Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Interview in San Diego, Calif.

N-400 Interview in San Diego, Calif.

Old Jul 13th 2007, 2:41 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question N-400 Interview in San Diego, Calif.

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone submitted their N-400 Naturalization & Citizenship application recently to the CSC & will be having their interview in San Diego, California? Under the three year law of being able to apply for USA citizenship based on the marriage to the same USA citizen. If so how long did it take from the time you submitted your N-400 application to the time you went for your interview at the San Diego, CA field office, & then to your USA oath ceremony where you actually became a USA citizen & received your USA Naturalization certificate?

When you went for your N-400 interview at the San Diego field office what type of questions did the USCIS officer ask you besides of course the civics tes, reading test, & writing test? How long did the interview last? Was the USCIS officer who interviewed you nice? Did they approve you for USA citizenship at the interview? Did they give you the required paper work that you need to submitt at your actual USA oath ceremony? Lastly did they tell you the date/time of your USA oath ceremony and schedule you for it at the
time of your interview?

My husband submitted his N-400 Naturalization & Citizenship application to the CSC on 5/10/07. He received his N-400 receipt notice indicating a receipt date of 5/14/07 & a notice date of 5/30/07. He also received his N-400 fingerprint notice the same day he received his N-400 receipt notice. He already went for his fingerprints on 6/19/07. Since then we have heard nothing from USCIS. We check the status of his N-400 application on the USCIS website & it never changes. We even signed up on the USCIS website to receive automatic e mail updates from USCIS on my husband's N-400 application, but again we have received nothing.

My girlfriend from England received her USA citizenship on 4/27/07 & she filed her application with the CSC on 2/1/07 & had her interview at the San Diego, California field office. Her husband received his N-400 interview on 6/28/07 & also filed his N-400 application with the CSC on 2/1/07. He decided to postpone his USA oath ceremony because they had a pre planned holiday back to England today. Otherwise the USCIS officer told him he could have gone to his USA oath ceremony on 7/19/07. Another girlfriend from Mexico applied for her N-400 the beginning of March 2007 also with the CSC & received her N-400 interview on 6/29/07 also at the San Diego, Calif. field office. She is scheduled & will be attending her USA oath ceremony on 7/19/07. All three of our above friends applied for their USA citizenship after five years of being a PR in San Diego, California. Their immigration here had nothing to do with marriage to a USA citizen. My husbands does.

Can someone who participates on this site give me some insight on the time table from the time you file your marriage based N-400 application with the CSC to your actual interview at the San Diego field office, to the date of the actual USA oath ceremony? My above indicated friends N-400 USA citizenship application with the CSC/San Diego field office seemed to be very fast. (Again they applied after five years of being a PR in San Diego, Calif).

I would very much all & any responses from people on this site you have filed their N-400 marriage based application recently with the CSC with their interview being held at the San Diego field office.

Thanks in advance to all
June
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Interview in San Diego, Calif.

Moost likely yours is delayed by the security checks ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:58 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: N-400 Interview in San Diego, Calif.

Hi Ray,

Why would you say that my husband's N-400 application is being held up by the security checks?

Fondly
June
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:01 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
Hi Ray,

Why would you say that my husband's N-400 application is being held up by the security checks?

Fondly
June
Its ppears they are doing the security checks pre interview now
he has has his dabs taken ...so they would now wait for the results
some people are very quick ..some very slow ...
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:58 pm
june

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your quick response back to me. Do you or anyone else who participates on this site know why some people's security checks are so quick & others take longer? My husband does not or never has had any type of criminal record of any kind here in the USA or in his home country of Romania or anywhere else for that matter. Like I said in my original post he went for his N-400 fingerprints on 6/19/07.

Responses would be appreciated to this question as well as to my original post concerning how long it took from submission of their N-400 Citizenship application to the CSC based on marriage to a USA citizen, to the time of thier N-400 interview at the San Diego field office, to the time of their actual oath ceremony.

Thanks again
June
Old Jul 13th 2007, 5:17 pm
Ray

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your quick response back to me. Do you or anyone else who participates on this site know why some people's security checks are so quick & others take longer? My husband does not or never has had any type of criminal record of any kind here in the USA or in his home country of Romania or anywhere else for that matter. Like I said in my original post he went for his N-400 fingerprints on 6/19/07.

Responses would be appreciated to this question as well as to my original post concerning how long it took from submission of their N-400 Citizenship application to the CSC based on marriage to a USA citizen, to the time of thier N-400 interview at the San Diego field office, to the time of their actual oath ceremony.

Thanks again
June
Its the name check I believe are the real problem ..
there may be someone somewhere with the exact same name ..
with a record ...has to be sorted
Old Jul 14th 2007, 2:38 am
Joe Feise

June wrote on 07/13/07 09:58:

>> Its ppears they are doing the security checks pre interview now
>> he has has his dabs taken ...so they would now wait for the results
>> some people are very quick ..some very slow ...
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> Thanks for your quick response back to me. Do you or anyone else who
> participates on this site know why some people's security checks are so
> quick & others take longer? My husband does not or never has had any
> type of criminal record of any kind here in the USA or in his home
> country of Romania or anywhere else for that matter.

There may be somebody else with a similar name in the databases. So they have to
sort that out and make sure that the person in the database is a different person.

> Like I said in my
> original post he went for his N-400 fingerprints on 6/19/07.

The fingerprint check has nothing to do with the background check. The
fingerprint check is usually done within a day.
--
I am not a lawyer.
For reliable advice, consult a competent immigration attorney.

Old Jul 15th 2007, 12:36 am
rodeo501 via ImmigrationK

Hi June,

I sent my N-400 on March 1,07, got fingerprinted on May 2nd and have been
waiting since then. I think I am stuck in name/background check. Keep us
posted on this situation. I am also in San Diego.

Best
Sal

June wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I was just wondering if anyone submitted their N-400 Naturalization &
>Citizenship application recently to the CSC & will be having their
>interview in San Diego, California? Under the three year law of being
>able to apply for USA citizenship based on the marriage to the same USA
>citizen. If so how long did it take from the time you submitted your N-
>400 application to the time you went for your interview at the San
>Diego, CA field office, & then to your USA oath ceremony where you
>actually became a USA citizen & received your USA Naturalization
>certificate?
>
>When you went for your N-400 interview at the San Diego field office
>what type of questions did the USCIS officer ask you besides of course
>the civics tes, reading test, & writing test? How long did the interview
>last? Was the USCIS officer who interviewed you nice? Did they approve
>you for USA citizenship at the interview? Did they give you the required
>paper work that you need to submitt at your actual USA oath ceremony?
>Lastly did they tell you the date/time of your USA oath ceremony and
>schedule you for it at the
>time of your interview?
>
>My husband submitted his N-400 Naturalization & Citizenship application
>to the CSC on 5/10/07. He received his N-400 receipt notice indicating a
>receipt date of 5/14/07 & a notice date of 5/30/07. He also received his
>N-400 fingerprint notice the same day he received his N-400 receipt
>notice. He already went for his fingerprints on 6/19/07. Since then we
>have heard nothing from USCIS. We check the status of his N-400
>application on the USCIS website & it never changes. We even signed up
>on the USCIS website to receive automatic e mail updates from USCIS on
>my husband's N-400 application, but again we have received nothing.
>
>My girlfriend from England received her USA citizenship on 4/27/07 & she
>filed her application with the CSC on 2/1/07 & had her interview at the
>San Diego, California field office. Her husband received his N-400
>interview on 6/28/07 & also filed his N-400 application with the CSC on
>2/1/07. He decided to postpone his USA oath ceremony because they had a
>pre planned holiday back to England today. Otherwise the USCIS officer
>told him he could have gone to his USA oath ceremony on 7/19/07. Another
>girlfriend from Mexico applied for her N-400 the beginning of March 2007
>also with the CSC & received her N-400 interview on 6/29/07 also at the
>San Diego, Calif. field office. She is scheduled & will be attending her
>USA oath ceremony on 7/19/07. All three of our above friends applied for
>their USA citizenship after five years of being a PR in San Diego,
>California. Their immigration here had nothing to do with marriage to a
>USA citizen. My husbands does.
>
>Can someone who participates on this site give me some insight on the
>time table from the time you file your marriage based N-400 application
>with the CSC to your actual interview at the San Diego field office, to
>the date of the actual USA oath ceremony? My above indicated friends N-
>400 USA citizenship application with the CSC/San Diego field office
>seemed to be very fast. (Again they applied after five years of being a
>PR in San Diego, Calif).
>
>I would very much all & any responses from people on this site you have
>filed their N-400 marriage based application recently with the CSC with
>their interview being held at the San Diego field office.
>
>Thanks in advance to all
>June

Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:58 pm
june

Hi Sal,

How have you been doing? We corresponded in the not to recent past when both you & my husband were going through the I-751 process. My husband conditions were removed last 5/2006 & received his ten year GC the first week or so of 6/2006. Did you ever have your conditions removed on your PR status/Greencard?

Please keep me posted as well Sal. When I hear anything I will most definitley keep you updated. Again my husband submitted his N-400 application for naturalization & citizenship to the CSC on 5/10/07. He had his fingerprints taken on 6/19/07. Since then we have heard nothing either. I can't understand why my three friends N-400 applications were so quick & they also filed at the CSC as well as received their interview at the San Diego field office all within no more than four months of filing their N-400 applications. Again their N-400 applications were not marriage based ours is I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Fondly
June
Old Jul 17th 2007, 3:25 pm

June,

Glad to hear back from you. I got my conditions removed on May 20th 2006. I
applied for citizenship on March 1,2007, Got fingerprinted on May ,2007.
Since then I am waiting. I did some research on LA timelines as well, and it
seems like you either get the interview 2 months after being fingerprinted,
or it takes about 5-6 months.

I will let you know if there is any development on my case.

Best wishes.
Sal

June wrote:
>> Hi June,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 99 lines]
>> >Thanks in advance to all
>> >June
>
>Hi Sal,
>
>How have you been doing? We corresponded in the not to recent past when
>both you & my husband were going through the I-751 process. My husband
>conditions were removed last 5/2006 & received his ten year GC the first
>week or so of 6/2006. Did you ever have your conditions removed on your
>PR status/Greencard?
>
>Please keep me posted as well Sal. When I hear anything I will most
>definitley keep you updated. Again my husband submitted his N-400
>application for naturalization & citizenship to the CSC on 5/10/07. He
>had his fingerprints taken on 6/19/07. Since then we have heard nothing
>either. I can't understand why my three friends N-400 applications were
>so quick & they also filed at the CSC as well as received their
>interview at the San Diego field office all within no more than four
>months of filing their N-400 applications. Again their N-400
>applications were not marriage based ours is I wonder if that has
>something to do with it?
>
>Fondly
>June

Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:23 pm
june

Hi Sal,

In your research did it indicate why some people get interviewed two months after their fingerprints are taken & why some have to wait five to six months. Did your research indicate if their was any differences in the processing of the N-400 applications whether or not they are five year PR based or 3 year marriage based?

Last night we called the USCIS 800# & we spoke with a supervisor who said my husband's case is proceeding as normal & their is no other new status except for the fact that they received my husband's N-400 application on 5/21/07. We already knew that because we received the receipt & the same status is indicated online on the USCIS website. We asked to speak to a USCIS officer but the customer service operator would not transfer us because his N-400 application is proceeding as normal & there is nothing else a USCIS officer can tell us. tonight we are going to phone the 800 # again & hopefully the customer service operator who answers will transfer us to a USCIS officer.

Please keep me posted if you hear anything & I will keep you posted as well since we are both down here in San Diego area.

Fondly
June
Old Jul 17th 2007, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

tonight we are going to phone the 800 # again & hopefully the customer service operator who answers will transfer us to a USCIS officer.
Personally, I think you're wasting your time. Why are you so anxious about this? Your husband's status in the US will *not* change *even* if the N-400 is ultimately denied. That said, N-400s are *rarely* denied since USCIS wants new US citizens who can vote. Unless there's something that specifically bars him from naturalizing, he'll have no problems. You need to step away from the computer and let things take their own time to work out.

Ian
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:29 pm
june

Hi Ian:

I know I do seem a little anxious about my husband's N-400 application but you know why based om my explanation & concerns in a previous post about the two detentions he had by law inforcement for a newly diagnosed mental health illness in which the police took him to the mental hospital twice in 12/2006 for evaluation & treatment. Like I said before no charges were ever filed aganist him & he never went to jail, was booked or had to appear in court. He was just taken by the police to the mental hospital & placed on a 5150 mental health hold because actually he called them when he was in a state of psychosis as he thought someone was after him to kill him. This is why I am so anxious.

As I also stated in my previous post that he was never declared legally incompetent & a letter from his treating psychiatrist specifically indicates that, we sent that letter to USCIS along with his N-400 application. He has been back to his normal work now & is doing really good. He does take his medications regularly as prescribed by his treating psychiatrist. He never ever had a history of a mental illness ever in his life it came on so suddenly, all never ever forget that day as long as I live, 12/7/06.

Anyway that why I am worried & anxious. As you know Ian we have an attorney who says it should not be a problem but you never know with USCIS. Like I said before my husband's immigration journey has been so uneventful & crystal clean.

Also we would like to immigrate his parents & sister here from Romania. My husband needs to be a USA citizen to do this.

Fondly
June
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:45 am

June,

Personally I am going pretty anxious too. I need the passport so I can file
for my parents. I also plan to visit Germany in the winter and I don't want
to go through the hassle of applying for visa. I am hoping we would be
getting interview letters soon in the next month or so.

Let's hope for the best.

Sal

June wrote:
>> Personally, I think you're wasting your time. Why are you so anxious
>> about this? Your husband's status in the US will *not* change *even*
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>
>> Ian
>
>Hi Ian:
>
>I know I do seem a little anxious about my husband's N-400 application
>but you know why based om my explanation & concerns in a previous post
>about the two detentions he had by law inforcement for a newly diagnosed
>mental health illness in which the police took him to the mental
>hospital twice in 12/2006 for evaluation & treatment. Like I said before
>no charges were ever filed aganist him & he never went to jail, was
>booked or had to appear in court. He was just taken by the police to the
>mental hospital & placed on a 5150 mental health hold because actually
>he called them when he was in a state of psychosis as he thought someone
>was after him to kill him. This is why I am so anxious.
>
>As I also stated in my previous post that he was never declared legally
>incompetent & a letter from his treating psychiatrist specifically
>indicates that, we sent that letter to USCIS along with his N-400
>application. He has been back to his normal work now & is doing really
>good. He does take his medications regularly as prescribed by his
>treating psychiatrist. He never ever had a history of a mental illness
>ever in his life it came on so suddenly, all never ever forget that day
>as long as I live, 12/7/06.
>
>Anyway that why I am worried & anxious. As you know Ian we have an
>attorney who says it should not be a problem but you never know with
>USCIS. Like I said before my husband's immigration journey has been so
>uneventful & crystal clean.
>
>Also we would like to immigrate his parents & sister here from Romania.
>My husband needs to be a USA citizen to do this.
>
>Fondly
>June

Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:08 pm
june

Thanks Sal for your understanding & support it means a lot to me. So it seems like we are going through this together again down here in San Diego. Last year it was our I-751 now this year it's our N-400. If you don't mind me asking, where are you originally from? My husband is from Romania. He is anxious about getting his citizenship soon as well because he would also like to immigrate his parents & sister to the USA but he needs to have his citizenship for that as you already know. I wish you the very best of luck. Again please let me know if you here anything & I'll do the same.

Thanks
June

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.