Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 31st 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

bigdave39 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Additionally I have traveled to the US on the VWP 5 times after my caution for possession of class A because I genuinely believed that given it was spent it was not an issue as I asked the police extensively at the time what the implications were for a job and travel and they said that is was not an issue as it was spent (of course they clearly had no idea what they were talking about but given they are the police I was inclined to believe them.)

Now of course that I am looking to apply for a L1 the truth is clear. Will this create complications in the application process?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bigdave39; May 31st 2017 at 11:37 am.
Old May 31st 2017, 12:31 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigdave39
... is the processing time as long as the b1/b2 application?
Yes. To my knowledge, the type of visa is irrelevant.

... is the process of an L1 Visa often more straightforward?
More straightforward than what? A B1/B2 visa? Yes... but that won't affect the wait time for a waiver - and that's on the assumption that the ConOff recommends you for a waiver. If he doesn't, then that's the end of the story. If he does, then you'll almost surely get it and, eventually, the visa also.

I assume that being open and upfront with your company, as I would be, would allow them the opporutnity to say whether they can support or not.
Correct.

Will this create complications in the application process?
No - so long as the employer is willing to wait 7-8 months until your waiver clears.

Ian
Old Jun 19th 2017, 9:58 am
Just Joined

ontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond reputeontherox has a reputation beyond repute

Got my email on Friday to send my passport off. That's an amazing 19 weeks since my interview. That's 5 weeks shorter than last year although Xmas was in the way last year but still a much shorter timeframe.

Sent it to the couriers on Saturday and hoping it will get back to pick up next Saturday. Although more hoping the 5 years recommendation has been followed!
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

coatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nicecoatinginspection is just really nice

Originally Posted by ontherox
Got my email on Friday to send my passport off. That's an amazing 19 weeks since my interview. That's 5 weeks shorter than last year although Xmas was in the way last year but still a much shorter timeframe.

Sent it to the couriers on Saturday and hoping it will get back to pick up next Saturday. Although more hoping the 5 years recommendation has been followed!

Goof result! I bet the Summer season will lead to longer waits though for those going through the process right now. It seems that 5 years is the de facto decision based on the feedback on here around their shift policy.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by ontherox

Good result. A little less wait than "normal" which is a good result. Just let us know if you get a 5 year visa as this seems to be becoming the "norm"

Mark.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

I went for an E2 appointment with a possession of class C conviction (not CMT) on my record from 2008 last year at the beginning of March. I had a 5 year visa issued 5 weeks later, which seems very much to the contrary of many of the posts in this forum.

I have since changed company and have applied for a new E2 on the 15th of June in London, interview was pretty procedural and more of a formality.

Attorney seems to think it being quicker is a probability - but based on what I've read here, previous wait times seem pretty irrelevant and the rumour that E2 waivers are expedited also seems to be rubbish despite my experience last year.

Would everyone agree with my statements? I am not expecting any good news here but agreement that my theory that I could well be in for a 6 month wait does help one prepare the mind a bit.
Old Jun 27th 2017, 4:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiversaint
Would everyone agree with my statements?
I'm not sure everyone will agree, but I do.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2017, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

ChrisMorts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I've now made arrangements for travel in August so looking forward to that, and my first experience of going through immigration with a Visa/waiver.

When I applied for my visa I made an application for a B2 visa as I intended on travelling for pleasure. I have now been invited to a conference in USA in August. Although my application was for a B2 visa, the visa shows "R B1/B2" under visa type/class. Will this allow me to travel to the conference?

Cheers,

Chris
Old Jun 28th 2017, 4:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ChrisMorts
Although my application was for a B2 visa, the visa shows "R B1/B2" under visa type/class. Will this allow me to travel to the conference?
Yes.

Ian
Old Jun 28th 2017, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Tambling is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, any March B2 applicant had their waiver approved?
Old Jun 29th 2017, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

amac320974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I got a 5 year waiver earlier this year and just enjoyed my first ever trip to Florida and loved every minute.

Here's my question.
I work for a company in my home town of Glasgow. From time to time my company ask for volunteers to travel to America for a weeks trip to see our headquarters in Texas.

Would the visa i have allow me to visit American with my work? Or is the visa only for holiday travel etc.

I'm just unsure if I'd need a "work" type visa instead, or would the one I have be okay? I suppose i wouldn't technically be working as it would just be to visit the place.

The last thing I'd want would be to volunteer to go, then have trouble entering the country, expecially when I'm travelling with my work colleagues. That would be embarrassing.

Hope one of you could answer my question. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amac320974
Hi, I got a 5 year waiver earlier this year and just enjoyed my first ever trip to Florida and loved every minute.

Here's my question.
I work for a company in my home town of Glasgow. From time to time my company ask for volunteers to travel to America for a weeks trip to see our headquarters in Texas.

Would the visa i have allow me to visit American with my work? Or is the visa only for holiday travel etc.

I'm just unsure if I'd need a "work" type visa instead, or would the one I have be okay? I suppose i wouldn't technically be working as it would just be to visit the place.

The last thing I'd want would be to volunteer to go, then have trouble entering the country, expecially when I'm travelling with my work colleagues. That would be embarrassing.

Hope one of you could answer my question. Thanks in advance.
It's impossible to answer your question without knowing what type of visa you have.

What does the entry on your visa say under the heading "Type/Class"? (My own visa, for example, says B1/B2).
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Sorry, I've totally forgot to mention that.

It's a b1 / b2 visa.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:31 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amac320974
Sorry, I've totally forgot to mention that.

It's a b1 / b2 visa.
In that case you would have to declare the purpose of your trip to the POE officer and hopefully be admitted B1 status, which would enable you to carry out limited duties at the American premises of your employer, but no actual work allowed.

The short answer is, yes the visa you have does allow you to visit your company in the USA.
Old Jun 29th 2017, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Great, thank you so much for your prompt reply.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.