Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

LJF48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi, looked into postponing her and her fiances' flights today, the cost was almost as much as buying two new flights, I know it's not wise now to buy flights but on past experience we thought six months notice was more than enough time. Fingers crossed for you to, I look forward to your post saying that your visa has been approved
Old Feb 26th 2012, 12:24 am
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

I know how you feel, the embassy told my husband 3 weeks!!!! I know that they are advised to just say a random time to people but it is disheartening when the weeks tick by and you hear nothing, even if you had some way of tracking it you could feel better. The reason we did it so early was because we were expecting a medical as well but they didn't mention that this time.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Jon_K is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone offer advise on my circumstances. My wife and I have been resident in the US for the past 8 years on an E2 and returned to London recently to renew the visa for the second time. Everything was fine for our company and my wife's visa but mine was denied based on a DUI conviction in Florida in May 2011. They have advised that a waiver of ineligibility is possible in the future but have not indicated timescales, procedures etc. Meanwhile my wife has returned to Florida to continue running our business on her own while I am stuck in the UK. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this please? Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon_K
Does anyone have any experience or advice on this please?
It's time to get an experienced immigration lawyer involved... one who has specific experience (and success) with waivers of ineligibility. This is not a DIY project.

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem, but it's going to take time.

Ian
Old Feb 26th 2012, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It's time to get an experienced immigration lawyer involved... one who has specific experience (and success) with waivers of ineligibility. This is not a DIY project.

I don't think this is an insurmountable problem, but it's going to take time.

Ian
Thanks Ian for your reply which I appreciate. Do you have any connections with this type of situation?
Jo
Old Feb 26th 2012, 10:44 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone offer advise on my circumstances. My wife and I have been resident in the US for the past 8 years on an E2 and returned to London recently to renew the visa for the second time. Everything was fine for our company and my wife's visa but mine was denied based on a DUI conviction in Florida in May 2011. They have advised that a waiver of ineligibility is possible in the future but have not indicated timescales, procedures etc. Meanwhile my wife has returned to Florida to continue running our business on her own while I am stuck in the UK. Does anyone have any experience or advice on this please? Thanks
I don't even think they are allowed to issue multiple entry waivers for that ground of inadmissibility. That would seem to indicate that they will allow someone to enter for a specific urgent event if there were safeguards in place, but would not issue to someone who wanted to go over and stay for an extended period of time.

You may just have to apply again once the issue has been resolved and a USPHS doctor confirms that you are no longer likely to be a danger to yourself or others.

Last edited by crg; Feb 26th 2012 at 10:51 pm.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

Hello all, just a quick message to say that we got the email today to send passport, so pleased. I NEVER thought we would get to this stage x good luck LJF48 our appointment was only a couple of days before yours so hopefully you will hear very shortly x x
Old Feb 29th 2012, 3:47 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Well done GinGino! Please come back and let us all know the duration/validity you've been given once you have your passport back.
Old Feb 29th 2012, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gino Gino, I am so pleased for you, a great result. You have given us hope, your appointment was 1 week before ours I think, ours was the 15th Sept. Thank you for letting me know and I hope you have a great holiday

Laura
xx
Old Mar 1st 2012, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Gino Gino.

LJF48 - please let us know when you get your email too. Looks like Gino Gino has had to wait for around 25 weeks!
Old Mar 5th 2012, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Hi all

We have the email, I can't believe it's finally here. It would have been 25 weeks since we went this Thursday. Will update more once the visa is returned
xx
Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

LJF48 - that is fantastic news...

I am still waiting for my email...I will let you know when I hear.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

rollerskateskinny is an unknown quantity at this point

im still waiting too, its 13 weeks tomorrow,
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah so glad u heard, will u get it back in time??
Old Mar 6th 2012, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know a good attorney based in the UK that an help with a waiver of ineligibility please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.