Parking ticket - N400 - Wasn't me

Old Nov 5th 2017, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

onetimeonly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parking ticket - N400 - Wasn't me

I joint own a car with my spouse. They have gotten a handful of parking tickets over the years, the latest of which I just opened right now. While I've never got one myself (or been pulled over or anything like that because I drive like a square), because we joint own the car the parking tickets always come addressed to "Spouse A or Spouse B", so my name is on them even though I had nothing to do with them. Though obviously that can't be proved can it, smh. Anyway, would I need to mention them on the N400? I don't think it's a major deal, but you never know. I'm also unlikely to apply anytime soon, but it would still be good to get some input. Thanks.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 12:15 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parking ticket - N400 - Wasn't me

Originally Posted by onetimeonly
I joint own a car with my spouse. They have gotten a handful of parking tickets over the years, the latest of which I just opened right now. While I've never got one myself (or been pulled over or anything like that because I drive like a square), because we joint own the car the parking tickets always come addressed to "Spouse A or Spouse B", so my name is on them even though I had nothing to do with them. Though obviously that can't be proved can it, smh. Anyway, would I need to mention them on the N400? I don't think it's a major deal, but you never know. I'm also unlikely to apply anytime soon, but it would still be good to get some input. Thanks.
I can't remember exactly what the question asks on the N400, but I remember at the interview mentioning a red light ticket a year earlier, and some parking tickets in London 10 years earlier, all of which was laughed off by the interviewer. Answer the questions honestly. It won't affect your eligibility for citizenship. Unless things change!
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

They aren't going to be a problem as long as they are paid and you bring proof of such.
Old Nov 6th 2017, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
They aren't going to be a problem as long as they are paid and you bring proof of such.

Yes, definitely make sure everything is paid. Bringing proof of payment is a good idea if you have it but I doubt that not having proof will be an issue. My wife and I had a few speeding tickets between us (she even got one the morning of her citizenship interview!) and it wasn't an issue at the interview - in fact, she had her oath ceremony that same day. We brought proof of payment for some of the tickets but we weren't even asked for it. Our interviewers seemed completely uninterested in traffic violations although they definitely should be mentioned as doing do is a sign of honesty.