Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jun 30th 2017, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Noodler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Looking at the latest update for Belfast the waivers seem to be coming back in around 14 weeks.

Anyone seeing things speed up out of London.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Gilbo68 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tambling
Hi, any March B2 applicant had their waiver approved?
i went mid March heard nothing yet, was told would recommend for a 5 year (or was it 10), i had a 1 year visa 14 years ago but havent applied for another since til this time, last time appt was March, visa issued in May, the process this time different in that they dont keep your passport and interview was quicker and smoother, i went prepared with loads of docs as previously but only asked for B2 form and police cert, asked who travelling with and before i had told her everyone she said will recommend. Just a waiting game now
Old Jul 1st 2017, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gilbo68
i went mid March heard nothing yet, was told would recommend for a 5 year (or was it 10), i had a 1 year visa 14 years ago but havent applied for another since til this time, last time appt was March, visa issued in May, the process this time different in that they dont keep your passport and interview was quicker and smoother, i went prepared with loads of docs as previously but only asked for B2 form and police cert, asked who travelling with and before i had told her everyone she said will recommend. Just a waiting game now
Hi, same here. Was Only asked for police cert. And he didn't want to hear about my arrangements just told to wait for them to contact me.
Old Jul 1st 2017, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gilbo68
... was told would recommend for a 5 year (or was it 10)...
Most likely a 5-year waiver... 10-year waivers don't exist.

Ian
Old Jul 3rd 2017, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ontherox
Got my email on Friday to send my passport off. That's an amazing 19 weeks since my interview. That's 5 weeks shorter than last year although Xmas was in the way last year but still a much shorter timeframe.

Sent it to the couriers on Saturday and hoping it will get back to pick up next Saturday. Although more hoping the 5 years recommendation has been followed!
It took a little longer for the embassy to return my passport but I've been to pick it up today and I have got a 5 year visa! Great stuff
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:42 am
Just Joined

wales123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have waited 10 months (42 weeks) now since my interview at the embassy and that's all they have said is it is still pending! Have you heard of anyone else waiting this long? Is there anything at all i can do? Many thanks.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 8:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wales123
I have waited 10 months (42 weeks) now since my interview at the embassy and that's all they have said is it is still pending! Have you heard of anyone else waiting this long? Is there anything at all i can do? Many thanks.
Yes, there have been instances of a lot longer, and, there is nothing you can do, except wait.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Jo3ler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, I got a visa in 2015 for 1 year after waiting for around 8 months for the waiver of ineligibility. I'm heading for my latest interview mid August and have booked to go to the USA in September, what are the...?

Haha only joking, that's what I did last time! This time I have NO fixed plans and hoping the process is a bit more relaxed.

One question I do have, is on my new police cert. my conviction has changed to "no live trace". Does anyone have experience in having to supply additional info to the US embassy, or will that usually do regarding the previous offence? Bearing in mind they have seen it previously, I'm sure it's recorded somewhere on my previous visa.

Good luck to everyone playing the waiting game!

Jo3ler
Old Jul 7th 2017, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
Hi guys, I got a visa in 2015 for 1 year after waiting for around 8 months for the waiver of ineligibility. I'm heading for my latest interview mid August and have booked to go to the USA in September, what are the...?

Haha only joking, that's what I did last time! This time I have NO fixed plans and hoping the process is a bit more relaxed.

One question I do have, is on my new police cert. my conviction has changed to "no live trace". Does anyone have experience in having to supply additional info to the US embassy, or will that usually do regarding the previous offence? Bearing in mind they have seen it previously, I'm sure it's recorded somewhere on my previous visa.

Good luck to everyone playing the waiting game!

Jo3ler
I'm sure i read a little further back that your conviction is recorded on their system from when you previously applied, so you wouldn't need additional documents as they can check this already?

I'm assuming its if you haven't applied before and you police certificate says "no live trace" is when you have to supply other documents to inform them of what your conviction was?

Don't quote me on this, this is what I think I've read before.

Last edited by ireallywannago; Jul 7th 2017 at 10:33 am.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ireallywannago
I'm sure i read a little further back that your conviction is recorded on their system from when you previously applied, so you wouldn't need additional documents as they can check this already?

I'm assuming its if you haven't applied before and you police certificate says "no live trace" is when you have to supply other documents to inform them of what your conviction was?

Don't quote me on this, this is what I think I've read before.
Thanks, hope so. They requested a new police certificate to be brought to my interview, so hopefully the previous application and this will be enough info.
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:13 am
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo3ler
Thanks, hope so. They requested a new police certificate to be brought to my interview, so hopefully the previous application and this will be enough info.
The new police certificate is to prove there is nothing recent. Showing this and also detailing your previous conviction should be fine
Old Jul 7th 2017, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

Cool beans thanks for coming back to me!
Old Jul 8th 2017, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ontherox
The new police certificate is to prove there is nothing recent. Showing this and also detailing your previous conviction should be fine

This is now all that's required for visa applicants in London. I couldn't find any reference anywhere in the guidelines that says you have to provide official proof of convictions when your certificate says No Live Trace, even for new applicants. You are merely required to give them a valid police certificate and list your offending history on the VCU-1 form. Presumably, if they want any further information, they will tell you at the interview and ask you to provide it while the case is in AP.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:31 am
Just Joined

wales123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Silly question but i have finally had an email requesting i send my passport in to us embassy....does that mean i've definitely had a waiver issued? They dont request your passport if its been declined do they? Thanks.
Old Jul 9th 2017, 6:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wales123
Silly question but i have finally had an email requesting i send my passport in to us embassy....does that mean i've definitely had a waiver issued? They dont request your passport if its been declined do they? Thanks.
No, so it's congratulations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.