N400 - Case updates online

Old Aug 8th 2017, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

luivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond repute
Default N400 - Case updates online

I am driving myself potty waiting for case updates online for my application.

I had my biometrics appointment about 3 weeks after I applied, and duly arrived and got all the stuff done. However, the online case tracker hasn't updated to say they've received it. It still says "On XXXXXX, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number XXXXXXXX. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by....."etc.

Its been around 5.5 months and that notice on the online case updater hasn't changed, although I see that for my field office the current processing time is about 9 months.

Is this lack of online update usual? I am feeling a little stressed about it.
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N400 - Case updates online

Yes, it's very usual. It only gets updated if someone at USCIS goes in and makes any update. There are people that are now USCs whose online case status still says processing.

The only way to know something for sure is when you get a notice in the regular mail.

Rene
Old Aug 8th 2017, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

luivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond reputeluivega has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Rene. The irrational/worrying part of my brain gained control over the logical part today.

I need to stop checking that damn website and just be patient.

Thanks again
Old Aug 9th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

KK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond reputeKK85 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luivega
Thank you Rene. The irrational/worrying part of my brain gained control over the logical part today.

I need to stop checking that damn website and just be patient.
Empathyyyy! My husband and I agreed several months ago that we would pay no mind to the updates (or lack thereof) on the CEAC website. We're doing what Rene suggests, and waiting for emails and/or snail mail.

Doesn't stop me checking the website at least once per day, though!

I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.