Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

Old Jul 28th 2004, 4:54 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

Originally posted by Dimsie
Great news!!!!! So pleased for you!
I got pkt 4 today. There's nothing to worry about in it.....a medical questionnaire, and the sworn statement thingie which was part 2 of the DS230. Lots of notes and the appointment letter to wave at the security guard. That's all, i think.

Good luck.....let us all know how you get on.
Ann

Thanks for that information Ann! I was getting nervous there as i didn't know what to expect. All i knew was that there was a medical form and a letter stating that we have an appointment. Too bad they didn't move us back a day and we would of been able to meet mark!

Jen
Old Jul 28th 2004, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

half-pint is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by antjen
Thanks for that information Ann! I was getting nervous there as i didn't know what to expect. All i knew was that there was a medical form and a letter stating that we have an appointment. Too bad they didn't move us back a day and we would of been able to meet mark!

Jen
Wow that is quick. Good luck Ant and Jen! Please post an account of your day.

Thanks

Ellie
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:41 pm
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Jen
That was amazingly quick, I guess they do fill cancellations then!
It would have been nice to meet up there, Oh well...
Good luck with the interview and medical and take notes so we all know what to expect.

Mark
Old Jul 28th 2004, 9:50 pm
Just me!

antjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond reputeantjen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by half-pint
Wow that is quick. Good luck Ant and Jen! Please post an account of your day.

Thanks

Ellie
yeah i will put as much info down for you all to see!! - i was hoping someone else would go before me though so i would get a feel for the day, oh well someone has to go first lol !

yes it must have been a cancelation for it to have been such short notice!!

Ant
Old Jul 30th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by DDL
DHS (London) updated their page today. It reads:

"As of Friday, July 23, 2004 we are currently processing I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before May 18th, 2004."
As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing
I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before
June 16, 2004.

That's almost a month in a week....w00t!

My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week.

Ellie
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:42 am
DDL

DDL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Processing times updated on website (US Embassy London, DHS)

Originally posted by half-pint As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before June 16, 2004. That's almost a month in a week....w00t! My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week. Ellie

Woo-hoo!!! This is great news! Good luck, Ellie!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by DDL
Cheers, Ellie. (But it's going to be hard for you to drive with all those crossed appendages!) :-)
Hah I sold my car when I moved close to London due to being able to use Public Transport and a 5 minute walk from work! So it looks as if all that crossing of the appendages worked wonders.

I must now concentrate on further crossing of appendages and alot of tea drinking.

Ellie
Old Jul 30th 2004, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by half-pint
As of Friday, July 30, 2004 we are currently processing
I-130/I-360 petitions that were filed on or before
June 16, 2004.

That's almost a month in a week....w00t!

My date has now passed so hopefully I will get something in the mail this week.

Ellie
Ye Gods!!!! They have really started truckin' now! So pleased for you Ellie, and Denise too ! Perhaps some staff have returned from vacation to help things move along.
We might bump into each other in the waiting room after all!!
Ann
Old Jul 30th 2004, 4:37 pm
Just me!

well i had my medical & interview today - woohoo!!!!! - we got the visa (well not physicaly as that should b monday) - the whole process was a lot simpler and quicker than i expected (i shall do a write up tonight) - america here i come

:PARTY:

Ant
Old Jul 30th 2004, 5:37 pm
Account Closed

Dimsie is an unknown quantity at this point

well i had my medical & interview today - woohoo!!!!! - we got the visa (well not physicaly as that should b monday) - the whole
Ant
CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS.......!!!!!!!!!!!:PARTY:
Well done.....so glad for you both, Ant and Jen.

Ann and Fred
Old Jul 30th 2004, 5:43 pm

well i had my medical & interview today - woohoo!!!!! - we got the visa (well not physicaly as that should b monday) - the whole process was a lot simpler and quicker than i expected (i shall do a write up tonight) - america here i come

:PARTY:

Ant
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That's wonderful news, can't wait to read about it later.

Mark
Old Jul 30th 2004, 6:19 pm
Just me!

ok - heres a summary of my succesful day today - hope its of some use to everyone else - if anything just to put minds at rest, as i know the unknown was making me nervous...

may b a long post.....

Medical

arived about 7:05 - though the place doesnt open till 8am (im a stickler for being on time !) by which time there was a q of about 10-15 people, once you go in you are lead to a nice waiting room inside (looks more like a self help group therapy room with nice comfy chairs and period decor), a woman came out and handed round plastic envelopes to each applicant stating to put documents inside (photos,medical questionaire and passport) and then to return it to the reception.

it really doesnt matter where you are in the q outside as i couldnt make out any kinda order that they called you in, anyway - they called me in to the next waiting room downstairs (applicants only no spouses etc) to wait for your blood test (ouch!) then back to the smalll downstairs waiting room and you are called into small changing rooms and asked to take your top off and wait to b called.

then its into the xray room for the chest xray, then back to the cubicle, dr phalen shortly calls you into his office, briefly scans over your questionaire asks basic questions like any history of blah blah blah in the family etc etc takes your blood pressure.

back to the changing room, the radiologist then brings you your xray rolled up, informs you that u must carry this in your hand luggage when you go to usa, then you are free to go straight over to embassy - he tells you not to que up just produse your appointlemt leter and go straight in.......

before i left the docs i had to have an MMR jab to satisfy the vaccintations requirements, then off to the embassy, we got out of doctors about 10am?

a short 10 mins walk to the embassy, remembering not to que up ( good thing as the q must have consisted of about 100 people?) - just show them your passport and letter and its striahgt thru a tempoary looking security mobile/booth - the actual immigration vis department is right round the back of the building so u have to walk around the building, through another recpetion, show the letter.

Before you go up the stairs into the waiting room, to the left of the reception is the visa courier desk so its best to sort this out then, £10 cash for next working day, u can pay extra for am delivery or b4 10:30 or even b4 7:30am.

up in the reception go past all the booths to booth/counter 1 to let them know you are here, they give you your credit card payment form and u return it - then wait..... i have heard many horror stories about people waiting hours and hours but i didnt think it was too bad.

they shortly call you back to request the documents off you - it is best to have all the docs prepared and in the order on the checklist (in packet 4) as this speeds it up, then back to the chairs, then i was called back for fingerprinting, told my paperwork was all in order, asked a couple of basic questions like what work are you planning to do and how long have u been together and when do u plan to go - no gestarpo style interviewing at all lol. i was then told to return to my seat and the medical results would be in at aprox 11:30.

aprox 11:45 a list of us applicants were all called forward, very informaly in a group we were told that our medical results were fine and that my visa/passport would be sent out to me.

After so much build up over the past few months it seemed too easy on the day?, we were out by midday to enjoy the lovely sunny day - i just wanted to scream out in excitment as i just couldnt belive its complete, and if i wanted to i could go on tuesday!!!

well thats a brief ok not too brief) account of my day - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

still got a big grin on my face !!!!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

ok - heres a summary of my succesful day today - hope its of some use to everyone else - if anything just to put minds at rest, as i know the unknown was making me nervous...

may b a long post.....

Medical

arived about 7:05 - though the place doesnt open till 8am (im a stickler for being on time !) by which time there was a q of about 10-15 people, once you go in you are lead to a nice waiting room inside (looks more like a self help group therapy room with nice comfy chairs and period decor), a woman came out and handed round plastic envelopes to each applicant stating to put documents inside (photos,medical questionaire and passport) and then to return it to the reception.

it really doesnt matter where you are in the q outside as i couldnt make out any kinda order that they called you in, anyway - they called me in to the next waiting room downstairs (applicants only no spouses etc) to wait for your blood test (ouch!) then back to the smalll downstairs waiting room and you are called into small changing rooms and asked to take your top off and wait to b called.

then its into the xray room for the chest xray, then back to the cubicle, dr phalen shortly calls you into his office, briefly scans over your questionaire asks basic questions like any history of blah blah blah in the family etc etc takes your blood pressure.

back to the changing room, the radiologist then brings you your xray rolled up, informs you that u must carry this in your hand luggage when you go to usa, then you are free to go straight over to embassy - he tells you not to que up just produse your appointlemt leter and go straight in.......

before i left the docs i had to have an MMR jab to satisfy the vaccintations requirements, then off to the embassy, we got out of doctors about 10am?

a short 10 mins walk to the embassy, remembering not to que up ( good thing as the q must have consisted of about 100 people?) - just show them your passport and letter and its striahgt thru a tempoary looking security mobile/booth - the actual immigration vis department is right round the back of the building so u have to walk around the building, through another recpetion, show the letter.

Before you go up the stairs into the waiting room, to the left of the reception is the visa courier desk so its best to sort this out then, £10 cash for next working day, u can pay extra for am delivery or b4 10:30 or even b4 7:30am.

up in the reception go past all the booths to booth/counter 1 to let them know you are here, they give you your credit card payment form and u return it - then wait..... i have heard many horror stories about people waiting hours and hours but i didnt think it was too bad.

they shortly call you back to request the documents off you - it is best to have all the docs prepared and in the order on the checklist (in packet 4) as this speeds it up, then back to the chairs, then i was called back for fingerprinting, told my paperwork was all in order, asked a couple of basic questions like what work are you planning to do and how long have u been together and when do u plan to go - no gestarpo style interviewing at all lol. i was then told to return to my seat and the medical results would be in at aprox 11:30.

aprox 11:45 a list of us applicants were all called forward, very informaly in a group we were told that our medical results were fine and that my visa/passport would be sent out to me.

After so much build up over the past few months it seemed too easy on the day?, we were out by midday to enjoy the lovely sunny day - i just wanted to scream out in excitment as i just couldnt belive its complete, and if i wanted to i could go on tuesday!!!

well thats a brief ok not too brief) account of my day - if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Congratulations!!!!

I hope when its my turn, it goes just as smoothly!!
Old Jul 30th 2004, 9:24 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by broma25
Congratulations!!!!

I hope when its my turn, it goes just as smoothly!!
Even though our case is a bit different (approved 130 and finishing up with Consular Processing), I wonder if it's customary to schedule the appointments for Fridays? Also wonder if it will be the same deal with visa/passport sent to my husband rather than done right then and there as his K3 was. Since he's flying over for the express purpose of the Consular Interview it would be nice to know ahead of time. Guess I'll have to email London to find out what the procedure is at that time.
Congrats to those of you who've cleared the hurdle, !
Old Jul 30th 2004, 10:57 pm

ok - heres a summary of my succesful day today

Sounds easy enough but I'll still be nervous on Monday. I wonder what sort of blood pressure readings he gets? I bet mine will be high, lol
Great write-up, thanks.

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.