Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Old Mar 26th 2010, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: N400 - Time to complete the Journey

Originally Posted by Martin_Egan
I have been told that this is a glitch in the system , when they send out your biometrics letter it shows as an RFE on your status.
Yep, that's what I heard as well. My husband had the same thing happen right before he got the letter scheduling his biometrics.
Old Mar 26th 2010, 12:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martin_Egan
I have been told that this is a glitch in the system , when they send out your biometrics letter it shows as an RFE on your status.
I don't understand why you and others think this is some sort of glitch in the system. In order to continue processing your case, biometrics are required. This is information (read = evidence) that they don't yet have... so they send you a request for that evidence.

The premise is faulty - as you've all assumed than an RFE is, automatically, something bad.

The case status reflects exactly what they've done... it's not a glitch.

Ian
Old Mar 26th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

flagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud offlagirl has much to be proud of

Thanks for clearing that up, Ian-makes perfect sense!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 1:36 am
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of

Ok, off tomorrow to get my fingerprints Done....

Hopefully be in and out in 10 minutes......
Old May 12th 2010, 7:23 pm
The Gambler

Martin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud ofMartin_Egan has much to be proud of

2/23/10 Mailed application to Phoenix.
2/25/10 Received by USCIS.
3/06/10 Check cashed.
3/10/10 Received I-797C - Notice of Action.
3/20/10 Received Text Notification.
(Request for Additional Evidence Sent 3/18/10 )
3/25/10 Received Finger Print Notice Of Action.
4/08/10 FingerPrint Appt.. ( 9 am )
5/7/10 Received Interview Notification
6/1/10 Interview 9.30 am ( Day after Memorial Day )