Need help on I130 visa

Old Jul 22nd 2003, 12:47 pm
anandh78

Unhappy Need help on I130 visa

hi i am from india and my wife is an american citizen. My wife cam e to india and we got married in india . She then went back and filed a petition for an I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN visa on september 2002 . The INS has sent lot of documents to my wife and she has paid processing fees as well and even i got a of documents from them asking for a confirmation of address proof. it is nearly a year now and still we are not sure as to how long it will take as there is no concrete answer. It will be great if someone can tell me how long it normally takes for the INS to process a II30 visa ????.thanks in advance

Old Jul 24th 2003, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

ccqiu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help on I130 visa

Originally posted by anandh78
hi i am from india and my wife is an american citizen. My wife cam e to india and we got married in india . She then went back and filed a petition for an I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN visa on september 2002 . The INS has sent lot of documents to my wife and she has paid processing fees as well and even i got a of documents from them asking for a confirmation of address proof. it is nearly a year now and still we are not sure as to how long it will take as there is no concrete answer. It will be great if someone can tell me how long it normally takes for the INS to process a II30 visa ????.thanks in advance
We sent an I-130 in 9/02 and was approved in 5/03. Hang on there. Yours should be approved soon. You can check the status on line with the receipt number on the Notice of Action form that INS (now BCIS) sent to your wife.
Old Jul 24th 2003, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you file the I-130. Processing time depends on that - I filed an I-130 for my husband at the Texas Service center in April 2002. If the processing times are correct, we still have over 500 days to wait...

Have you filed a K-3?
Old Jul 25th 2003, 4:44 am
anandh78

Originally posted by Megan
Where did you file the I-130. Processing time depends on that - I filed an I-130 for my husband at the Texas Service center in April 2002. If the processing times are correct, we still have over 500 days to wait...

Have you filed a K-3?
My wife did it for me in NY ..normally they said it will take a year or so not more than that .. no we decided against K3 as i won't be able to work there until i get a permit .it is not required i guess if u file for the I-130 ..when the visa gets approved i will get a green card with a two year probation period ...

Old Jul 25th 2003, 8:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Have you or your wife considered a K3 visa, or better yet, filing the I-130 *in* India? If you are eager to relocate to the US/reunite with your wife, I strongly suggest you find out about these options. I have no idea about your I-130 timeline other than thay can take up to 3 years to approve.
Old Jul 25th 2003, 12:08 pm
anandh78

Originally posted by meauxna
Have you or your wife considered a K3 visa, or better yet, filing the I-130 *in* India? If you are eager to relocate to the US/reunite with your wife, I strongly suggest you find out about these options. I have no idea about your I-130 timeline other than thay can take up to 3 years to approve.
thanks meauxna , yeah we considered K3 but then i will not be able to work for a while .I am with HP now in india as a software engineer and taking a break in this field will be a bad idea. when we got married the consulate was closed in india so we decided that she go there and file the visa. We expected the max waiting time to be a year and not more than that . 3 years is news to me .

Old Jul 25th 2003, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Patrick_A is an unknown quantity at this point

K-3 allows you 2 years before you have to come over and marry. It also gives you multible entries. You wouldnt have to immediately quit your job. I-30 takes way too long, it is why the K-3 was invented!

Patrick
Old Jul 25th 2003, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

Megan is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife did it for me in NY ..normally they said it will take a year or so not more than that .. no we decided against K3 as i won't be able to work there until i get a permit .it is not required i guess if u file for the I-130 ..when the visa gets approved i will get a green card with a two year probation period ...
So you have filed through the Vermont service center? Their processing times are now September 2002, so it looks like your wait is almost up. I have a friend you file her husband's I-130, also at Vermont, in August 2002, and they were approved about a month ago. So hang in there - if all goes well, it shouldn't be long now!
Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:36 pm
anandh78

Originally posted by Patrick_A
K-3 allows you 2 years before you have to come over and marry. It also gives you multible entries. You wouldnt have to immediately quit your job. I-30 takes way too long, it is why the K-3 was invented!

Patrick
thanks patrick ..yeah i read about the k3 visa too but i wanted to permanently shift and get over with all the procedures then i can conc on starting my life there ..should have been more careful about the time period though like u have pointed out !

Old Jul 25th 2003, 2:38 pm
anandh78

Originally posted by Megan
So you have filed through the Vermont service center? Their processing times are now September 2002, so it looks like your wait is almost up. I have a friend you file her husband's I-130, also at Vermont, in August 2002, and they were approved about a month ago. So hang in there - if all goes well, it shouldn't be long now!
thanks megan ! just hoping that you are right !

Old Jul 26th 2003, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

salooni110 is an unknown quantity at this point

anandh VSC is aprox 8and a half months for approval.
hang in there.
my question is, how long is it after the approval for an interview?
thanks
Old Jul 28th 2003, 12:26 pm
anandh78

Originally posted by salooni110
anandh VSC is aprox 8and a half months for approval.
hang in there.
my question is, how long is it after the approval for an interview?
thanks
We are almost there if it is 8 and a half months .i really don't have an answer to your question though . If there isn't any backlag in the consulate then i guess it should be a matter of weeks.
thanks

Old Jul 28th 2003, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cypher is an unknown quantity at this point

I filed an I-130 for my wife on Oct 24th and was approved a couple of weeks ago. I filed at VSC. So if your wife also file there, the approval should be somewhere around the corner, unless there have been any RFE's on the way.

Regards
Old Aug 7th 2003, 10:44 am
anandh78

Originally posted by Cypher
I filed an I-130 for my wife on Oct 24th and was approved a couple of weeks ago. I filed at VSC. So if your wife also file there, the approval should be somewhere around the corner, unless there have been any RFE's on the way.

Regards
I got the tick form from the VSC now . i have two queries now

can i send the tick form without any of the documents they have specified like the police clearance certificate. But i will make them ready when i go for the interview.

Old Aug 7th 2003, 10:44 am
anandh78

Originally posted by Cypher

Regards
I got the tick form from the VSC now . i have two queries now

can i send the tick form without any of the documents they have specified like the police clearance certificate. But i will make them ready when i go for the interview.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.