Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Old Sep 30th 2015, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

bubble123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nonimmigrant Visa Waiver of Ineligibility Application

Originally Posted by multiwick
Excellent... Did the email from embassy go to your normal inbox or junk mail etc? I'm worrying incase we have missed it? Husbands interview was 17th Feb in London. B2 holiday visa application. we now into 32nd week. Checked the Online system and still shows Refused (but I think others said it shows this until email sent).Just hoping for email soon. Had 5 before and all come back within a few days of interview. Thanks
Have you checked the site where you made the appointment?As they update there too, & it changes from appointment to send documents I think. But I think this happens with the email. But if you've missed the email you'd probably be able to see here.
Old Sep 30th 2015, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
Have you checked the site where you made the appointment?As they update there too, & it changes from appointment to send documents I think. But I think this happens with the email. But if you've missed the email you'd probably be able to see here.
Yes just checked again on the site and just has same info.... 😔
Old Sep 30th 2015, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

That's a shame.. I had an email from them the other week as I emailed when it got to 6 months & they said they're taking at least 6 months & some up to 8 months but again this is only a guideline!
Old Sep 30th 2015, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

multiwick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bubble123
That's a shame.. I had an email from them the other week as I emailed when it got to 6 months & they said they're taking at least 6 months & some up to 8 months but again this is only a guideline!
Where did you email? What did you say to them? Thanks
Old Oct 1st 2015, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

I filled out the contact form on their website - the US embassy London one.
I just said it's 6 months today (when it was) and I was advised at the time of interview that the waiver of ineligibility would be about 6 months, we hadn't heard anything & just wanted to check we hadn't missed the email ( I being my husband )
They emailed back & said the waivers are taking at least 6 months to process & some up to 8 months, your application is in Washington & you'll be notified as soon as we can continue or something along those lines.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Homeme is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking forward to our big move to Australia. Cheers to all !
Old Oct 4th 2015, 7:46 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Homeme
Looking forward to our big move to Australia. Cheers to all !
WTF does this have to do with anything in this thread? Answer = it doesn't.

As you were warned by the moderator in another thread: "... there is no point in posting in threads that are unconnected to your situation."

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2015, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

British expats

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I've been reading with interest over the last few months.

My story as brief as possible. Was granted a multiple entry 1 year B2 with a 212 waiver in 2012. After a last I94 entry I reapplied to come back to renew (reapply from scratch) on May 18 this year with all relevant documentation

Interview was straight forward. Took all documents except this time they didn't take passport. He said he'd recommend an expedite but was unable to guarantee as they had changed policies since last application.

2012 application was an 8 day start to finish turnaround.

Never assuming anything and having written a million times (9) we've basically been told to stop writing and visa will take at least 6 months to process.

My scenario. My now fiancé was transferred from London to New York on E1 visa (valid thru 2018). Our twin babies also have e1 visa (same validity). As we were not married I applied for B2. At the time clearly had no idea of having to return to England for a new visa and interview. Yes I thought could renew following misleading info at CBP.

I understand we are not an urgent humanitarian need to enter (death in family or urgent medical treatment required) and I also am aware that no travel plans should be made until visa is processed and approved.

My gripe. I was there already a year and a half (thankfully granted) and now we are split apart whilst I await a decision. I came with a small suitcase for 3 weeks (as mentioned last one took 8 days) with no idea the process would take so long

I'm fully sponsored by my fiancés company.

Relative points.

Full aware that we don't take for granted approvals but now desperate to know if will take longer than 6 months.

Question. Is it a hindrance or help if we at this stage (5 months) hire a lawyer to assist my application or would the embassy get annoyed

Would we annoy them further by writing again (last letter June) to see if the current processing time changed.

I couldn't bear to think I'd be denied on basis of hounding them too much.

Is it better to stay on the b2 application at this stage or isn't possible to change to a fiancé visa without extending any further our separation ?!

I assume I still need a waiver regardless of visa type ?!

We've this week allowed the company to ask their lawyer these questions but I felt as this thread is so popular and with so many scenarios from people that I may find my information first hand by myself instead of relying on someone else if that makes sense.

I say one more time. I know no one should assume anything after needing a waiver in the first place but every one deserves clean slates in life and no one can judge how someone was led to an arrest in the first place. It's just so hard to have been there and then have it all taken away only to have to wait months and months separated with new babies.

Thank you for your time. I know this is a long post.
Old Oct 6th 2015, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mistyknight17
Full aware that we don't take for granted approvals but now desperate to know if will take longer than 6 months.
It is routinely taking 7-8 months. Sorry, but that's the reality of your situation.

Is it a hindrance or help if we at this stage (5 months) hire a lawyer to assist my application or would the embassy get annoyed
You can hire whomever you choose - but it'll make no difference to your timeline.

Would we annoy them further by writing again (last letter June) to see if the current processing time changed.
It has not.

I couldn't bear to think I'd be denied on basis of hounding them too much.
They won't deny the visa because you're persistent - but it won't speed them up either.

Is it better to stay on the b2 application at this stage or isn't possible to change to a fiancé visa without extending any further our separation ?!
Since your fiancé isn't a US citizen, she can't sponsor you for a K-1 (fiancée) visa - so, that's out.

I assume I still need a waiver regardless of visa type ?!
Yes - and no matter what type of visa you try to change to, you'll end up back at the beginning of the process. New visa = new process.

It's just so hard to have been there and then have it all taken away only to have to wait months and months separated with new babies.
I am not unsympathetic to your situation, but there's absolutely nothing you can do to move this along! It will take as long as it takes.

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2015, 10:09 am
Just Joined

swigz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Would just like to update you on my situation.

I had my interview in Auckland on April 2nd this year. I received my acceptance email on Oct 6th.

So pretty much bang on 6 months.

Good luck to all who are still waiting

Your posts have been a good resource over the last six months - my thanks! Happy travels.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 11:37 am
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ,

I just had my interview at the embassy in london and the consular stated that She is referring my case for a waiver,

I have a booked holiday in march (only paid small deposits) the consular stated to me that i should be ok for my travel in march

the problem is what should I do? I have until January to settle the balances on my holiday however posts here are showing it will take 6-8months is the consular hinting at anything or purely guessing??

I am thinking that I will just cancel it all but With a slight hope It is decided before January what does anyone on here think??

thank you
Old Oct 7th 2015, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by k.b
I have a booked holiday in march (only paid small deposits) the consular stated to me that i should be ok for my travel in march
She's guessing.

the problem is what should I do? I have until January to settle the balances on my holiday however posts here are showing it will take 6-8months is the consular hinting at anything or purely guessing??
It's routinely taking 7-8 months. I honestly don't think you're going to get it in time.

Ian
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

Mistyknight17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Ian

Thank you so much for replying. I was hoping you may have seen my thread as I like your no nonsense honesty.

Thank you for clarifying the main points

As shocking (upsetting) as it is to read the words 7-8 months, it gives perspective on how one has to manage handling their life's logistics until such time a decision arrives.

Re. fiancé. He will not become a citizen. He has another 3 years on transfer which of course now is pending our decision outcome. As is our pending wedding location. Would you happen to also know if I will need a waiver for a Spouse visa. If accepted this year, of course I am happy to stay on a B2 visa, but an instinct tells me I would not be allowed to remain on a B2 visa once married?!

Thanks again for your time. You are very knowledgable.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Got the email yesterday & sent the passport of to the embassy..
So it was 28 weeks & 6 days from interview to email.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 3:17 pm
k.b
Just Joined

k.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
She's guessing.

It's routinely taking 7-8 months. I honestly don't think you're going to get it in time.

Ian
Thank you for responding Ian

Yes i thought as much just amazes me that she would say it with confidence when everyone seems to be waiting 6-8 months for it

In any case i have decided I will cancel my plans and if a visa is granted then make the plans just glad i have not paid up in full lile others have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.