Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Trip outside the US Over 6 month

N-400 Trip outside the US Over 6 month

Old Oct 23rd 2017, 5:26 am
Just Joined

Alexbaker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default N-400 Trip outside the US Over 6 month

Re: N-400 Trip outside the US

I finally got the notice for the interview after almost a year

Now it's been 3 years that I have been living in the US without overseas trips

My question is now it's been 4 years since I became PR with 3 years continues physical presence in the US and for the first year I spent a period more then 6 month and lest then 1 year outside the USA before I completely moved, will the period after applying till the interview time will be considered as well or they will still look and ask for the trip that exceeded 6 month after being a PR.

I got PR 11.2013
I applied for N400 11/2016 based on marriage and 3 years after getting the PR
I was continually staying from 11.2014 till 10/2017

Thanks

Regards
Alex
Old Oct 23rd 2017, 6:31 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Trip outside the US Over 6 month

Interesting questions.

The adage of "your milage may vary" strikes me as quite applicable.

My colleagues have noted that bad attitudes among the minions of the dark forces has become more prevelent this year.
Old Nov 16th 2017, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Alexbaker is an unknown quantity at this point

i just had my interview, I passed the tests and signed the paper documents but the officer asked me for evidence that I maintained my residency in the period that exceeded 6 month and less then 1 year
I told her the only thing I had is maintaining a bank account, she checked it and she didn't find much transactions and I told her I was searching for jobs

She told me I know it's difficult to proof that and I won't withdraw your file now

She is waiting a reply by letter, she told me send me what you can come up with

I told her that's all what I have and asked her if I will reapply again will I wait for 1 more year she said it's from 6 month to 1 year

knowing that by now it's been 3 years that I am physically resident and continuously as well and 4 years having the green card

any ideas what can include more in the letter

thanks
Old Nov 16th 2017, 9:18 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What about bills that got paid in the USA, showing you maintained your residence...mortgage, rent, utility payments, mail you received at your US home while you were gone, that sort of thing?

Rene