Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N400 Ceremony - Crazy long delay...

N400 Ceremony - Crazy long delay...

Old Jan 21st 2018, 10:23 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 Ceremony - Crazy long delay...

Originally Posted by gad33
I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Seriously though, that's what our Congressman's office said but, hey, maybe they just wanted our vote.
You got it right in the second sentence.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

We sent the original plea for help to my Congress(wo)man, Mrs Val Demmings' office.
Now when she was Chief of Orlando PD, she was pretty good at mislaying her firearms - so I suspect my wife's email address went the same way as Val's Glock 19.

We're done fannying around with this now, so have handed it to the lawyers - they have arranged a face to face with an adjudicator at the Orlando INS office already, so we seem to be moving in a more satisfactory direction a week later.

I'll report back with developments if and when they arise...
Old May 15th 2018, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

So, finally we have a result. It took my immigration attorney two in-person verbal punch-ups with our local field office - during the first, the delay was stated to being down to the fact that the official who was handling her case no longer worked there - and the second, where they finally agreed to investigate and accelerate the process. This latest was about 4 weeks ago.

Today she received DHS Form N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony - and have given us all of 3 days notice!

It's a shame that we had to piss away $2000 in attorney fees to make this happen, but had we not done so, I have no doubt that she would still be in limbo, with nothing forthcoming from US Immigration.

Anyway, saga over...
Old May 15th 2018, 10:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that it has been resolved. Congratulations to your wife on her upcoming naturalization. And thanks so much for updating your thread.
Old May 15th 2018, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

gad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond reputegad33 has a reputation beyond repute

At last.