Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400-citied-if case was dismissed?

N400-citied-if case was dismissed?

Old Dec 9th 2005, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

samal1485 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N400-citied-if case was dismissed?

Hello,

I got a traffic ticket, which later was dismissed in court. Do I have to mentioned about it in my N400?

Thanks,

Samal
Old Dec 9th 2005, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400-citied-if case was dismissed?

Originally Posted by samal1485
Do I have to mentioned about it in my N400?
Short answer - yes.

Long answer - The N-400 asks if you have ever been arrested, cited or detained. Which part of "ever" don't you understand? You should contact the court to get a copy of the case disposition!

Ian
Old Dec 11th 2005, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Thanks, Ian.

Samal
Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Short answer - yes.

Long answer - The N-400 asks if you have ever been arrested, cited or detained. Which part of "ever" don't you understand? You should contact the court to get a copy of the case disposition!

Ian
Old Dec 11th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

I got a traffic ticket, which later was dismissed in court. Do I have to mentioned about it in my N400?

Thanks,

Samal
I had a similar situation, ticket was dismissed in court. I listed it on my N400. Interviewer looked at the info & checked it off. NOWT to hide. Others may say NO to your question.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:12 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

Thanks,

Samal
Hi:

Of course you mention it -- and what its disposition was. See if you can get a certified copy of the court record -- or a letter from the court clerk saying such records have been destroyed.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Did you attach a letter explaining why you get your ticket and why the ticket was dismissed?

Samal

Originally Posted by frrussre
I had a similar situation, ticket was dismissed in court. I listed it on my N400. Interviewer looked at the info & checked it off. NOWT to hide. Others may say NO to your question.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Did you attach a letter explaining why you get your ticket and why the ticket was dismissed?

Samal

No you attach a copy of the court records stating what the charge was and the outcome of the hearing. A letter from you doesn't mean you are telling the truth. If you absolutely cannot get court records or a statement from the police department that issued the ticket then you have no alternative but to do a letter. But far better to have proof of the dismissal.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Rete!

Samal

Originally Posted by Rete
No you attach a copy of the court records stating what the charge was and the outcome of the hearing. A letter from you doesn't mean you are telling the truth. If you absolutely cannot get court records or a statement from the police department that issued the ticket then you have no alternative but to do a letter. But far better to have proof of the dismissal.
Old Dec 12th 2005, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Samal
The day before my Interview I went to my DMV & got a copy of my driving record. It was clean, I took this transcript to the interview.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 14th 2005, 12:45 am
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
ian-mstm <member2954@british_expats.com> wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >> I got a traffic ticket, which later was dismissed in court. Do I have
    >> to mentioned about it in my N400?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Samal
    >Short answer - yes.
    >Long answer - The N-400 asks if you have ever been arrested, cited or
    >detained. Which part of "ever" don't you understand? You should contact
    >the court to get a copy of the case disposition!

For someone looking forward to the N-400 (after the I-751 in approx 13
months), I assume it only means IN the US.

btw, does this also apply to traffic school, which "hides" your citation
from the public record in California?

MH

Old Dec 14th 2005, 2:29 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mh
For someone looking forward to the N-400 (after the I-751 in approx 13 months), I assume it only means IN the US.
The form isn't specific, so you may not want to make that assumption. Having said that however, I made that assumption!

btw, does this also apply to traffic school, which "hides" your citation from the public record in California?
Yes! If you have *ever* been cited you must disclose.

Ian
Old Dec 14th 2005, 6:52 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Thanks,

Samal
Does it ask you to? YES!