Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Re-entry permit for green card holder

Re-entry permit for green card holder

Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:59 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re-entry permit for green card holder

Originally Posted by Rete
From the USCIS:

•Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing Form N-400.

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/...ml#0-0-0-19579

(c) Disruption of continuity of residence

(1) Absence from the United States.

(i) For continuous periods of between six (6) months and one (1) year. Absences from the United States for continuous periods of between six (6) months and one (1) year during the periods for which continuous residence is required under § 316.2(a)(3) and (a)(6) shall disrupt the continuity of such residence for purposes of this part unless the applicant can establish otherwise to the satisfaction of the Service. This finding remains valid even if the applicant did not apply for or otherwise request a nonresident classification for tax purposes, did not document an abandonment of lawful permanent resident status, and is still considered a lawful permanent resident under immigration laws. The types of documentation which may establish that the applicant did not disrupt the continuity of his or her residence in the United States during an extended absence include, but are not limited to, evidence that during the absence: (Amended 9/24/93; 58 FR 49913)

(A) The applicant did not terminate his or her employment in the United States;

(B) The applicant's immediate family remained in the United States;

(C) The applicant retained full access to his or her United States abode; or

(D) The applicant did not obtain employment while abroad.
He will be pleased...
Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
He will be pleased...
Why the sarcasm? Did I misinterpret your post about your son?
Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:34 pm
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Why the sarcasm? Did I misinterpret your post about your son?
Hi Rete,
as I mentioned earlier in the thread, at the moment he's not at all bothered about becoming a USC.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 5:42 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
Hi Rete,
as I mentioned earlier in the thread, at the moment he's not at all bothered about becoming a USC.
I'm aware of that but you said he broke his naturalization timeline while out of the US for more than six months.

Since this thread will be read by all and sundry, your assumption is incorrect and thus the need to correct it for other posters.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 10:41 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, if the one year conclusive break kicks in, the applicant needs to be back four years one day to apply (the minions of the dark forces assert that the 90 days for "early" filing does not apply. I think they are wrong, but "it's their football.")
Old Mar 2nd 2018, 4:08 am
Austin. TX.

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
BTW, if the one year conclusive break kicks in, the applicant needs to be back four years one day to apply (the minions of the dark forces assert that the 90 days for "early" filing does not apply. I think they are wrong, but "it's their football.")
oh, he won't be away for a year! my baby