Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old May 29th 2012, 5:39 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by platypusfighter
Ah ok. Sorry. It was an arrest and charge and due to a conviction including Moral Turpitude...
Thanks for the clarification. I asked, because many people will wrongly apply for a B-2 visa simply because of an arrest or conviction, and not specifically because of an arrest or conviction for a CIMT offense.

Ian
Old May 29th 2012, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Thanks for the clarification. I asked, because many people will wrongly apply for a B-2 visa simply because of an arrest or conviction, and not specifically because of an arrest or conviction for a CIMT offense.

Ian
No problem
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:26 am
Just Joined

platypusfighter is an unknown quantity at this point

ARG!

Im coming up to 3 weeks into 20 weeks for my application. Did anyone get theirs under 20 weeks?

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by platypusfighter
ARG!

Im coming up to 3 weeks into 20 weeks for my application. Did anyone get theirs under 20 weeks?

Thanks

We are currently at 16 weeks and have been told to expect visa at week 25!!!!

The Belfast embassy kept passport but we requested it back after 14th week.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

terminalvelociraptor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by multiwick
We are currently at 16 weeks and have been told to expect visa at week 25!!!!

The Belfast embassy kept passport but we requested it back after 14th week.
A friend of mine just hit 23 weeks, had flight and hotels all booked for this week based on his turnaround of about 6 weeks from the last time he got a waiver a couple of years ago. So everyone, be sure not book a thing until you have that visa in hand.
Old Jun 12th 2012, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by terminalvelociraptor
A friend of mine just hit 23 weeks, had flight and hotels all booked for this week based on his turnaround of about 6 weeks from the last time he got a waiver a couple of years ago. So everyone, be sure not book a thing until you have that visa in hand.

My husband goes every year for a visa waiver as we go on holiday to florida each year. He has 4 visa waivers in his current passport and each time they have all come back within 3 days of his interview. However this year we have found out that they currently processing approx 25 weeks later!!!

He too lost out on a holiday... myself and family had to go without him due to no passport and no visa!!!

So for anyone reading these posts, PLEASE NOT RELY ON PREVIOUS YEARS and dont book anything until you have passport back with Visa/Waiver.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Im new to the forum and was hoping for a little help & advice please.. I was just wondering as i have read through the past pages, I see many of you have waited 20+ weeks to recieve your emails from the US embassy to ask you to submit your passport. This is a long time in comparison to the previous years we have been. Im a little worried now. I was wondering what date you all put on your application forms as your intended date of travel? and if your visas came before this date or in time if you were due to go on this date? If so how many weeks before your intended date of travel did you get the email?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:25 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubble123
I was wondering what date you all put on your application forms as your intended date of travel? and if your visas came before this date or in time if you were due to go on this date? If so how many weeks before your intended date of travel did you get the email?
Let me guess... you've already booked your tickets, right?

Ian
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Im new to the forum and was hoping for a little help & advice please.. I was just wondering as i have read through the past pages, I see many of you have waited 20+ weeks to recieve your emails from the US embassy to ask you to submit your passport. This is a long time in comparison to the previous years we have been. Im a little worried now. I was wondering what date you all put on your application forms as your intended date of travel? and if your visas came before this date or in time if you were due to go on this date? If so how many weeks before your intended date of travel did you get the email?
Thanks in advance.

my husband had interview in February 2012 and we put our actual travel date of 24th May 2012 down and also included the flight infomation etc. Told no lies... but he has still not had any word back. Each time we contact them we were told it will be approx 25 weeks from date of interview. We only found this out after 8 weeks of waiting, as if we knew at the time of interview we could of changed our holiday to a later date, but at 5 weeks before travel it was too late to do anything so my husband was unable to travel with us as no visa and no Passport as Belfast Consulate still had his passport!!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Thanks for your replys. Yes we have allready booked. I know its my fault. I was going on our previous experience from the past 4 years of going. We had never booked a holiday before going (in the past 4 times) and the visa email allways arrived aprox 2 - 3 months before our intended date of travel. At a wait time of around 16 weeks. Last year it was only 12 weeks. So i hoped it would be ok.
I was just hoping to see if the people who had waited the 20+ weeks had a travel date after that time. If it comes to it nearer the time, i will just pay the charge & change the flight. I was just hoping that some one had some luck somewhere. Thanks
Thats terrible about your husbands visa.. I wonder why it has gone from 14 - 16 to 20 -22 weeks wait?

Last edited by bubble123; Jun 13th 2012 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

Thanks for your replys. Yes we have allready booked. I know its my fault. I was going on our previous experience from the past 4 years of going. We had never booked a holiday before going (in the past 4 times) and the visa email allways arrived aprox 2 - 3 months before our intended date of travel. At a wait time of around 16 weeks. Last year it was only 12 weeks. So i hoped it would be ok.
I was just hoping to see if the people who had waied the 20 + weeks had a travel date after that time. If it comes to it nearer the time, i will just pay the charge & change the flight. I was just hoping that some one had some luck somewhere. Thanks

We based ours on last 4 years interviews, on each occasion the passport was returned with Visa enclosed within 2-3 Days of the interview but this year they have advised 25 WEEKS!!!!

I cant understand why they are taking so long now, 2 DAYS to 25 WEEKS is a massive difference!!!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

He was advised 20 - 22 weeks wait..and had the interview this week!! Ive got to say it doesnt look hopefull. Its a huge difference in the wait time!! I know realisticly we shouldnt have booked, but i knew if i didnt book the flight & hotel when i did the availability at the same price may not be there like the week before we would travel..
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

He was advised 20 - 22 weeks wait..and had the interview this week!! Ive got to say it doesnt look hopefull. Its a huge difference in the wait time!! I know realisticly we shouldnt have booked, but i knew if i didnt book the flight & hotel when i did the availability at the same price may not be there like the week before we would travel..
Did they advise him, at the time of interview???

we have been waiting 16 weeks so far and heard nothing!
Old Jun 13th 2012, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

yeah 20 - 22 weeks
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

GinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura aboutGinGino has a spectacular aura about

On the website it advises not to book prior to receiving confirmation, I doubt they will be any quicker than 25 weeks, the website is informing people that they will be very busy over the summer months due to the Olympics, so that is another reason for delay!
I wish you all the best, I know how it feels to wait.
How come the Belfast embassy kept the passport? I have never heard of that before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.