New here .. visa advice needed

Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:40 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New here .. visa advice needed

Why not apply for an ESTA?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

Laurax is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Why not apply for an ESTA?

When Iv researched iv came to the conclusion I wouldn't be eligible for that, I know it says for certain crimes but then others suggest for any arrest. I did consider just that as although I have 4 arrests there is only 1 conviction and that doesn't fall under the Moral turpitude category from what Iv gathered. the other 3 were fines.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Mel20 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
You only need a medical for an immigrant visa, not to visit.
My husband had his visa declined in August we were due to go to Florida so had to cancel. Today he received a letter saying he needs to go to London to complete a medical at a cost £355. So I think you may be incorrect about only needing the medical for immigrant visa x
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Oh no sorry to hear you have had to cancel I won't be booking any flights until I know I have a visa sorted.

If you don't mind me asking why was it refused? X
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Laurax
Oh no sorry to hear you have had to cancel I won't be booking any flights until I know I have a visa sorted.

If you don't mind me asking why was it refused? X
Hi he has 2 convictions of drug conviction. Because he was over 18 at the time of the offences it was an instant decline. We were gutted as I honestly thOght he would be fine, he got a character reference from his boss, took his work contract and mine as I'm a nurse to prove we had a reason to return to the U.K. And also though as it was 11 years since the crime took place it would be ok. But they didn't even look at his supporting documents. We're now waiting to see if he gets the waiver of ineligiblity but have to pay an additional £355 but we will do that and hope we get a yes and get to go to Florida
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply.

If I was to apply and get turned down, even for a waiver, does that mean it's done completely or could I wait a x amount of time and try again? I don't want to be going for a visa and being denied and never aloud to try again if it'll be better to wait a few years longer in Hope of a better outcome (if I make sense)
It's not a forever no. If the answer is no they may recommend you for a waiver of ineligiblity. You case gets sent to Washington and they decide you will probably have to have a medical though. This can take 6 months + if you go to London embassy. If you go to Dublin embassy the wait times are a lot quicker
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Thankyou for that, I wasn't sure if once denied that would be it I feel a little assured knowing I could try again later along the line.

You will have to keep us posted on how the medical goes for your partner and the outcome.

Hoping for a positive outcome for you so you can head to Florida! X
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Just a reminder...it contravenes our Site Rules to encourage anyone to break the law.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

If you do attempt to travel to the US having lied on your ESTA about your criminal convictions and are found out, you are potentially committing a criminal offence under US law

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 11th 2017 at 8:28 pm.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Oh sorry have I said something I shouldn't of?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

No you didn’t...it wasn’t you.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No, you are fine. That was in reference to a different post, not yours.

Rene
Old Nov 11th 2017, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Aw that's good, don't want to be breaking rules lol!
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:02 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mel20
My husband had his visa declined in August we were due to go to Florida so had to cancel. Today he received a letter saying he needs to go to London to complete a medical at a cost £355. So I think you may be incorrect about only needing the medical for immigrant visa x
The only people who must have a medical are immigrant visa applicants. That's a better way of putting it and it's what I meant.

Your husband needs one because of his history of drugs. Had he not done that, he wouldn't need a medical. Immigrants HAVE to have medicals whether they have a history of drugs (or any other issue) or not.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:04 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

America is always a place Iv wanted to visit just my messed up life and troubled relationship caused me more trouble than enough. I am so glad I'm over all that mentally.
You're still very young and the US will always be here - it's not going anywhere so you can still visit later in your life.

I had a thought, have you considered Mexico? I'm not sure what the requirements are for tourist visas but your friend could probably get to Mexico cheaper than the UK so you could still meet your friend.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

I'd like to think that was the case I worried that once a refusal meant a lifetime refusal hopefully that will never be the case.

Iv never thought of Mexico no but that could well be a possiblity if it doesn't go to plan for a visa. I ain't made any plans to go i.e. Booked flights I was going to do that if and when I got a visa issued.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.