Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Please, Advise me on Seeing My Boyfriend before we Decide to Wed

Please, Advise me on Seeing My Boyfriend before we Decide to Wed

Old Feb 1st 2001, 6:50 am
Laina221

Hi... My boyfriend is Venezuelan and currently here on a B-2 visitor visa which is
expiring in mid-February. Is it too late to apply for an extension, and how likely will he
be granted one? If he must return to Venezuela in February, I have tenative travel plans
to visit him for 10 days in March, but he would like to return to the US in April to visit
me for as much time as possible.

We've done tons of research, but still cannot find the best way for him to return to the
US. Will another tourist visa be very difficult to obtain? A student visa for him to study
english at a language school is an option, but tuition would be very expensive. Also, a
friend recommended a fiancé visa, but we're not planning on marrying... is there a limit
to how many times we could do the fiancé visa ? (ie, he comes for 89 days beginning in
April, how soon could he return on another fiancé visa??)

I am very frustrated as I feel the only way he can return to visit me is by me marrying
him! I do not want to rush into marriage... and even if we were ready for marriage, who
can plan a wedding in under 90 days anyway? Any advice you can give would be very greatly
appreciated! Thanks