Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Thanks mod.

I used Carlos Colombo, www.chb-law.com.

They are currently working on my I-829.

All the best.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranston
I emailed Amlife on this last month.

They claim that all of their clients, who had applied and received a reply, have had their conditions removed.
Jay Peak claims to have the same record: so far all I-829's approved.
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

I have been working with Darren Silver as my immigration lawyer and have been very happy with his services. I am now living in Florida with my family with conditional green cards.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:24 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
yep. my view on this (IMHO) is that its buying a green card, only. done.voila.
A conditional green card. That was what put me off it to some extent, although the reality was I could move to Canada just for an application fee so I decided that was the better option at the end of the day. I think the Canadian IIP also gives you full PR status right off the bat too, but they've raised the investment limit to $800,000 with a net worth of $1.6 million so it's no longer as attractive as EB-5.

When all is said and done about "promoting" EB-5, I'm sure it will be the Chinese who were looking at the IIP in Canada and then change their mind and move to the US who will be the ones who get the visas.

Never really understood why there is a quota at all on EB-5. Why would you want to limit the number of people coming to your country with lots of money?
Old Sep 6th 2011, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

AQUAMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
MODERATOR NOTE:

It is perfectly fine for you to publically share the name of the lawyer you used for your immigration/investment processes.

Sharing immigration information in private message or email is strongly discouraged, for the sender's and receiver's safety. It's also contrary to the purpose of the forum, which is to share our experiences for the benefit of everyone.
thanks.
My mistake...I assumed mentioning names would bee seen as advertising.

My family used Lincoln Stone at www.lskglaw.com, they are based in LA and he travels all over the US to meet up with clients although most is done as always by snail mail, email fax & phone.
Old Sep 6th 2011, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steve_
A conditional green card. That was what put me off it to some extent, although the reality was I could move to Canada just for an application fee so I decided that was the better option at the end of the day. I think the Canadian IIP also gives you full PR status right off the bat too, but they've raised the investment limit to $800,000 with a net worth of $1.6 million so it's no longer as attractive as EB-5.
You make it sound as if being a resident of Canada or of the US is one and the same! I am sure that most people would see this very differently. Especially those who do not like snow shoveling
Old Sep 7th 2011, 4:29 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Well, given the choice between paying out $500,000, most of which I'd have lost as it would have been right before the recession hit, or immigrating to Canada which at a maximum stretch including all the fees and even the plane ticket was around $10,000, I pick Canada (couldn't do it now by the way, since they imposed really tight quotas on skilled workers last year).

Plus the Canadian economy is in reasonable shape, the US economy is in the toilet and most importantly (which is something I didn't anticipate at the time), taxes are actually lower in Alberta than most of the US because although on paper it looks more expensive as the income tax rates are higher, in reality the payroll taxes in Canada are much less than FICA in the US. Alberta has 5% GST, what is sales tax in Florida nowadays, 7%? (GST does apply to more things than sales tax admittedly).

The one thing that would have really pissed me off is buying a house at the height of the housing boom and then having it halve (or more) in value. House prices here have gone down, but we're talking something like 10-15%.

And moreover the weather isn't that big of an issue, if only because you can buy a vacation home in the US anyway. Which is not hard to do in the context of EB-5 because you didn't have to fork over $500,000.

Comparing Florida to "Canada" isn't a fair comparison, if you want to move somewhere where the economy is reasonable in the US at the moment you have to move somewhere like North Dakota, Wyoming, eastern Montana, etc. and the weather is no better there (in fact it's worse, because it's further inland than say Ontario). Not everyone moves to Florida (and we don't have hurricanes out west).

And like I said, $500,000 for conditional permanent residency. So you're not even getting as big of a benefit.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:23 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

bump
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Just a quick FYI.

Site rule 13. Bumping Posts
Please do not bump your post in order to get it back to the top of the page.

Ian
Old Sep 26th 2011, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

bump
Steve,

Perhaps you should focus on Canadian threads. This thread is for people who are interested in the US. We know now that you had a better deal in Canada. Good for you.

Thanks.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:31 am
Just Joined

ravidxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Is there anyone who has used the EB 5 method of immigrating to United States? I am a medical student and wish to immigrate to US and it seems the EB 5 way is an easy way. Have anyone practically expreienced it?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you read the 85 posts ahead of yours?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:06 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by John_K.
Steve,

Perhaps you should focus on Canadian threads. This thread is for people who are interested in the US. We know now that you had a better deal in Canada. Good for you.

Thanks.
That had nothing to do with it, I bumped it to stop yet another thread starting on it which was just about to happen.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:07 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Just a quick FYI.

Site rule 13. Bumping Posts
Please do not bump your post in order to get it back to the top of the page.

Ian
Then maybe you should sticky it to stop people endlessly starting it over again. It wasn't about bumping my post.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 4:49 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Then maybe you should sticky it to stop people endlessly starting it over again. It wasn't about bumping my post.
What was it about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.