my criminal past

Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

michael of elth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default my criminal past

hi i am hopeing to move to usa this year i have criminal convictions which i have on my police certifacate.
2 counts of actull bodly harm
1 criminal damage all from 1977 conviction 100 hours community service £ 50 fine

2 counts of burglary and theft both convictions £50 each 1975 and 1982 was last one these are spent in uk does it work same in usa
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:03 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my criminal past

Those are pretty serious convictions. I don't think the rehabilitation of offenders act applies to immigration but someone with more expertise will hopefully step in.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:53 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Are you coming in on a fiance visa? How old were you when these things happened? If you're planning to immigrate on a K-1 I've seen people with a lot less on their record get denied and have to file the I-601. You really need to fill in some of the blanks so that someone who had a similar situation can answer some of your questions.

Originally posted by michael of elth
hi i am hopeing to move to usa this year i have criminal convictions which i have on my police certifacate.
2 counts of actull bodly harm
1 criminal damage all from 1977 conviction 100 hours community service £ 50 fine

2 counts of burglary and theft both convictions £50 each 1975 and 1982 was last one these are spent in uk does it work same in usa
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sibsie
Those are pretty serious convictions. I don't think the rehabilitation of offenders act applies to immigration but someone with more expertise will hopefully step in

my criminal past is over 20 years old i am not a molester or bank robber i did some silly things but never did time in jail 2 counts of actull boderly harm 27 years ago none since 1 criminal damage same time buglary and theft of under £!00 at the time fined £50 i would not class my self as a major criminal but i guess usa don't give people a chance i am doing a k1 visa i have a sponse who will employ me
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:14 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by michael of elth
Originally posted by sibsie
Those are pretty serious convictions. I don't think the rehabilitation of offenders act applies to immigration but someone with more expertise will hopefully step in

my criminal past is over 20 years old i am not a molester or bank robber i did some silly things but never did time in jail 2 counts of actull boderly harm 27 years ago none since 1 criminal damage same time buglary and theft of under £!00 at the time fined £50 i would not class my self as a major criminal but i guess usa don't give people a chance i am doing a k1 visa i have a sponse who will employ me
Hi:

You will need an I-601. If you can afford it, an attorney experienced in actually obtaining waivers may not be such a bad idea. It may be expensive, but worth it.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:16 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

If I were you I'd consult with an immigration lawyer.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:18 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hey hey!!!!! Don't be so quick to judge.

First of all, Sibsie is from your side of the pond. She was involved in law enforcement over there, not in the USA. If you ask a question don't get upset when folks are shooting it to you straight.

Second of all, others that have gone before you were able to overcome these problems and are now living happily with their loved ones in the U.S. It can be a BIG problem though. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be able to start taking steps to overcome your problem.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by michael of elth
Originally posted by sibsie

Last edited by Leslie; Jan 6th 2004 at 9:47 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question here....

When I posted that my fiance had been arrested for working illegally in Turkey 6 years ago, the general consensus was that he would not need a waiver, and that Ankara might question him on this, but it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Now here is someone with criminal acts in his long-ago past and advice is to be prepared for needing a waiver.

Just wondering what the difference is? Is it the type or severity of the crime? Is it that he's had more than one offense? Just curious as to why one might need a waiver, and another one not.

Thanks for any insight....

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:22 pm
C.G.D.S

I can only speculate as to the OP's need for a waiver being that he's been convicted of "criminal" offences. Working as an illegal working isn't a criminal offence.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:24 pm
WTF?

Refresh my memory Rene. Sadegh was arrested, but was he really convicted of anything?

Originally posted by Noorah101
Just a quick question here....

When I posted that my fiance had been arrested for working illegally in Turkey 6 years ago, the general consensus was that he would not need a waiver, and that Ankara might question him on this, but it probably wouldn't be a big deal.

Now here is someone with criminal acts in his long-ago past and advice is to be prepared for needing a waiver.

Just wondering what the difference is? Is it the type or severity of the crime? Is it that he's had more than one offense? Just curious as to why one might need a waiver, and another one not.

Thanks for any insight....

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:27 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hey hey hey!!!!! Don't be so quick to judge.

First of all, Sibsie is from your side of the pond. She was involved in law enforcement over there, not in the USA. If you ask a question don't get upset when folks are shooting it to you straight.

Second of all, others that have gone before you were able to overcome these problems and are now living happily with their loved ones in the U.S. It can be a BIG problem though. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you will be able to start taking steps to overcome your problem.
Where exactly is this person judging? This is happening too often. The regulars here are reading way too much between the lines of someones post. Where is this person showing they are upset? Sounds to me (and maybe it is just me) that they are just simply giving more information about thier case and thier own opinion on themselves.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by soulsender
Where exactly is this person judging? This is happening too often. The regulars here are reading way too much between the lines of someones post. Where is this person showing they are upset? Sounds to me (and maybe it is just me) that they are just simply giving more information about thier case and thier own opinion on themselves.

all i want to try and understand when do we get a chance to be with the ones we love our past is our past i have never mugged raped or harmed a woman and all i want is to be with the woman i love and who showed me love is that so wrong thanks to u all be safe
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Refresh my memory Rene. Sadegh was arrested, but was he really convicted of anything?
Leslie...

As far as I can tell, he was arrested for working without proper authorization, and given a choice to be deported or leave voluntarily. He left voluntarily and didn't think any more of it. It wasn't until recently when he requested his police certificate that they told him something was on it. So I really don't know if he was convicted, jailed, or what. According to Sadegh, he was held, or maybe detained, somewhere while they decided what to do with him, but he said it wasn't a jail. I can't wait to read the police report to find out exactly what they say happened. The police report is supposed to be ready January 15th.

Rene
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:47 pm
WTF?

Originally posted by soulsender

Well actually I was referring to his comment about the USA not wanting to give anybody a chance. That was the only judging I was referring to, sorry I didn't make that clear. That sounds to me like he was pre-judging that his own case would fail by judging the USA as unwelcoming to people with a criminal record. I didn't read anything between the lines, that was on the lines.

But more importantly, I want the OP to know that I am supportive. Folks with something on their record (even those that have stayed out of trouble for decades) are really raked over the coals, and I wanted to make sure he understood it was serious. We've seen too much shock and heartbreak on this forum by folks who weren't aware that their past would come back to haunt them. I personally believe that he should be given special consideration because it all was so long ago, but that is just my opinion, not immigration law.

Leslie
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:51 pm
WTF?

Well if Turkish law is anything like the US, an arrest and a conviction are two different things. I think Sadegh would have known if he had been convicted.

Originally posted by Noorah101
Leslie...

As far as I can tell, he was arrested for working without proper authorization, and given a choice to be deported or leave voluntarily. He left voluntarily and didn't think any more of it. It wasn't until recently when he requested his police certificate that they told him something was on it. So I really don't know if he was convicted, jailed, or what. According to Sadegh, he was held, or maybe detained, somewhere while they decided what to do with him, but he said it wasn't a jail. I can't wait to read the police report to find out exactly what they say happened. The police report is supposed to be ready January 15th.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.