Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Old Oct 17th 2013, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

eb52012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Originally Posted by cranston
Yes, I take those those accusations as a personal attack. I am not their paid shill as you have now suggested several times. I have stated several times I am a happy investor with Amlife. That's the sum total of my relationship with them.

You owe me an apology.
Definitely you represent AM Life.
Old Oct 17th 2013, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eb52012
No, I don't think he does - but you are so convinced that your own POV is correct, that you can't accept that you are, in fact, wrong.

Deal with it. Live with it... but for cryin' out loud - let's move on.

Ian
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:17 am
Just Joined

eb51R is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I feel hungry, actually!
LIKE!

Sometimes, a single word is the most efficient way to convey a thought!

Ian
Got it!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:17 am
Just Joined

eb51R is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I take those those accusations as a personal attack. I am not their paid shill as you have now suggested several times. I have stated several times I am a happy investor with Amlife. That's the sum total of my relationship with them.

You owe me an apology.
Two words: unrealistic expectation!
Old Oct 18th 2013, 12:57 am
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eb51R
Two words: unrealistic expectation!
Thats says more about your characters then mine. Other readers can judge for themselves.

Last edited by cranston; Oct 18th 2013 at 1:00 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

eb52012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody here who has invested in amlife project- 14575 innovation drive lp?
Old Oct 26th 2013, 8:21 am
Just Joined

hellokittynyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tenant Occupancy Issue? Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Hi Amlife Thread.

Are the I-829 issues with Amlife because of the USCIS' new policy with Tenant Occupancy?

Please refer to the USCIS website for a copy of the memo on this issue dated May 8 2012.

May 8, 2012
Operational Guidance
SUBJECT: Guidance on EB-5 Adjudications Involving the Tenant-Occupancy
Methodology

Here is the link: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...2012%20pdf.pdf

See also
December 20 2012 GM-602-0001
Guidance Memorandum
SUBJECT: Operational Guidance for EB-5 Cases Involving Tenant-Occupancy

The link: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...pancy%20GM.pdf

The USCIS also published a Training Manual for the Tenant Occupancy Issue dated October 30 2012.

Here is the link: http://iiusablog.org/wp-content/uplo...e-06-14-13.pdf

With respect to USCIS interpretation changes, see the seminal case
Chang v US (9th Circuit Court of Appeals, April 29 2003) 327 F.3d 911
Here is the link: https://law.resource.org/pub/us/case....01-56266.html

Note the timing of when the USCIS changes its interpretation of the statute and regs.

Having looked at a lot of Regional Center projects, my clients decided to go the Direct EB-5 route.

I suggest that you carefully read your PPM to understand how your RC investment will play out if you are denied approval of your I-829.

I have been looking at the EB-5 Program in-depth and its players. Based on personal experience with several players, I would caution everyone to not assume that everyone is acting in your best interest. Are people aware that "Administrative Fees" are in the $20K - $100K range and seem to be paid to "finders". You may want to see who are acting as "finders". I understand that people have to be compensated for their efforts, but a good number of players are not necessarily putting the Immigrant Investor first. I would suggest that you (in writing, to preserve for future reference) ask any third parties that are "helping" you, if they are receiving any compensation or fees or service arrangements with respect to the EB-5 program and have them detail what the nature and amount of these items.

I'm a corporate attorney focused on advising institutional investors. The alternative investments world is pretty challenging but EB-5 takes things to a new level. Because most immigration lawyers and smaller property developers and other EB-5 project developers don't have much or any prior experience with US securities laws and some of the very nasty consequences for bad actors, a lot of questionable practices have occurred in the past. From my personal experience with the EB-5 world, there seems to be quite a few conflicts of interest in this space. Ask probing questions and insist on detailed responses, preferably in writing. You also may want to check out the EB-5 Investor Alert published by the SEC (US Securities and Exchange Commission) and USCIS. Also check out the SEC's suggested areas for due diligence for EB-5 Immigrant Investors.

Good luck!

Sandra
Old Nov 11th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

dm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nice

I do recommend Amlife. When I was researching EB5 RC Amlife were the only company who had a reasonable plan, decent management, decent references, industry knowledge and experience, allowed me to speak to other investors and answered my questions fully and quickly. I checked out about 20 firms.
Did you check CanAm at the time? I'm considering investing on one of their EB5 project and would very much appreciate your comments. Please feel free to PM me instead of replying at this thread if you like.
Old Nov 12th 2013, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

eb5s is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tenant Occupancy Issue? Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Originally Posted by hellokittynyc
Hi Amlife Thread.

Are the I-829 issues with Amlife because of the USCIS' new policy with Tenant Occupancy?

Please refer to the USCIS website for a copy of the memo on this issue dated May 8 2012.

May 8, 2012
Operational Guidance
SUBJECT: Guidance on EB-5 Adjudications Involving the Tenant-Occupancy
Methodology

Here is the link: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...2012%20pdf.pdf

See also
December 20 2012 GM-602-0001
Guidance Memorandum
SUBJECT: Operational Guidance for EB-5 Cases Involving Tenant-Occupancy

The link: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Laws/Memo...pancy%20GM.pdf

The USCIS also published a Training Manual for the Tenant Occupancy Issue dated October 30 2012.

Here is the link: http://iiusablog.org/wp-content/uplo...e-06-14-13.pdf

With respect to USCIS interpretation changes, see the seminal case
Chang v US (9th Circuit Court of Appeals, April 29 2003) 327 F.3d 911
Here is the link: https://law.resource.org/pub/us/case....01-56266.html

Note the timing of when the USCIS changes its interpretation of the statute and regs.

Having looked at a lot of Regional Center projects, my clients decided to go the Direct EB-5 route.

I suggest that you carefully read your PPM to understand how your RC investment will play out if you are denied approval of your I-829.

I have been looking at the EB-5 Program in-depth and its players. Based on personal experience with several players, I would caution everyone to not assume that everyone is acting in your best interest. Are people aware that "Administrative Fees" are in the $20K - $100K range and seem to be paid to "finders". You may want to see who are acting as "finders". I understand that people have to be compensated for their efforts, but a good number of players are not necessarily putting the Immigrant Investor first. I would suggest that you (in writing, to preserve for future reference) ask any third parties that are "helping" you, if they are receiving any compensation or fees or service arrangements with respect to the EB-5 program and have them detail what the nature and amount of these items.

I'm a corporate attorney focused on advising institutional investors. The alternative investments world is pretty challenging but EB-5 takes things to a new level. Because most immigration lawyers and smaller property developers and other EB-5 project developers don't have much or any prior experience with US securities laws and some of the very nasty consequences for bad actors, a lot of questionable practices have occurred in the past. From my personal experience with the EB-5 world, there seems to be quite a few conflicts of interest in this space. Ask probing questions and insist on detailed responses, preferably in writing. You also may want to check out the EB-5 Investor Alert published by the SEC (US Securities and Exchange Commission) and USCIS. Also check out the SEC's suggested areas for due diligence for EB-5 Immigrant Investors.

Good luck!

Sandra
Do you mean that all AL projects are hopeless? How many have been I-829 denied?
Old Nov 12th 2013, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

cranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond reputecranston has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dm2b
Did you check CanAm at the time?
IMO well worth talking to those guys.

I will PM you with my comments

Last edited by cranston; Nov 12th 2013 at 8:58 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2013, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

eb5s is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody here who has invested in amlife project- 14575 innovation drive lp?
It is said someone's I-526 for 3188 is approved. I-526 is not important. What is more important is I-829 approval.
Old Nov 20th 2013, 7:45 am
Just Joined

Japan samurai is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone , response to me.
Is there any person who petitioned the approved project of EB5?
When you had petitioned to approved project , how months has it take?
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

dm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nicedm2b is just really nice

Originally Posted by Japan samurai
Anyone , response to me.
Is there any person who petitioned the approved project of EB5?
When you had petitioned to approved project , how months has it take?
Which EB-5 petition?

I'm sorry, but to be frank, by the way you framed your question I don't think you know the first thing about EB5... you really need to educate yourself further on the subject before asking questions. As someone once said, "it's more important to know the question than to know the answer"...

Here are some pointers:
  • Wikipedia article: good introduction, not very detailed.
  • USCIS page: the official word on the subject, straight from the horse's mouth. Read it all and its sub-pages... in regard to your question, this one is specially important (there you will see it's a somewhat complicated process, with many petitions and whatnot involved).

Then come back here and ask better questions...
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

IMO well worth talking to those guys.
I will PM you with my comments
PM received. Thank you very much!
Old Nov 20th 2013, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Tenant Occupancy Issue? Re: Problems at Amlife EB5 Investor

Originally Posted by eb5s
Do you mean that all AL projects are hopeless?
Don't know about hellokittynyc, but to me it certainly doesn't seem to be so; risky, yes, even *very* risky depending on what project/RC you choose, but far from hopeless.

Originally Posted by eb5s
How many have been I-829 denied?
A *lot*. USCIS publishes a list here, but IMO these numbers are mostly worthless as they are binned by *approval/denial* date, not by *submission* date nor by RC and/or project.

Considering only the time frame: the amount of time that USCIS takes to adjudicate those petitions is *highly* variable (from a few months to a few years) depending not only on the specific project but also on the investor petition and possibly the "mood" both of USCIS at large and the individual officer who is adjucating each petition... so these numbers end up mixing apples with oranges and adding in a few bananas just for fun.

In the end you get a messy fruit salad that you can't really extract meaningful information from, like "X% of total I-NNN petitions in the year YYYY got approved/denied" or (even better) "X% of total I-NNN petitions for project P and/or regional center R got approved/denied"... again, IMO mostly worthless

Last edited by dm2b; Nov 20th 2013 at 11:05 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.