really seem desperate to find a way to come to the live in the US for yourself and your family. Both are ways to do it.
Thank you Rete
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the answers. I have another question, since my brother is sponsoring me and I will be adding my wife and two kids (who are currently 8 and 2 years old). As I understand it, by the time the paper work is approved, it will take about 20 years as it’s a F4 category, but in that time my kids will be over 21 years old and they may or may not be married. What will happen to their application? Will they still be issued a Green Card once over 21 years?
Thank you.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

According to the Visa Bulletin is about 13 years currently for F4.

So your one child is likely to be 21 when the visa availability date come up.

If they are married then I think that means even more of a wait.

It's so far in the future why worry about it now? So much can change in that timespan.

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...mber-2017.html
Old Nov 17th 2017, 12:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the time lines have been extending as more and more people apply, so 13 years is likely to be a lot longer than the current 13 years.

He sponsors you, wives and children only become an issue when the visa number is current, would seem reasonable to assume the older one at least will have aged out any any way will most likely have their own life by then.

That is assuming there is not Comprehensive Immigration Reform and this category gets nixed.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 4:42 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
According to the Visa Bulletin is about 13 years currently for F4.

So your one child is likely to be 21 when the visa availability date come up.

If they are married then I think that means even more of a wait.

It's so far in the future why worry about it now? So much can change in that timespan.

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...mber-2017.html
Child Status Protection Act allows for adjustment of age outs. This can change the equation quite a bit.
Old Nov 17th 2017, 6:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Child Status Protection Act allows for adjustment of age outs. This can change the equation quite a bit.
Hi S Folinsky , thanks for mentioning this. So if my understnding is correct, even though my kids may be over 21 at the time of the paperwork being approved, they will still be entitled to a green card?
Old Nov 17th 2017, 1:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

That is assuming there is not Comprehensive Immigration Reform and this category gets nixed.
Just what I was about to say. It seems pretty clear that the F visas are Public Enemy Number One as far as that goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.