Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by theoldinn
i'm just trying to get some idea of other peoples experiences of how long they waited.
Why? To what end? It won't help you and might very well just frustrate you further!

Ian
Old Jul 24th 2012, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

theoldinn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Why? To what end? It won't help you and might very well just frustrate you further!

Ian
Ian,
The only thing that frustrates me are your posts, which of are no help to me, or answer of my questions.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

I doubt it will be any sooner than 25 weeks, the embassy has advised further delays due to the extra work over the Olympics.
Old Aug 11th 2012, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

molly666 will become famous soon enoughmolly666 will become famous soon enough

Still nothing
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

dmarsh1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by molly666
Still nothing
Thought you would have heard something by now. Have you e-mailed them?
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Just about to. Is this still a valid enquiry email: [email protected]?

Cheers
Old Aug 12th 2012, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Just about to. Is this still a valid enquiry email: [email protected]?

Cheers
Yeah that's the email address but you need to ring the visa appointment line and explain your situation, they should then give you a code to put in the email which stops it being automatically deleted.
Old Aug 15th 2012, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dmarsh1980
Yeah that's the email address but you need to ring the visa appointment line and explain your situation, they should then give you a code to put in the email which stops it being automatically deleted.
I got a reply email saying that it takes 3-4 days for non-urgent queries, and until the end of the World (or Swansea win the League which is pretty much the same) to answer anything which means they have to get off their backsides.

Still, only myself to blame!
Old Aug 16th 2012, 6:50 am
Just Joined

I got a reply email saying that it takes 3-4 days for non-urgent queries, and until the end of the World (or Swansea win the League which is pretty much the same) to answer anything which means they have to get off their backsides.

Still, only myself to blame!
That's the standard automated reply thats generated when they receive your e-mail. You'll get another one soon telling you that your case is still under review and that you'll be contacted as soon as there as been an outcome. I've had 3 waivers and each one as arrived the day before I'm due to travel, I found that if you've gone beyond the time that the Embassay is currently advising(22 weeks at the minute) and you e mail them reminding them of your travel dates that they try to resolve things for you even though they give you the standard response to your e-mail. I'm due to travel next Wednesday, I emailed them last Monday and received my email asking me to send my passport this Monday and they picked my passport up at 7 Tuesday morning.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,
Just to let you know that my passport is due for delivery back to me today with my visa in it after 27 weeks of waiting. Will let you all know how long the visa is vaild for and for how many enteries when it arrives.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Crosses fingers
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Hi all,
Passport arrived back yesterday, visa valid for 5 years and multiple entries !!!!!
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

muppet07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmarsh1980
That's the standard automated reply thats generated when they receive your e-mail. You'll get another one soon telling you that your case is still under review and that you'll be contacted as soon as there as been an outcome. I've had 3 waivers and each one as arrived the day before I'm due to travel, I found that if you've gone beyond the time that the Embassay is currently advising(22 weeks at the minute) and you e mail them reminding them of your travel dates that they try to resolve things for you even though they give you the standard response to your e-mail. I'm due to travel next Wednesday, I emailed them last Monday and received my email asking me to send my passport this Monday and they picked my passport up at 7 Tuesday morning.
Hi How long ago was your interview ? i am supposed to fly on the 1st Nov im going to book the interview tomorrow , do u think i have any chance??? do you think the waiver process will speed up now that the main Olympics has finished , or will they still have a backlog ? I cant believe i didn't investigate all this sooner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Last edited by muppet07; Aug 17th 2012 at 7:29 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muppet07
Hi How long ago was your interview ? i am supposed to fly on the 1st Nov im going to book the interview tomorrow , do u think i have any chance??? do you think the waiver process will speed up now that the main Olympics has finished , or will they still have a backlog ? I cant believe i didn't investigate all this sooner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
If, and it's a fairly big if, you need a waiver of ineligibility, you haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting it processed before the 1st November now. That's the bad news, or one bit of it anyway.

On the other hand, depending on what your offences are and whether or not they invlove CIMT, you may not need a waiver of ineligibility and you might be granted the visa much more quickly. Meaning you can make your November travel deadline. That's the good news, or at least as good as it gets - the "best case scenario" if you will.

And then again, neither of the above things could happen. The embassy says you don't need a waiver but they don't approve the visa either, and tell you to apply for ESTA instead. Only now you would be applying for ESTA and having to declare a denied visa application. And this is the second piece of troublesome news, as that visa denial could severely affect your ability to be approved for ESTA before November.

Tough isn't it?

EDIT: Oh dear. Just seen your post in the other thread, and that basically means you need to be looking at the first scenario I outlined. You're NOT going on 1st November, period.

Last edited by materialcontroller; Aug 17th 2012 at 7:52 pm.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

muppet07 is an unknown quantity at this point

really hoped someone wouldnt say that , why does it take so long ?? why isnt there a premium service you could use for quick approval ???? i would pay whatever it took for peace of mind !!! im so ashamed of my past ! but all this has brought all of it into my present with a bang !!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.