Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

I am in the process of selecting a regional center where my main objective would be to make sure that the employment requirements will be fulfilled after two years to get the unconditional green card and to have some assurance that the capital will be recoverable after five or even a few more years. ROI would be less relevant.

So far I have been looking at the following which look promising:

Jay Peak
Seattle
NY Brooklyn project
New Orleans Outreach
Philadelphia

Any comments would be appreciated!
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:06 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Regional EB 5 Center with best perspective

Originally Posted by John K.
I am in the process of selecting a regional center where my main objective would be to make sure that the employment requirements will be fulfilled after two years to get the unconditional green card and to have some assurance that the capital will be recoverable after five or even a few more years. ROI would be less relevant.

So far I have been looking at the following which look promising:

Jay Peak
Seattle
NY Brooklyn project
New Orleans Outreach
Philadelphia

Any comments would be appreciated!
Your choice ... very few will see their investment back ....
especially now .... think of it as buying a green card

My choice is not in your list
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,

Thank you for your response. Are you saying that the whole scheme will not give you chance to get your money back or that there are better centers. What would be you choice of center then?

John
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,

Thank you for your response. Are you saying that the whole scheme will not give you chance to get your money back or that there are better centers. What would be you choice of center then?

John
You may get back some over many many years
but dont expect it ....treat it as a bonus ...

the recession has not helped... property and entertainment has slumped ...

Food has not.... there is your clue.... Beef even ....
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Am I supposed to guess now? Sorry I would not know. Which Center would this be?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not remember the name but a bit of searching might help.

But you are buying a Green Card, everything else is in the lap of the Gods.

Not sure about Beef, it did go down recently, shame there is not a Water one.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:38 pm
Ray

Your research was inadequate it seems

Have to do more with that amount of money

http://www.sdeb5.com/sub06.asp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EB-5_visa
Old Jan 11th 2010, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks that is a helpful suggestion. I guess that the advantage of the other is a proven track record of delivering the green card. The other centers including the one which you suggest give very little information.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 6:10 pm
Ray

Thanks that is a helpful suggestion. I guess that the advantage of the other is a proven track record of delivering the green card. The other centers including the one which you suggest give very little information.
Be warned of the heavy sell and claims by jumped up realtors ...
and people on a cut...
Old Jan 12th 2010, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Are there any people on this forum who have invested in a Regional Center and who had the conditions removed from their conditional green card. I heard something about people who invested in American Life in Seattle who accomplished this?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Fawny is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I believe there was someone a while back, but you don't see him on here anymore. We start that process in June so I will keep you posted.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your response. I assume therefore that you have a conditional green card at the moment? May I ask which regional Center you used and when you first invested?
Old Jan 12th 2010, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

I picked this up from an immigration lawyer web site:

Choosing a regional center with a track record of employment creation thus enhances the likelihood
that the investor will, in fact, be able to remove conditions, and become a non-conditional
permanent resident on track to citizenship (if desired). The investor should scrutinize
how job creation is documented and calculated and the economic models of job creation
methodologies utilized for determining indirect job creation.

I guess that this is the key but unfortunately it seems impossible to get good information on this.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Fawny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Seattle. Invested Feb 2007.
Old Jan 12th 2010, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Fawny,

Thank you! It is so good to get info from people who have real experience

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.