Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:09 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by Resonate
I booked the holiday 3 months before, even before i started the interview process.
That makes it your fault then, doesn't it! Stop complaining about a problem you created!

They say honesty is the best poilcy, yet I could have quite easily got an ESTA and lied, so in this case honesty clearly is not the best policy because that honesty appears to have cost me £4000 and alot of stress.................
Honesty is the only policy, lying to US immigration is a crime.

Thats as may be but the level of service is a joke.
Where do you get the idea that you are intitled to some particular level of service from the embassy? Are you a US citizen?

No other country in the world has these rules that im aware of. The earth is not owned by anyone remember......
Plenty of countries have tough immigration rules. And none of them are required to let you visit if they decide not to.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Thats as may be but the level of service is a joke.

I booked the holiday 3 months before, even before i started the interview process, I stupidly thought I wouldnt even need an interview, afterall if ive had a visa before and nothing has changed, just a 2 year older criminal record, what is there to consider?

I appreciate this is my **** up from something I did 20 years ago. No other country in the world has these rules that im aware of. The earth is not owned by anyone remember.....

They say honesty is the best poilcy, yet I could have quite easily got an ESTA and lied, so in this case honesty clearly is not the best policy because that honesty appears to have cost me £4000 and alot of stress.................

Then they wonder why there is immigration fraud!

Brilliant!
Hi there. I'm sorry that you are in such a position, however I note the angst and have to ask. Why did you spend all that money on a holiday when you had no idea that you could go on it?

Why is their level of service a joke? You ask how long does it take to tick a box, however it is clearly stated how long it takes. Remember you are not the only person applying so it may,does and will continue to take as long as it takes.

This potential loss of $3500 is not the fault of the US nor anyone else. It is simply your own fault. Therefore there is no point ranting at how poor and disgusting the service you have been receiving is.

That said I do honestly hope that things work out for you, and in future apply, get visa then book holiday.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DavidLemon
Hi there. I'm sorry that you are in such a position, however I note the angst and have to ask. Why did you spend all that money on a holiday when you had no idea that you could go on it?

Why is their level of service a joke? You ask how long does it take to tick a box, however it is clearly stated how long it takes. Remember you are not the only person applying so it may,does and will continue to take as long as it takes.

This potential loss of $3500 is not the fault of the US nor anyone else. It is simply your own fault. Therefore there is no point ranting at how poor and disgusting the service you have been receiving is.

That said I do honestly hope that things work out for you, and in future apply, get visa then book holiday.
Because I foolishly thought I wouldnt even need an interview this time, afterall, nothing has changed. I didnt know how long it takes til I went for an interview, my previous application was processed in 6 weeks, yet this time it takes longer when the case is much more straighforward.

Seems to me they need a serious overhall of their systems, which ironically, is the job I do. Wonder if they fancy giving me a job? lol

Their inadequate systems clearly contribute to their apparant incompetence.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

Having just gone through the process of getting a Visa to work in the US I don't have any complaints about the process, systems or staff involved. I say that even though I had an RFE. The processes are all well documented and there's lots of information available about what happens and when. Even my trip to the Embassy was easy and the staff I met there very helpful and polite.
As with all systems/processes there are always people who don't get the result they wanted or when they wanted it and spend time complaining. That's life I guess.
At the end of the day though, we should remember that it's a privilege to go and work or visit another country, not a right. Of course it's also a choice and there are plenty of other countries to work in and visit on holiday that don't have such complex laws or require visas.

This thread really doesn't seem to be going anywhere at all. Why doesn't someone close it.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud ofBILDER has much to be proud of

Because I foolishly thought I wouldnt even need an interview this time, afterall, nothing has changed. I didnt know how long it takes til I went for an interview, my previous application was processed in 6 weeks, yet this time it takes longer when the case is much more straighforward.

Seems to me they need a serious overhall of their systems, which ironically, is the job I do. Wonder if they fancy giving me a job? lol

Their inadequate systems clearly contribute to their apparant incompetence.

Well, you are asking them for a favor to enter the US. You are inadmissible under law, and they are adjudicating whether or not to grant you an exceptional privilege to enter. This takes time. You just need to be patient. Oh, and I highly doubt they hire crims (thank to god).
Old Aug 18th 2011, 7:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TranceMaster
No other country in the world has these rules that im aware of. The earth is not owned by anyone remember.....
Wow, you've done a lot of research, if you've looked up all the world's country's immigration policies!

Which 'rules' exactly are you referring to? The ones where they have to verify that you are on the good side of the law before issuing a visa? NO other countries in the world do this?? I'm shocked.

It could be worse. You could be wanting to go to a country that will not even issue you a visa at all, no matter what, not even an option of applying. One of the countries I very badly want to visit, does not even allow US citizens to obtain tourist visas, even if you have a squeaky clean record. At least you are being given a chance.

Rene
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:44 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

my previous application was processed in 6 weeks, yet this time it takes longer when the case is much more straighforward.
If you had read up on the topic, you'd know that the consulate can sometimes issue a first time waiver on their own without DHS approval for old convictions, but may have to seek approval from DHS for subsequent applications. DHS approval takes additional time. So yes, it can be normal to take longer than the fist time.

As for believing you may not need an interview, that is just foolishness. Unless you're a diplomat, virtually every adult has to physically appear for their visa unless you know of a way to send them your fingertips for printing through a courier or something.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

TranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond reputeTranceMaster has a reputation beyond repute

Well they already had my fingers from the first time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I've now accepted my money is lost. You live and learn.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

Jonsie25 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by RayM
Having just gone through the process of getting a Visa to work in the US I don't have any complaints about the process, systems or staff involved. I say that even though I had an RFE. The processes are all well documented and there's lots of information available about what happens and when. Even my trip to the Embassy was easy and the staff I met there very helpful and polite.
As with all systems/processes there are always people who don't get the result they wanted or when they wanted it and spend time complaining. That's life I guess.
At the end of the day though, we should remember that it's a privilege to go and work or visit another country, not a right. Of course it's also a choice and there are plenty of other countries to work in and visit on holiday that don't have such complex laws or require visas.

This thread really doesn't seem to be going anywhere at all. Why doesn't someone close it.
Which work visa did you go for? I'm currently going for a waiver for a business B visa however work are talking about doing a internal transfer. How long did yours take?
Old Aug 19th 2011, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

H1b - took about 6 weeks. That was using Premium Processing. It took that long as we had an RFE. The fact that I will officially be a Home Worker raised a few questions.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 12:53 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Well they already had my fingers from the first time.
Here's something that most people don't know... and it's a curiosity about fingerprints. Even though they have them, once they do an initial background search, the prints are archived into an unretreivable system. So, having done fingerprints for a prior application is meaningless... since they can't retreive them or do a search based on them. This is why new fingerprints are required for each part of a process.

Ian
Old Oct 20th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Which work visa did you go for? I'm currently going for a waiver for a business B visa however work are talking about doing a internal transfer. How long did yours take?
Just to update you all that i received my email for my waiver this morning asking me to send my passport off! Just under 12 weeks.

Just hope the B1 visa is mulitple entry!

Hope you receive your soon!
Old Oct 26th 2011, 2:19 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonsie25
Just to update you all that i received my email for my waiver this morning asking me to send my passport off! Just under 12 weeks.

Just hope the B1 visa is mulitple entry!

Hope you receive your soon!
Got mine today. Slightly longer wait, 15 weeks. Am arranging passport collection for tomorrow.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

Mine came last week after interview 7th July. Sure I posted before dunno where it went.

Passport sent last Friday.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Got mine today. Slightly longer wait, 15 weeks. Am arranging passport collection for tomorrow.
Pleased for you both, seems odd that we have had all different timings as mine was just under 12 weeks?

It is because i applied for a business visa? Let you know when i get my passport back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.