Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Project Manager in New York - H1b Visa

Project Manager in New York - H1b Visa

Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

kjmcass100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Project Manager in New York - H1b Visa

Hi, my friend has received a job offer as a Project Manager in a large construction company in New York. He applied for the H1b visa and was and recently did not receive one. Is there any other avenues for him to get in to New York to work in this job? His sister is a lawful permanent resident - can she assist in any way? Also has anyone heard of an 18month work visa for Project Managers?
Thanks! Kevin
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Project Manager in New York - H1b Visa

Originally Posted by kjmcass100
Hi, my friend has received a job offer as a Project Manager in a large construction company in New York. He applied for the H1b visa and was and recently did not receive one. Is there any other avenues for him to get in to New York to work in this job? His sister is a lawful permanent resident - can she assist in any way? Also has anyone heard of an 18month work visa for Project Managers?
Thanks! Kevin
His employer can try again in April 2009, for a start date in October 2009, if he wants to wait that long.

His sister can sponsor him for an immigrant visa whenever she becomes a USC. It takes about 12 years for him to receive that visa.

I have not heard of any specific 18-month type of work visa for Project Managers, no.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

kjmcass100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Project Manager in New York - H1b Visa

Hi Thanks for your help....i think he will reapply for the h1b next year but essentially its another lottery as is the green card and 12 years wait is not an option but thanks for clarifying that. I would say its back to the drawing board...thanks