Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New to British Expats: American Spouse to UK

New to British Expats: American Spouse to UK

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 7:28 am
Just Joined

MrsAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New to British Expats: American Spouse to UK

Last edited by MrsAmerica; Oct 2nd 2014 at 8:16 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 7:32 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to British Expats: American Spouse to UK

Originally Posted by MrsAmerica
Hi! I hope I've found the right place to ask a few questions. We've been reading the requirements to bring an American spouse to UK with British citizen, and it's so confusing we don't understand anything!!!

We got married in Scotland and moved to US shortly thereafter. Husband is looking at job offers in the UK and may accept one soon. If he does, how do I apply to live in the UK?

If he gets a job offer, we have exactly 30 days (probably more like 25) to sort everything out. Can I apply in person in the UK? Or do I need to apply from the US and just cross my fingers it all works out?

If I enter into the UK as a visitor (the only way I can enter at this point) and make an appointment to get permission to stay -- what form or route am I supposed to be using?

Sorry for all the questions -- head is spinning. Any and all advice (especially warnings of how not to screw this up) are GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!!!
Welcome to BE

Your question would be better off in the UK part of the forum as this part is for people trying to get a visa to go to the US.

Find it here..

Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) - British Expats

and this thread from there..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...mation-830478/
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 7:35 am
Just Joined

MrsAmerica is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU!!!
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

londonboy450 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsAmerica
THANK YOU!!!
Congrats MrsAmerica, Hope you enjoy UK and British Life. I loved London and enjoyed it