Quest for the right visa...

Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:04 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quest for the right visa...

Originally Posted by Dan261
Who says you can't be the top seller within a brokerage pulling in more sales/listings and receiving over and above the usual income to survive.

Which part of NYS are you talking about? So many realtors have lived in the community in which they operate all their lives, are hooked into the schools, the organizations, etc., and they are going to pull in the majority of the listings because if they don't know everyone, they always know someone who knows someone else. It isn't how hard you work in RE, it's how many people you know and contacts you have. Being an outsider without that minute knowledge of the community is going to hamper anyone's success. But that is moot, because an E-2 isn't going to allow you to find out for yourself.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Dan261 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You seem to have an answer for everything the members here might suggest. Since it seems that an E-2 visa might not be a viable route and since it's not our job to do your research for you, what other options has your research unearthed?

Ian
So my approach here was to discover (hopefully) whether anyone had heard/experienced success in obtaining an E-2 using the Realtor as a profession, I had unearthed a thread which seemed to show some success, but doubted it. I don't think it's viable, but thought it was worth researching and testing.

I have a general contractor business (British builder) here in the uk, I have a couple of partners involved. I have duplicated the business trading name in the states, with which I shall transfer to under L1-A visa (this allows for a 1 year start up) I then need to invest some cash and employ some citizens, but more importantly win some contracts!

Just looking for some positive experiences from members rather than put downs...
Old Sep 9th 2017, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan261
I have duplicated the business trading name in the states, with which I shall transfer to under L1-A visa (this allows for a 1 year start up) I then need to invest some cash and employ some citizens, but more importantly win some contracts!
Great - good luck to you. Oh... it's an L-1A visa, not an L1-A. It's an L visa, category 1A.

Ian
Old Sep 9th 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Dan261 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Great - good luck to you. Oh... it's an L-1A visa, not an L1-A. It's an L visa, category 1A.

Ian
My mistake, yes an L-1A. Thanks Ian