Non-Immigrant Visa Help

Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Non-Immigrant Visa Help

Best to keep your options open.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:48 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesC86_UK
... that is quite disheartening
Sadly, this happens quite a lot - mostly because people have unrealistic expectations.

Ian
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:11 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Some things are best kept as dreams. I have no doubt that the New York City you fell in love with on your holidays is very different to the New York City you would be living and working in, if any of your plan were achievable. Stay in the U.K. (or another EU country while you can) and enjoy the generous holiday allowances there and use them to visit New York City again, if you wish.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:12 am
Banned

jsted is an unknown quantity at this point

Desperately short of doctors in the US, plenty of hospitals in NYC (e.g Mount Sinai, Montefiore etc) and upstate NY will sponsor visas and green cards with sign on bonus etc

Considering a career switch?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 1:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Was there not a Model who came to the NYC on a work visa?
Old Sep 5th 2017, 2:36 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Performers and athletes have their own classes of visa specific to their career. The was a notorious case a few years ago where a model obtained an O-1 "extraordinary ability" visa.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 3:35 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
There was one who came on a (probably) B-2, had to go back home every 6 months "to get the passport stamped", eventually became a USC and FLOTUS.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 7:56 am
Just Joined

JamesC86_UK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Some things are best kept as dreams. I have no doubt that the New York City you fell in love with on your holidays is very different to the New York City you would be living and working in, if any of your plan were achievable. Stay in the U.K. (or another EU country while you can) and enjoy the generous holiday allowances there and use them to visit New York City again, if you wish.
Hi Twinkle Yes I can imagine that visiting New York on holiday would be very different to living and working there, However I live in a city at the minute Manchester England so I know how it feels to live and work in a city, but New York is much bigger and much more appealing to me. That is why I also wanted to do this as a temporary visit, ranging from 6 months up to 2 years as I would always be coming back.

I just know its something I want to do, and I will make this happen I am quite determined! It might take me some time but I will keep chasing this...
Old Sep 5th 2017, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

shiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond reputeshiversaint has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesC86_UK
Hi Twinkle Yes I can imagine that visiting New York on holiday would be very different to living and working there, However I live in a city at the minute Manchester England so I know how it feels to live and work in a city, but New York is much bigger and much more appealing to me. That is why I also wanted to do this as a temporary visit, ranging from 6 months up to 2 years as I would always be coming back.

I just know its something I want to do, and I will make this happen I am quite determined! It might take me some time but I will keep chasing this...
There are a few UK recruitment companies who have established offices under the E-2 scheme in the US, and it's definitely possible to do an international transfer as an Essential Employee once you've established yourself here. Grim work, mind you.