Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

Old Mar 8th 2017, 6:27 am
Just Joined

markal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

Hello All,

I have applied for a B1/B2 Visa, I am a British Citizen.

The reason i applied is due to 3 minor offences that i have on my criminal record, the newest one being for fighting 14 years ago.

I have completed my DS 160 and paid the fee.

But when i am trying to book an appointment in London for the interview, no dates are shown for the next 2 years, there are a couple of dates available in Belfast.

I called the Embassy call centre number to try and book an appointment and the woman on the phone asked me if i have convictions and was that the reason for me applying for the Visa? i said yes and she said....there are no appointments available and you just need to look again, she said she did not know if and when there would be any appointments available in London. "I can't give you any information"

Does anyone have any information about how this appointment system in works? Should i just keep looking on the Web Site in the hope that appointments will pop up?

At the moment it seems like i have just wasted my £130 because i really can't travel to Belfast for an appointment.

Many Thanks for any help you can give me,

Mark
Old Mar 8th 2017, 7:39 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Visa Appointments In London Please Help

Keep checking the system regularly, as appointments for London will open up and become available eventually.

Alternatively, why can't you travel to Belfast?

Also, what exactly are the offences and are you absolutely sure you need a visa?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:10 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So i just keep checking until the appointments show up i guess on a daily basis?

My convictions are;

1. 1989 - Assualt, occassioning actual bodily harm - Fined
2. 1992 - Criminal Damage - Fined
3. 2003 - Caution - Common assualt

I thought as i have been arested and convicted i would need to apply for the full Visa - I am taking my family so really didnt want to take any chances.

Have i made a mistake - ?

Many Thanks
Mark
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:21 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markal
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. So i just keep checking until the appointments show up i guess on a daily basis?

My convictions are;

1. 1989 - Assualt, occassioning actual bodily harm - Fined
2. 1992 - Criminal Damage - Fined
3. 2003 - Caution - Common assualt

I thought as i have been arested and convicted i would need to apply for the full Visa - I am taking my family so really didnt want to take any chances.

Have i made a mistake - ?

Many Thanks
Mark
On the face of it, none of those offences seem to warrant applying for a US visa. A visa is only required if the offences fall under the definition of "moral turpitude".

However, you've applied for a visa now so you will need to follow through on the process; otherwise, an abandoned application is counted as a visa denial - and that is something to be avoided as it could affect you again at a later date.

If Belfast has appointments available, why can't you travel there for the interview instead of London?
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Thank you for this, i will keep checking for appointments and if need be travel to Belfast.

Could you just advise one more thing.

Another site suggests that i need to complete the following

2. Provide details of your criminal record – You do this by completing a Personal Data Sheet (VC01)
3. Provide official confirmation of your criminal record – You do this by obtaining a police certificate from the ACPO issued less than 6 months before your visa interview.

Do you know if this is still current? On my application it only stated that i needed to bring my passport to the interview?

Thanks
Mark
Old Mar 8th 2017, 8:49 am
Account Closed

Thank you for this, i will keep checking for appointments and if need be travel to Belfast.

Could you just advise one more thing.

Another site suggests that i need to complete the following

2. Provide details of your criminal record – You do this by completing a Personal Data Sheet (VC01)
3. Provide official confirmation of your criminal record – You do this by obtaining a police certificate from the ACPO issued less than 6 months before your visa interview.

Do you know if this is still current? On my application it only stated that i needed to bring my passport to the interview?

Thanks
Mark
There is a link to the VCU1 form on the embassy website.

You will definitely need both this form and the police certificate, which you should apply for asap.

You might also need to provide further detail such as court records if the police certificate shows no details.

You take all of this documentary evidence to the interview and produce it if asked to do so.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Ok thank you.

So i dont need to send / upload these forms - just take them to the interview?

I have a UK Criminal Records Check that i need for my job, i guess i could takle that also

Many Thanks for your help

Mark
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:20 am
Account Closed

Ok thank you.

So i dont need to send / upload these forms - just take them to the interview?

I have a UK Criminal Records Check that i need for my job, i guess i could takle that also

Many Thanks for your help

Mark
Definitely take the CRB check with you. If it's an enhanced DBS and shows details of all offences, you shouldn't need to get court records.

The last time I went through this process, you just take the documents to your interview. I don't remember being asked to submit them in advance.
Old Mar 8th 2017, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Thank you much appreciated.

I will take the Enhanced BS and the ACRO check
Old Mar 8th 2017, 11:06 am
Account Closed

More information regarding this process, as well as the link to the VCU1 form, is on this page from the US London Embassy website:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/ineli...on-conviction/
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

Hi There

I have had my ACRO Check completed and it has been returned as "No live Trace" - Will this go in my favour?

I also now have my interview booked for May, any advise on what I should / shouldn't say?

Many Thanks
Mark
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Due to the statute of limitations and your last incident being more than seven years ago, it SHOULD come back as no live trace. However, you are still obliged (as you have done) to declare it, so in fact it will neither help nor hinder your case apart from showing there is nothing more recent on the books.
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for this. Will they want to know the in's and out's of what happened during my interview?
I guess honesty is the best policy?
Thanks again
Mark
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Hi There

I have had my ACRO Check completed and it has been returned as "No live Trace" - Will this go in my favour?

I also now have my interview booked for May, any advise on what I should / shouldn't say?

Many Thanks
Mark
Don't approach the interview with a casual manner. You will be fine as long as you treat it seriously and answer the questions briefly and honestly.

"No Live Trace" at least demonstrates that you've been out of trouble for a good few years now, so you can use that length of time to show that you've turned your life around and been rehabilitated.

Good luck!
Old Mar 23rd 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. Do they tell you on the day whether you have been accepted / refused?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.