My GC Timeline

Old Jan 22nd 2018, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute
Smile My GC Timeline

Posting my timeline from H-1B to GC

01/26/2016 - Start discussions with company and attorney
02/11/2016 - Determined to process EB-2
03/17/2016 - Prevailing wage filed
June 2016 - Prevailing wage issued
08/15/2016 - Recruitment Process Started.
01/02/2017 - PERM Filed.
03/15/2017 - PERM Approved
06/29/2017 - Medicals completed
07/24/2017 - I-140(priority)/I-485/AP/EAD filed. (Texas Service Center)
08/3/2017 - I-140 approved
08/14/2017 - Biometrics.
09/202017 - Case transferred to NBC
12/08/2017 - AOS/EAD approved
12/12/2017 - Interview notice received for Philadelphia office
1/10/2018 - Interview
1/11/2018 - Online notice of I-485 approval
1/16/2018 - Notice of I-485 approval (letters)
1/18/2018 - Online notice of green card mailing
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: My GC Timeline

Congratulations

If you would not mind
Apart from personal questions, what was asked at the interview?
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

Phyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond reputePhyzz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred16
Congratulations

If you would not mind
Apart from personal questions, what was asked at the interview?
Thank you.

The interview was really more of a review of the I-485 submission. I was there with my wife and children. All 5 of us were seen together.
A few questions on my employment; where I work and job title. Took my paystubs as proof of employment.
I-94 questions; confirm last date of entry and where you entered.
Marriage date, names of children.
Then really just ran through the yes/no questions on the I-485 application.
Same for the whole family.

Our attorney was also unsure of what to expect as this part has typically been waived.
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Thank you
Old Mar 26th 2018, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

THanks for sharing.
I notice this is H-1b to GC via EB2
Would it be the same steps for L-1A to GC via EB2?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Any reason you wouldn't go EB1C from L1A?
Old Mar 26th 2018, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robtuck
Any reason you wouldn't go EB1C from L1A?
The work attorney decided its better to go down the EB-2 route for whatever reason. I didnt undertand it if Im honest but the company said its the least risky wayo to go. I assume its because its via the PERM route which is less risky? I really dont know but it is what it is
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

L1A and EB1C are almost identical in terms of requirements, and I stand to be corrected, but one of the quickest routes if it is available to you as the status is nearly always Current regardless of Nationality. So, unless your job changed significantly since transferring, I'd have thought it would make more sense than going through a new process having to provide new evidence.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:16 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phyzz
Thank you.

The interview was really more of a review of the I-485 submission. I was there with my wife and children. All 5 of us were seen together.
A few questions on my employment; where I work and job title. Took my paystubs as proof of employment.
I-94 questions; confirm last date of entry and where you entered.
Marriage date, names of children.
Then really just ran through the yes/no questions on the I-485 application.
Same for the whole family.

Our attorney was also unsure of what to expect as this part has typically been waived.
In my experience, OP describes the normal interview. That said, YMMV. There may be a rare fact that causes problems or it just may be an encounter with a DAO from Hell.

Do note the current idea of "extreme vetting."
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

L1A and EB1C are almost identical in terms of requirements, and I stand to be corrected, but one of the quickest routes if it is available to you as the status is nearly always Current regardless of Nationality. So, unless your job changed significantly since transferring, I'd have thought it would make more sense than going through a new process having to provide new evidence.
you and me both.
I was told by someone here EB2 is also current
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:28 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
The work attorney decided its better to go down the EB-2 route for whatever reason. I didnt undertand it if Im honest but the company said its the least risky wayo to go. I assume its because its via the PERM route which is less risky? I really dont know but it is what it is
It can be hard to generalize. Once had a client who I believed to be a very strong EB-2 National Interest Waiver and a flaky EB-1 extraordinary ability. The EB-1 was approved in short order and the EB-2 generated the RFE from hell. Sometimes it is just a judgement call.
Old Mar 26th 2018, 3:35 pm
BE Commentator

YMMV.

Also, this counterintuitive, but a prior approval is no guarantee of later approval on identical facts. The minions of the dark forces believe that they are under no obligation to perpetuate prior mistakes.

There were a few cases in my experience where we had a prior approval with scratching head and pondering on good luck. Sometimes, it was not a good idea to push one's luck.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

We got our interview scheduled notices via text this morning. About 40 text messages. Hopefully late April/Early May.