N400 Interview tomorrow!

Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 Interview tomorrow!

Interview tomorrow and I'd be lying if I claimed to not feel a little nervous.
Can anyone give me some pointers as to the kind of civics questions they were asked on the test please? I've revised and revised but still not totally confident.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:04 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Interview tomorrow!

Originally Posted by Adnams
Can anyone give me some pointers as to the kind of civics questions they were asked on the test please? I've revised and revised but still not totally confident.
They will quiz you from the list of questions they provide. Give an answer that they expect.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:37 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

The questions are random and can come from any on the list you were given. You only need to get 6 out of 10 right, so have quite some leeway if you need it.

They want you to succeed you will find the interview quite relaxed. As you have revised the questions you'll be OK.
Old Nov 14th 2017, 12:44 am
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

I downloaded a free app which had multiple choice questions and flashcards. That might be useful to look at while you're waiting to be called into the interview. I got my first question wrong - I was asked about which war was fought in the 1900's and I mistook it for which war was fought in the 19th century. Oops. I got the rest right. I was nervous too, but think of all the poor people who have to learn these question and for whom English isn't their first language. Good luck! You will be fine and are close to the end of your journey!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 2:16 am
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you know who your senator, congressperson, and local government head are, and you’re all set. Good luck!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn
I downloaded a free app which had multiple choice questions and flashcards. That might be useful to look at while you're waiting to be called into the interview. I got my first question wrong - I was asked about which war was fought in the 1900's and I mistook it for which war was fought in the 19th century. Oops. I got the rest right. I was nervous too, but think of all the poor people who have to learn these question and for whom English isn't their first language. Good luck! You will be fine and are close to the end of your journey!
That app is fabulous.

Thanks all
Old Nov 14th 2017, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well that was easy and over in about ten minutes, if that. The "interviewer" spoke so fast it was hard to understand him, lol

Kind of anti-climactic in a way.

Now just got to wait up to 60 days for the oath ceremony to be scheduled.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh! But also congrats!

My wife had her citizenship interview in the morning and was scheduled for an oath ceremony in the afternoon of that same day (at the Baltimore office). I had my interview at the same time as my wife but unfortunately my application had an issue that needed "further investigation". Long story but I suspect it was because someone with the same name was on a terror watch list - I had also been having issues at airports (secondary inspections, unable to get boarding passes in advance, etc). The irony is that I was the one who had encouraged my wife to apply and I walked out of the Baltimore office the only member of my family who was NOT a US citizen - our kids acquired it automatically through my wife's naturalization! Eventually I was scheduled for my oath ceremony 2 months later.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 3:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was easy and over in about ten minutes, if that. The "interviewer" spoke so fast it was hard to understand him, lol

Kind of anti-climactic in a way.

Congratulations. As a once lovely supermoderator said years ago, the US wants you to be a citizen.