Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

Quite simply if they keep your passport, it's a pretty sure bet you're approved.

..and yes, as stated, take it seriously and without sounding flippant, ONLY answer what you are asked. e.g. the answer to 'Do you know the time?' is 'Yes', but the answer to 'what time is it?' is 'It's 4:15 pm (or whatever)'.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:35 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markal
Thank you. Do they tell you on the day whether you have been accepted / refused?
Yes they do.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:45 pm
Banned

albanks2542 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

I have applied for a B1/B2 Visa, I am a British Citizen.

The reason i applied is due to 3 minor offences that i have on my criminal record, the newest one being for fighting 14 years ago.

I have completed my DS 160 and paid the fee.

But when i am trying to book an appointment in London for the interview, no dates are shown for the next 2 years, there are a couple of dates available in Belfast.

I called the Embassy call centre number to try and book an appointment and the woman on the phone asked me if i have convictions and was that the reason for me applying for the Visa? i said yes and she said....there are no appointments available and you just need to look again, she said she did not know if and when there would be any appointments available in London. "I can't give you any information"

Does anyone have any information about how this appointment system in works? Should i just keep looking on the Web Site in the hope that appointments will pop up?

At the moment it seems like i have just wasted my £130 because i really can't travel to Belfast for an appointment.

Many Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mark
https://travel.state.gov/content/vis...it-times.html/

Where are you getting 2 years from? There is a 2 calender day waiting period for London according to state department website. There is no message on the embassy website speaking of lengthy delays. If you apply for the DS160 there is a FAQ section which directs you the state department site and that site tells you there is a 2 day waiting period for visitor visa appointments 2 days for all type of non immigrant appointments. They are building a new embassy on the southbank I believe. That might take 2 years to complete but the current one is operating at full capacity. It sounds like the person on the phone didn't know what they were talking about. You should phone again and speak to a different person.

Last edited by albanks2542; Mar 23rd 2017 at 8:52 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 10:19 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albanks2542
There is no message on the embassy website speaking of lengthy delays.
Perhaps not today, no. On March 8, when he made the post you've quoted, perhaps there was.

Would you please not post in the immigration forums... you have no idea what's going on and you keep infecting it with your moronic posts.

Ian
Old May 24th 2017, 8:57 am
Just Joined

markal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Yes they do.
Hi,

I have my interview on Friday, just wondered if you could help me with a couple of questions, please.

I have read that if you are unsuccessful, they still keep your passport and it normally takes 60 days to get returned, but on occasions it can take up to 6 months - Do you know if this is correct? or do they give it you straight back if you are unsuccesful ?

Also - Are you able to take a mobile into the Embassy, i'm going to be leaving the wife wandering around London and need to meet up with her after!

Many Thanks
Mark
Old May 24th 2017, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Also - Are you able to take a mobile into the Embassy, i'm going to be leaving the wife wandering around London and need to meet up with her after!
At both my experiences at the US Embassy in London, I could take my phone in without any issues (I remember clearly as I was bored catching up with the news)
Old May 24th 2017, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

I have read that if you are unsuccessful, they still keep your passport and it normally takes 60 days to get returned, but on occasions it can take up to 6 months - Do you know if this is correct? or do they give it you straight back if you are unsuccesful ?

If you're denied without any recourse you get your passport back straight away.

You can take mobile phone. The rules were changed to allow it a few years back.
Old May 24th 2017, 11:14 am
Just Joined

thank you both
Old May 24th 2017, 12:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If they are going to issue a visa usually a week or so to get your passport back.

If you need a waiver they ask for your Passport if the waiver succeeds rather than keeping it.
Old May 26th 2017, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

So, I got refused :-(

The guy said that i had ineligibles due to my convictions.

He said that he would apply for a waiver for this, but that needs to be done in the states and can take up to six months.

He said, just wait for a letter to come through the post and if i am successful that i will need to send my passport off again to them.

Anyone, have any information what he's on about doing?

Many Thanks
Mark
Old May 26th 2017, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone, have any information what he's on about doing?
There are only two possible outcomes from a visa interview... approval or denial. Your visa has been denied because of your inadmissibility - due to your convictions. However, the officer believes that a waiver of the inadmissibility will ultimately be approved... at which point the visa will also then be approved. Waiver applications are always sent to the US for review by the Department of Homeland Security. The good news is that if you are recommended for a waiver (which you were), you will almost surely get it. The bad news, is that it's likely to take longer than 6 months... perhaps 7 or 8. There is absolutely nothing you can do just now to speed that up or find out how much longer it's going to take. Sit back... relax... get on with life until you receive notice to submit your passport.

Ian
Old May 26th 2017, 12:41 pm
Just Joined

Sit back... relax... get on with life until you receive notice to submit your passport.

Ian[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ian,

So just to clarify, I dont need to do nothing else, send any more forms etc........Just wait for them to contact me?

Thanks
Old May 26th 2017, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Correct, wait.