Second entry to the US on L1

Old Jun 15th 2016, 1:03 am
Just Joined

dramamime is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Second entry to the US on L1

Hello,

I will be popping back to the UK for the first time since my first entry to the US on a blanket L1. Would anyone be able to confirm which forms I should bring along with my passport - is it both the I-129 and the I-797? I've tried googling but found different advice, and want to get them stapled in my passport before I go.

Thanks!
Old Jun 15th 2016, 1:12 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second entry to the US on L1

Originally Posted by dramamime
I will be popping back to the UK for the first time since my first entry to the US on a blanket L1.
The subject line says US... but your post says UK. I'm going to guess you actually mean the US.

If you have the visa in your passport, that's all you actually need. If it's not too much of a bother to bring a copy of the I-129 and the I-797, then feel free to carry the two extra bits of paper with you.

... and want to get them stapled in my passport before I go.
I suggest you don't staple them to your passport.

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2016, 1:16 am
Just Joined

dramamime is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ian, my post is confusingly worded - I am currently in the US and heading back to the UK tomorrow for a few days, so wanted to check documents for coming back. I shall take your advice and not staple, very happy to know the visa is sufficient!
Old Jun 15th 2016, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

1004ron is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always carried both in a plastic sleeve in my hand carry, but only been asked for them on the first entry.
Old Jun 15th 2016, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Relobotomy is an unknown quantity at this point

I was asked for I-797 last week and had it, not sure if it would have been a problem if I hadn't as the CBP officer seemed pleasantly surprised I could produce it. I was returning on L1-A.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 5:48 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

I used my L1a about 20 times while waiting for my GC from 2010 to 2011, after my initial entry I only carried the UK passport with the visa in it, never had any issues.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

cautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond reputecautiousjon has a reputation beyond repute

When I re-entered USA on an L1A after visiting family in Canada in December 2014, I was asked for my I-129, which I produced. I am now enrolled in Global Entry, so if I do leave the USA again and re-enter, I don't expect that I'll need to show the I-129, although I'll still carry it with me.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

A compromise could be to scan the documents and have them available on an electronic device (phone, laptop etc) or via Dropbox or similar if you get asked.

I was never asked after my first entry both times on L1 visa.