Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Nov 3rd 2015, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

I'm going thru the same thing as most people on here (week 24 tomorrow and still nothing)

Yeh it would be lovely if there was an easier process instead of taking how long it has been taking, it would be good to have a better update on what's happening - "application sent/received" "processing" "in review" etc! However what's the point in asking? We're in this position for what we have done, there's god knows how many people applying all over the world so if it takes its time then so be it!

I've done my fair share of moaning on here and it's got me no where, I would suggest if you are planning on going then give yourself a good year! And in the mean time just accept it, when it happens it will happen
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

Hally999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Newyork
Is that a statement or a query ?

If a statement .....yes
If a query.......yes ,they take you to a secondary interview room where they do checks and ask you questions. This could take 5 minutes or a lot longer depending on your situation.
My experience recently was 10 minutes.
It is a statement
Old Nov 3rd 2015, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Lulu123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, my partner had his interview in London on 26th March 2015, we got the email on 30th October 2015 so we had about a 31 week wait. Hopefully we will get his passport back soon, reading other people's experiences this part does not take long, we can not wait to book our long awaited holiday & let our kids know they are going to Dinsey Land
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Just an update for everyone.

I have an existing visa valid until next June which I used to travel to the U.S. this summer.
As I intend to travel again to the U.S. next year perhaps after June I needed another visa to become valid when my existing one expires. So begins the whole process again.

My interview was yesterday at London embassy at 8.30. I arrived at 7.30 and a queue had formed in the pouring rain , embassy staff then arrived at 8.00 and proceeded to form people into queues depending on their interview time i.e. 8.00...8.30...9.00 non immigrant and also immigrant visa queue and citizens queue. Much confusion followed as people shuffled their positions and new arrivals unaware of what queue was for what joined in . Many people got soaked in the rain and so did their documents .

Finally got inside the embassy by 8.40 and was called immediately to a window for initial checking in of documents then sat down for about 2.5 hours until called to a window for interview. This took about 5 minutes then left the embassy with a hope the next visa arrives in 6/7 months perhaps . Until then ,forget about it and on with life.I can still travel on my existing visa until next June so I might go again before then, but for others , do not book anything until you have your valid visa in your hand. Hope all goes well for everyone waiting.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

My 1st visa ran out today This one took 26 weeks.
I went for my interview for my new visa on 12th June, so 21 weeks today.
I do have flights booked for March. They are refundable and transferable (small £30 change fee). If the visa hasn't come through by March, I will change them.
Next visa application I will start at least 1 year in advance.

Well done to those who have recently had emails, your journey is almost done. Until next time LOL
Old Nov 5th 2015, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Tweety23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting here, a year today (remembered due to fireworks!) and nothing... We do wonder if he should book another appointment if nothing comes through in the next few months. We've emailed the Embassy and they haven't replied. Any thoughts on this?
Thankfully any travel plans we have are for leisure purposes only, not essential. Again, I can only reiterate - don't plan or book anything without a Visa.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

But on a more serious note , do not forget folks you will still be subject to probably being pulled to one side for a few questions as you board your flight to the U.S. and definitely to a secondary interview in a room at your arrival in the U.S.[/QUOTE]

Interestingly, my Husband was taken for a secondary interview on his first trip (with a Visa) to the US - he then travelled a further three times in the same year and was not taken to secondary on these occasions. Passed through Immigration as standard - a pleasant surprise and not what we'd expected.
Old Nov 5th 2015, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

serenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond reputeserenawell has a reputation beyond repute

I was luckily enough to go 3 times on my last visa. Each time I was pulled for secondary. The 3rd trip I was even pulled by Homeland at Heathrow before the flight. All was very quick and painless.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 10:38 am
Banned

davo@davobeveridge.com is an unknown quantity at this point

My interviews was on May 6th at the London Embassy - been waiting 27 weeks (over 6 months) still nothing - hoping that I get mine before Christmas
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

ireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really niceireallywannago is just really nice

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My interviews was on May 6th at the London Embassy - been waiting 27 weeks (over 6 months) still nothing - hoping that I get mine before Christmas
Same here, my interview was on the 19th may. Still waiting, hoping it comes before Christmas, but not bothered if it don't, we're not thinking of going until next August. So plenty of time yet.
Mark.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Newyork is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tweety23
Still waiting here, a year today (remembered due to fireworks!) and nothing... We do wonder if he should book another appointment if nothing comes through in the next few months. We've emailed the Embassy and they haven't replied. Any thoughts on this?
Thankfully any travel plans we have are for leisure purposes only, not essential. Again, I can only reiterate - don't plan or book anything without a Visa.
Hi Tweety23 , sorry to hear of your long wait (over a year) . That does seem excessively long and would be interested to hear if anyone else has waited so long.

Unless there are exceptional circumstances in your husbands application I would guess something has gone wrong. It seems strange as he has been granted a visa previously and travelled on multiple times on that visa. Could I suggest you check your junk folder on your computer in case the email has gone there or they are requesting further documentation and are waiting for you to reply.

The other option is to ring the U.S. Visa appointment department in London on 02036086998 and see what they suggest.
Hope things get sorted very soon
Old Nov 10th 2015, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Newyork
Hi Tweety23 , sorry to hear of your long wait (over a year) . That does seem excessively long and would be interested to hear if anyone else has waited so long.

Unless there are exceptional circumstances in your husbands application I would guess something has gone wrong. It seems strange as he has been granted a visa previously and travelled on multiple times on that visa. Could I suggest you check your junk folder on your computer in case the email has gone there or they are requesting further documentation and are waiting for you to reply.

The other option is to ring the U.S. Visa appointment department in London on 02036086998 and see what they suggest.
Hope things get sorted very soon
Thank you, that's helpful.
Whilst I know each case and timeline is different, it does seem a longer than average wait time and it's frustrating not being able to get any feedback at this stage.

It's not been emailed and still shows as administrative processing on CEAC (as it has from day one). We've emailed the Embassy and they've not replied! We've also tried emailing DHS - they said they cannot give updates.

Nothing has changed with his application so I do wonder if something has gone wrong with the process. There were no issues at all with the previous Visa.

We'll give the phone number a go...
Old Nov 10th 2015, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Hally999 is an unknown quantity at this point

My visa only showed processing when I sent my passport back its showed refused until that point I would definitely look to contact them
Old Nov 10th 2015, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hally999
My visa only showed processing when I sent my passport back its showed refused until that point I would definitely look to contact them
Thank you.
Contacting them is the hard bit! Will keep you posted.
Old Nov 11th 2015, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Gman5 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does the email look like when it comes through just so I can check all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.