Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

RFE response times - Any knowledge/Experience?

RFE response times - Any knowledge/Experience?

Old Mar 4th 2014, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

ecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool RFE response times - Any knowledge/Experience?

Hi,

We submitted our response to the RFE on my partners O-1 visa yesterday and it has reached the California Service Centre under premium processing. The case update has gone back to initial view, I was just wondering how long other people have had to wait for a response – (ie. Has it taken the full 15 days or considerably less) Im just curious to hear other people’s experiences in this!

Also, what are our chances of approval after a RFE? Our attorney seems to think we’ve checked off everything they have asked for but nerves are getting the better of us!

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

LonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyCloud has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: RFE response times - Any knowledge/Experience?

Sent back our RFE in September and still waiting, but then I'm at a different service centre and a different visa.

I'd suggest you stand the same chance as you did when you originally applied. The questions asked in ours were already covered in the original paperwork, so our attorney just worded the answers slightly different.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ecpb1992
Also, what are our chances of approval after a RFE?
No worse than they would be otherwise, assuming you responded to their concerns.

As far as personal experiences go, I've had various applications for immigration benefits receive RFEs over the years. Processing times are unpredictable. An RFE does not (in and of itself) mean they're looking to deny. Sometimes they're pro forma. (I had one that was successfully responded to with, essentially, a Google search.) Your lawyer will have the most informed take on the situation. Do not search the forum for "RFE from hell", unless you want to.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 6:06 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

We submitted our response to the RFE on my partners O-1 visa yesterday and it has reached the California Service Centre under premium processing. The case update has gone back to initial view, I was just wondering how long other people have had to wait for a response – (ie. Has it taken the full 15 days or considerably less) Im just curious to hear other people’s experiences in this!

Also, what are our chances of approval after a RFE? Our attorney seems to think we’ve checked off everything they have asked for but nerves are getting the better of us!

Thanks in advance
We submitted our RFE on January 10, and received the response on February 7. This was on an L1 visa through the Texas Service Centre.

Chances of approval rely totally on the individual case.
Old Mar 4th 2014, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Has it taken the full 15 days or considerably less...
Be aware that if you do get a response within 15 days, it might be a note saying they need another 6 months in order to make a decision. This has happened before. Once you get an RFE, all timelines go out the window.

Ian
Old Mar 5th 2014, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond reputejxv73 has a reputation beyond repute

I used PP and got 1 RFE, replied, and within 14 days received... a second RFE. Replied that one, and 7 days later finally got my approval.

USCIS reserves the right to refund the PP fee and respond whenever they want to.
Old Mar 5th 2014, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Catmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably not helpful, as we didn't get a RFE, but my husband's O-1 visa went through the California Service Centre last February with Premium processing and we got the approval within 10 days.
Old Dec 30th 2014, 8:43 am
Just Joined

Matias is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm in the same situation, I played ATP tour and the visa is the same, and also asked me request for more evidence.
How was your result?
Thank you very much for the help!
Old Dec 31st 2014, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

texasbound is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had 3 RFEs on L1A and then GC. We have been very lucky as every RFE has been responded to within 10-15 days