NYC roll call-AOS

Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:04 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC roll call-AOS

Originally Posted by Visitor
I know they are overwhelmed with the deluge of applications.
All I would like to see is that they process applications in the order they were received.
That's logical right?
That's not quite logical, because if someone submits an application one week before yours, but theirs is held up for some reason, you wouldn't want yours, which was received later, to be held up along with theirs, right? So they can't really process them in order of received. Also, there are different people working on the applications...one person might clear 3 files off their desk in one day, while someone else clears 5 in one day...when they go grab more files to work on, the older ones will still be sitting on person 1's desk, while person 2 is working on newer files. So again, they get out of order in processing.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

I know they are overwhelmed with the deluge of applications.
All I would like to see is that they process applications in the order they were received.
That's logical right?
I think it's not an extraordinary request indeed....

I still can't believe that some of those who applied in 2005 received their benefits ahead of those who did so in 2002 under the "Pilot Program" umbrella...that was the most unfair initiative.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

grouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura aboutgrouchy has a spectacular aura about

True, but in our and a number of other cases, we are not talking about weeks. We are talking about 2 or 3 YEARS.

Originally Posted by Noorah101
That's not quite logical, because if someone submits an application one week before yours, but theirs is held up for some reason, you wouldn't want yours, which was received later, to be held up along with theirs, right? So they can't really process them in order of received. Also, there are different people working on the applications...one person might clear 3 files off their desk in one day, while someone else clears 5 in one day...when they go grab more files to work on, the older ones will still be sitting on person 1's desk, while person 2 is working on newer files. So again, they get out of order in processing.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2005, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Visitor is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you assume that delays are due to "problems" with some applications. There is plenty of evidence on this board suggesting otherwise.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Ndori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to allNdori is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101

Rene
What you are saying does make sense when the time difference between two applications is counted in weeks.

I really doubt that what you are saying applies when one applies in 2002, and is still pending in 2005 when those who applied in 2005 already have their GC....

Now of course we have to define what you mean by "held up for some reason" most of the, the applicant does not have any control over "those reasons"
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

All I would like to see is that they process applications in the order they were received. That's logical right?
No, that's not logical, and it's unlikely to ever happen. I don't want my file delayed just because yours has problems... in the same way, you don't want your file delayed because mine has problems.

Originally Posted by grouchy
True, but in our and a number of other cases, we are not talking about weeks. We are talking about 2 or 3 YEARS.
If there's a delay in a case that's ahead of yours chronologically, then there should be no impact whatsoever on your case. Your suggestion of FIFO may seem reasonable on the surface, but it is totally unrealistic. You can't have it both ways!

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2005, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

CountryGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grouchy
So we have been waiting 27 months-filed mid-August 2003. Any other 2003 people from New York still out there?

Add us to the list -- filed September 4, 2003 and still waiting.