Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Hi whats a j visa for? We still haven't heard anything it's been 22 weeks and 5 days not that I'm counting ha ha!
The app was 8th September, what I'm worrying about now is that they will still email even if the answer is no, I would hate to just keep waiting and waiting!!
Good luck with your visa x
Old Feb 14th 2012, 4:58 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinGino
Hi whats a j visa for?
http://j1visa.state.gov/

Rene
Old Feb 14th 2012, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

rollerskateskinny is an unknown quantity at this point

its a 1 year visa i can get through college, i was on a 5 month j1 already and got a social securtiy number through it, which is why i am puzzled as to why its taking so long
Old Feb 16th 2012, 8:42 am
Just Joined

Fabregas1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi GinGino/all...Please let me know when you here from the Embassy.

I was originally expecting a decision after 14-16 weeks but it now appears the time frames have changed and the wait time is longer than 22 weeks. It is going to be my 19th week tomorrow.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

LJF48 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Gino Gino

My step daughter attended an interview on the 13th September and we still haven't heard anything. This is her 2nd application as we went to Florida last Feb, but that application took less than 12 weeks start to finish. We are now coming up for 23 weeks tomorrow. Will be watching this thread to see when yours arrives, please let us know
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

I will definitely keep you all informed, it was 24 weeks yesterday and still nothing!!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Patience is a virtue is an unknown quantity at this point

Mine's been 29 weeks and still waiting...!
Old Feb 24th 2012, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

terminalvelociraptor is an unknown quantity at this point

It would seem turnaround times are getting worse, i wonder if this is because more people are aware of the d3 waiver, (especially given that they are all adjudicated centrally) or that less resource is being expended on them by the Admissibility Review Office?
Old Feb 24th 2012, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

Oh no, 29 weeks?? that is not good news, I can't believe they are taking so long, it was never this bad previously. That definitely rules out my step daughter coming with us as we are due to go before her 29 weeks will be up - Has any one else received a visa lately before 29 weeks??
Old Feb 24th 2012, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Patience is a virtue is an unknown quantity at this point

The most frustrating thing is we don't have any idea how long it will be - the million dollar question I guess! We are 'under review' as of this week but what does that actually mean?
Old Feb 25th 2012, 12:04 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patience is a virtue
The most frustrating thing is we don't have any idea how long it will be - the million dollar question I guess! We are 'under review' as of this week but what does that actually mean?
It means it's being reviewed, and nothing more.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2012, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

Did you email to find out that you were under review? Hopefully not long for you now then fingers crossed x
Old Feb 25th 2012, 11:04 am
Just Joined

Am I right in thinking that these are done i batches? as looking at some of these forums several people received theirs at the same time, yet attended at different times. I'm just clutching at straws and hoping that there is hope that we may all be under review
Old Feb 25th 2012, 2:59 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LJF48
Am I right in thinking that these are done i batches?
No.

... as looking at some of these forums several people received theirs at the same time, yet attended at different times.
Purely coincidental.

Ian
Old Feb 25th 2012, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Could you not look onto postponing your holiday? At least you know they will say yes to you if it's the second waiver you have applied for, we haven't booked anything yet but not sure that it will even be a yes!
Good luck x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.