Passport Lost (in USA)

Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

MrGlasgow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Lost (in USA)

Hi Everyone,

Need an advice related to a lost passport/visa.

Unfortunately, I have lost my passport and it has E2 Visa on it . I have reported to the local Police Department and have received a report.

I am currently in the US and I don't have any planned travel, so I am planning to get a new passport.

However, what are my options to get the E2 sticker back on my new passport?

Do I need to go back to London to get the visa again?

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Lost (in USA)

You have to apply for a new visa unfortunately, so yes that will be a trip to London. Obviously your I94 has your entitlement to stay in the US though so depending on when you entered/how long that is, it may be a while before you need to do that. Of course you cannot leave and return to the US between now and travelling back to London for a replacement visa, though.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...documents.html

Applying for a Replacement U.S. Visa
Lost or stolen U.S. visas cannot be replaced in the United States. For replacement of a visa, you must apply in person at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad. When applying for the replacement of a visa, you will need to provide a written account documenting the loss of your passport and visa. Include a copy of the police report.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to me and I just applied for a new one, including the police report with my application. Our E2 visa was up for renewal that year anyway so went to Mexico City for the renewal. The problem came at the airport as I had purchased return tickets and I had no visa for re entry to US and the airline computer system would not let me check in. I did just manage to make the flight but I find our visa renewal trips stressful enough without that hassle. So maybe check in early when the time comes in case you have the same issue.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, everyone. Really appreciate that.

@wisygreen: This is interesting, so I can go to the Mexico as well to get this sorted instead of all the way to London. How was your experience in Mexico US Embassy?

i.e. British Citizen applying for the USA visa in Mexico?

and any issues at USA border while returning?

Thanks Again.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

wisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond reputewisygreen has a reputation beyond repute

We have an E2 investor visa. You can renew as third country national at several US embassies and consulates. You need to check on the particular embassy website to see if they are accepting renewals as it changes often. I have heard of renewals in Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Bermuda recently. We have ties to Spain and managed to renew in Madrid one time. The visa is the same no matter where it is issued so no problems with re entry.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wisygreen
We have an E2 investor visa. You can renew as third country national at several US embassies and consulates. You need to check on the particular embassy website to see if they are accepting renewals as it changes often. I have heard of renewals in Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic and Bermuda recently. We have ties to Spain and managed to renew in Madrid one time. The visa is the same no matter where it is issued so no problems with re entry.
Thanks a lot.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wisygreen
You can renew as third country national at several US consulates.
I've fixed it for you. US Embassies don't deal with visas.

Ian
Old Aug 18th 2017, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I've fixed it for you. US Embassies don't deal with visas.

Ian
Thanks.