New member H1B issues

Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold
Default New member H1B issues

Hi All

I have been trying for H1B sposorship for about 12 months now, I had an interview over the phone last night and actualy got offered a job with sponsorship, before i get to exited i thought i would ask some question and voice some concerns,

1/ has anybody ever been offered a job from cnet-global.com? there web site looks good they have offered me a job in Plano Texas, they stated i would get some paperwork within 2 weeks? however they did mention i would have to pay a $2500 deposit which would be refunded once i move accross they say this is so i dont back out once they have paid for the H1B is this normal?

2/ I have an interview with another company on Friday has anyone heard of CiberWiz Inc?

3/How would i go about getting my wife and daughter to be able to work once we move accross? is there a special visa i can apply for as they would go stir crazy if they could not work

I am sure there will be many more questions but i think i have bothered you enough for now

Thanks in advance
Steve
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New member H1B issues

Originally Posted by skydivingisfun
3/How would i go about getting my wife and daughter to be able to work once we move accross? is there a special visa i can apply for as they would go stir crazy if they could not work
If you get a H1B then your wife and daughter (is she under 21 years?) will get the dependent visa H4. They can not work under H4. They have to obtain their own visa sponsorship through an employer, just like you are doing right now.

I can't answer your other questions.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

I have been trying for H1B sposorship for about 12 months now, I had an interview over the phone last night and actualy got offered a job with sponsorship, before i get to exited i thought i would ask some question and voice some concerns,

1/ has anybody ever been offered a job from cnet-global.com? there web site looks good they have offered me a job in Plano Texas, they stated i would get some paperwork within 2 weeks? however they did mention i would have to pay a $2500 deposit which would be refunded once i move accross they say this is so i dont back out once they have paid for the H1B is this normal?

2/ I have an interview with another company on Friday has anyone heard of CiberWiz Inc?

I am sure there will be many more questions but i think i have bothered you enough for now

Thanks in advance
Steve
I can't help with any info about the companies I'm afraid but just wanted to answer you as we were considering a move to the US on the same visa and out of the companies that offered hubby a job, none of them wanted us to pay anything. So I'd be a bit wary of that - make sure you get something in writing saying you'll get it refunded if you do decide to go ahead.

Also, I'm pretty sure that your wife/daughter will definitely not be able to work on that visa. I certainly was not going to be able to if we'd done it but that's not as issue for me as I have two very young children so would be happy at home anyway! But dependents are not allowed to work on that visa.

HTH a bit, best of luck. I'm sure that somebody with a lot more knowledge than me will be along soon to help with more info.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:53 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks in advance
Steve
DK any of the companies you mention but would be highly dubious of anyone who asks you for $$$. This is not how it's done.

H1b is a crap visa. You have no security and the road to permanent residence is long and hard, and by no means guaranteed.

Your dependents would be on H4 visas and would not be allowed to work.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:18 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All

Thanks in advance
Steve
WARNING

This sounds like a scam. Simple answer, although I'm sure it's not the one you'd like to hear.

Any company that charges "commission" or a "fee" for promising to get you an H1-B is a scam.

What did they say you'd be doing for work? Would you be commission-based? Did they say they're a consulting firm that would hire you out to other companies?

When did they say you could start work? The application date for 2008 H1-Bs is April 1st, and most applicants who get their paperwork in on that day will NOT be "lucky" enough to get an H1-B, since it will be massively over-subscribed. Even if you DO get a visa number, you cannot start work until October 1st of this year.

No idea about the other dodgy-sounding company.

Your wife and kids will be on H4 dependent visas, and won't be able to do ANY paid employment of any sort while you are on an H1-B. If you are coming over for an IT job, you'll most likely be looking at many years (possibly more than the 6 years allowed for an H1-B) before you can get a Green Card (when your wife can then work), assuming you can persuade your dodgy company to sponsor you for Permanent Residency.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:22 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow up my reply.

From what I can see, CNET Global may not be exactly a scam (they're a huge IT company) but they're sure as hell not an employer I'd work for.

Why? Because they recruit almost exclusively H1-B visa holders. They even attempt to lure them from other employers, offering to transfer the visa.

Any company doing this is probably using the H1-B system as so many Americans fear it is being used, as a way to pay lower wages, have total control over its workers (you can't complain about conditions or wages, or they'll fire your ass and you'll be on the next flight home) and generally screw its employees.

I'd be very wary.
Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that guys i did not like the idea of paying a deposit sounded dodgy

My daughter and her husband live in CA he is american she has just got her visa and will be going for her green card soon as they get back next week

I will see what the other company is like on Friday
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Just to follow up my reply.

From what I can see, CNET Global may not be exactly a scam (they're a huge IT company) but they're sure as hell not an employer I'd work for.
Dont seem to have an address though..
and runnig their phone number comes back as private people

and the other has other offices in Islamabad & Banglore

Benching going on possilbly
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a scam, highly unusual to ask for a deposit.

Plus they won't be able to apply for the visa till April for a following Oct start.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

They have now sent me a contract through along with T&C etc all looks aboveboard i queried he deposit and they say this is fully refundable and just to make sure i do not back out and cost them money

I spoke to them and said it was to much money to lay out if i am to move as i will need all my cash for that, hey have said i can pay $500 and a bank security for the rest?

Don't know weather to b exited or dissapointed
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:56 pm
Arrogant ****

They have now sent me a contract through along with T&C etc all looks aboveboard i queried he deposit and they say this is fully refundable and just to make sure i do not back out and cost them money

I spoke to them and said it was to much money to lay out if i am to move as i will need all my cash for that, hey have said i can pay $500 and a bank security for the rest?

Don't know weather to b exited or dissapointed
You're insane to even be talking to them anymore.

Didn't you read our replies? How about Ray's where he points out that they don't have a physical address, and their phone number is listed as a private individual?

Have you researched the term "benching"? Do you know what this means with regards to "H1-B agencies" and the fact that this illegal (but common) practice could end up with you being either a) not paid or b) kicked out of the country?

Seriously, I think you're mad to be considering this "company". NOBODY should be charging a "fee" or "deposit" to sponsor you for an H1-B.

Did you read our replies about your wife and daughter not being able to work when they're here on H4 visas?

Are you clear on the fact that your chances of actually getting an H1-b visa in April are almost ZERO, due to oversubscription, and that if you get one you can't start until October?

Have you made sure that your "deposit" will be refunded if you don't get chosen for an H1-B visa due to oversubscription?

You're about to move your family across the Atlantic for this job. You should be doing more than asking questions on this board.

If you really, really want to work for this dodgy company with little chance of getting a visa, see what they say when you say that you're not comfortable paying any money. See what they say when you ask whether they EVER "bench" their H1-B employees. Find out what their contractual agreement will be regarding paying for you to return home if you lose your job or your H1-B comes to an end (they're required to at least pay your airfare, but I'm guessing they won't meet this obligation). What about healthcare? Do they cover you and your family? If not, that could cost more than you'll be making. How about relocation? Do they expect you to pay for your move to the US? The list of questions is endless, and the answers (from a company that wants you to pay them for a low-probability visa applicatoin) are unlikely to be good.

No, you know what? The more I write, the more convinced I am that you should just walk away. Sorry.

Last edited by dbj1000; Jan 25th 2008 at 12:59 pm.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 4:53 am
Just Joined

hsgali1975 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that guys i did not like the idea of paying a deposit sounded dodgy

My daughter and her husband live in CA he is american she has just got her visa and will be going for her green card soon as they get back next week

I will see what the other company is like on Friday
I have also received email from the same company ciberwiz.com but i think the company is scam.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

At least CiberWiz Inc has a proper website. Does not say a thing of course but it might not be such a scam as the other one.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by memiek
At least CiberWiz Inc has a proper website.
I think that you should always believe things are the truth based on whether or not you read it on a "proper website"! Good website = truth... bad website = lie. Wouldn't that make the whole world nicer?

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

memiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nicememiek is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I think that you should always believe things are the truth based on whether or not you read it on a "proper website"! Good website = truth... bad website = lie. Wouldn't that make the whole world nicer?

Ian
Ah well Ian.... f you read my post properly you would have seen that I also mentioned that it doesn't mean a thing.

What I meant with the proper website: they mention clients, careers, projects etc. If someone would like to, they can check and see if the business is legitimate or not

But yeah, it would make the world a much nicer and better place if you could just believe everything that has been written on a good website

Marieke

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.