Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Aug 10th 2017, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I went in May and mine said 20-22 weeks.

It also said We will contact you by post to let you know the outcome of your case.

Last edited by Noodler; Aug 10th 2017 at 3:38 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

76Queens is an unknown quantity at this point

oke thanks for the advice Ian. I guess i'll just have to wait and see...
has someone else ever got their waiver approved with a drug conviction 212 (a)(2)?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:50 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 76Queens
has someone else ever got their waiver approved with a drug conviction 212 (a)(2)?
Oh, my... yes!

It's time consuming - to be sure... but if you were recommended for a waiver, there's a 99.9% chance it'll be approved.

Ian

Last edited by ian-mstm; Aug 10th 2017 at 7:53 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

kay89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not a drug conviction, but mine was a police caution for ABH, took just over 6 months to approve. I didn't have a holiday booked as i knew i had to jump through hoops to visit the States. I was informed by e-mail that it was approved and my status on ceac had always said refused. There have been previous posts of those with drug convictions having their waiver approved. There are 245 pages to read through on this thread.
Old Aug 11th 2017, 6:34 am
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

For Mel and queens, my advice is just to wait and don't worry for the next 6 months. Make that 8 months just in case they go through a patch where it takes longer than normal. We have got thanksgiving and Christmas in the next few months after all. My latest waiver took 5 months. The previous year took 6 months.

If you're still nervy have a read of this thread and you will find people in similar situations and I don't recall anyone who was recommended for a waiver and didn't get it.

And from my personal experience I had a conviction of possession of cannabis with intent. Only small time but still a big enough crime to go to prison and that i thought I'd never see America but I have now been given a 5 year waiver which was also under the trump administration. Until you've actually stepped onto American soil I understand all the doubts you have of getting there but you just need to give it time
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

76Queens is an unknown quantity at this point

These last 3 comment do bring hope so I guess I'll just have to wait. I'll be patient and u'll sure be hearing from me as soon as I get any type of information.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:23 pm
Just Joined

Gilbo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi all thanks for keeping me sane all these months since my refusal in March, I got my waiver approved for 5 years. Thanks again for all the information during this process. Thankx Ian for being so honest and straightforward. Your comments really kept me in check. Thanks again lots of love 😍
Hi tambling, and thank you for being supportive, i got my passport back with 5 years visa too, New York here we come. Glad i found this site as it eased some of my stress too. Safe travels everyone
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

I have read somewhere that when you get to the USA you are taken for a short interview, this never happened to me last time, just wanted clarification that this is the case as i think i would freak out if they took me off and i wasnt prepared, has anyone else experienced this???
Old Aug 13th 2017, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gilbo68
I have read somewhere that when you get to the USA you are taken for a short interview, this never happened to me last time, just wanted clarification that this is the case as i think i would freak out if they took me off and i wasnt prepared, has anyone else experienced this???
Typically people with waivers get sent to secondary inspection. Happened to me every time on 5 or 6 entries. Mine is drugs related. It may well depend on what your ineligibility is.

Secondary inspection is fine - it just takes time. CBP normally ask one or two questions much like a the first CBP officer you will have seen does, like where you are going/where you are staying. I normally got asked about my job as mine was a work visa.
Old Aug 13th 2017, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be unusual not to go to Secondary, for non normal cases.
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:09 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Slightly off-topic for this thread, but just wanted to document my experience of travelling through US Preclearance in Dublin with my waiver of ineligibility this morning.

I'm travelling from Heathrow to Chicago and the original connection time in Dublin was 1h20m, which I felt was a bit tight. The check in agent at LHR bumped me up to an earlier flight to DUB, so that gave me more time to play with.

I needn't have worried though. I managed to deplane, walk through Flight Connections at DUB T2, clear the US security screening and arrived in Preclearance within 20 minutes. I was seen by a CBP agent within 5 minutes, asked the standard questions, fingerprints on right hand taken, along with photo, then sent into Secondary.

There were only two people in front of me in Secondary and three officers on duty, so the wait was less than 5 minutes. The guy who took my passport entered a few details on his computer, stamped my passport for 6 months B2 status, then called me up and said "you're done". I wasn't even asked any further questions.

The whole thing was very quick and easy. It took just under 40 minutes from leaving my inbound aircraft to arriving in the US Precleared departure gate area.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

usadreaming is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Had interview in April. Was denied a Visa but recommended for a waiver.

Is there any way I can check the status of the waiver other than just continually checking for the email more or less daily? I would like to book a holiday (not to US but Europe) for October ish but the waiver is more important. Obviously I could well get the send passport mail in the next few weeks.
I also assume that if I do book, get the email but dont send off the passport for two to four weeks I will be OK?

Thanks very much for any advice.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usadreaming
Hi Guys,

Had interview in April. Was denied a Visa but recommended for a waiver.

Is there any way I can check the status of the waiver other than just continually checking for the email more or less daily? I would like to book a holiday (not to US but Europe) for October ish but the waiver is more important. Obviously I could well get the send passport mail in the next few weeks.
I also assume that if I do book, get the email but dont send off the passport for two to four weeks I will be OK?

Thanks very much for any advice.
The March interviewees had their emails a couple of weeks ago now so I'd guess yours is reasonably imminent as long as your case is straightforward.

There is no way to check at all.

I am pretty sure you have 30 days to send off your passport. Not something I would personally risk but upto you.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 5:55 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by usadreaming
Is there any way I can check the status of the waiver...
No.

I would like to book a holiday...
Waivers are currently taking 6-7 months for approval. Plan accordingly.

Correct.

Ian
Old Aug 16th 2017, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

I had my embassy appt on 13/3/17 and got the email requesting for my passport on 28/7/17, think you had 30 days to send passport back, i returnedmine by special delivery on Monday 31/7/17 and the email to collect from the courier (my choice to pick up)came on the friday, i picket passport up on the 7th August, hopefully you will here something soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.