Moving to the USA from Uk

Old May 27th 2016, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat027 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the USA from Uk

Hi Steven,

I'm a video game programmer (graphics) and have done what you are setting out to do. i.e. move from the UK to the US (Los Angeles), and had the company pay for and sort out my green card. So it can be done.

Here's the tough part: At the time of moving I had a bachelors, a masters, and 14 years experience including 6 months experience in a specialized area (a new game console that had just been released at the time).

So, you need a really good reason for a company to take the trouble with you over thousands of BSc grads already in the US.

As for no games companies in the UK, there are still plenty. Check out the Leamington Spa area, they call it Silicon Spa due to all the games companies there. I personally worked for Codemasters and Sega in the area.

My advice is get in with one of those companies, work really hard and become specialized. Also do a masters part time. Around 10 years and you could be in a really strong position.
Old May 27th 2016, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Stoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dek
Hi Steven,

I'm a video game programmer (graphics) and have done what you are setting out to do. i.e. move from the UK to the US (Los Angeles), and had the company pay for and sort out my green card. So it can be done.

Here's the tough part: At the time of moving I had a bachelors, a masters, and 14 years experience including 6 months experience in a specialized area (a new game console that had just been released at the time).

So, you need a really good reason for a company to take the trouble with you over thousands of BSc grads already in the US.

As for no games companies in the UK, there are still plenty. Check out the Leamington Spa area, they call it Silicon Spa due to all the games companies there. I personally worked for Codemasters and Sega in the area.

My advice is get in with one of those companies, work really hard and become specialized. Also do a masters part time. Around 10 years and you could be in a really strong position.
Hey Dek,

Congratulations - That's really cool! What company do you work for? Looking at gamedevmap but too many to guess! When did you finally move? How did you move? Did they also relocate you there too? So many questions

Damn.. That's a lot of time and education - what age did you move out there? "No offence causing to anyone" I don't want to be old when I go out there, 25 years of age is when I plan to be out there so I can enjoy and learn new things. However, you really are experienced. Must be coming up to what...16-18 years experience now? I was only 2.

I use gamedevmap for a lot of things, but lemington spa never came up with all of these game dev studios - However, looking through some of them there is nothing "big" that I can get into. Sure, small projects could lend handy and boost my portfolio but it doesn't look good for recruiters who want x amount of years and 2 deployed AAA games. (For example)

Yeah, I think I may do my masters here in the UK - Not sure though, I really don't want to do anymore education. Long thought process I think.

Thanks,
Steven
Old May 27th 2016, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dek
Hi Steven,

I agree the OP imho needs to realize there is no quick solution. Whatever he/she decides to do will require consideration, planning, application and pure hard work with a little luck thrown in. I tried to offer the luck avenue as who knows what will happen if you visit the US on temp work visa, you may meet someone who can help with work, you may meet the person of your dreams, you may have your 'eyes opened' to a potential new education opportunity. Apparently, these have been dismissed as not viable solutions- as an aspiring American to be, I do know you have to 'believe' and try try try, that is part of the American dream... its not all Baywatch, Disney, fast cars etc. In fact, pared back to its most basic its pretty much like anywhere else just different in an American way. Your really buying into the culture if you like it. All the other bits you don't like about your current situation will still come with you and apply here as well.

The start your own business sounds great in theory. Having been self employed it is the hardest work you will ever do. A daunting task with right to reside, without the visa's I would imagine very difficult.

As others have said another higher degree is almost a prerequiste these days without real work experience in the US, and most other places. Plus if you did a degree in the US, it would definitely offer you opportunity to work here temporarily and perhaps even permanently if they liked you.

I'd say try not to be dismissive there are no easy solutions.

As Pulaski already commented..lol.. I hardly think the marriage route is the easy option, it is more fraught with obstacles than most, just ask Johnny Depp today what he thinks of marriage, divorce and the american legal system I'm sure he probably has a few choice words.

Wish you luck.

Last edited by vikingsail; May 27th 2016 at 11:22 pm.
Old May 27th 2016, 11:20 pm
Just Joined

Stoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond reputeStoovey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
I agree the OP imho needs to realize there is no quick solution. Whatever he/she decides to do will require consideration, planning, application and pure hard work with a little luck thrown in. I tried to offer the luck avenue as who knows what will happen if you visit the US on temp work visa, you may meet someone who can help with work, you may meet the person of your dreams, yu may have your 'eyes opened' to a potential new education opportunity. Apparently though, these have been dismissed - as an aspiring American I do know you have to 'believe' and try try try, that is part of the American dream.

The start your own business sounds great in theory. Having been self employed it is the hardest work you will ever do. A daunting task with right to reside, without the visa's I would imagine very difficult.

As others have said another higher degree is almost a prerequiste these days without real work experience in the US, and most places. Plus it would definitely offer you opportunity to work here temporarily and perhaps even permanently if they liked you.

I'd say try not to be dismissive there are no easy solutions.

As Pulaski already commented..lol.. I hardly think the marriage route is the easy option, it is more fraught with obstacles than most, just ask Johnny Depp today what he thinks of marriage, divorce and the american legal system I'm sure he probably has a few choice words.

Wish you luck.
Hi Viking,

I know there is no quick solution - and that it is going to take a hell of a lot of time. I'm making one of the biggest decisions in my life so I do understand what is going to be required and this thread today has given some amazing responses that have got me a list of things to read and note to the topics that affect me. To do anything in life you need to "believe" and try, I wouldn't be a year off my Bsc if I haven't been doing that.

Yeah, the business one sounds good but you wouldn't actually be doing any of the "business" I have not studied Programming to do taxes, wages etc! I would rather work then lead! I will look into Temp Working Visa's to see if I can get actual real life experiences and base my "way forward" from that. Anyone hiring? C++ / C# Programmer here, Unity / Unreal I don't mind!

Thanks,
Steven
Old May 27th 2016, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stoovey
Hi Viking,

I know there is no quick solution - and that it is going to take a hell of a lot of time. I'm making one of the biggest decisions in my life so I do understand what is going to be required and this thread today has given some amazing responses that have got me a list of things to read and note to the topics that affect me. To do anything in life you need to "believe" and try, I wouldn't be a year off my Bsc if I haven't been doing that.

Yeah, the business one sounds good but you wouldn't actually be doing any of the "business" I have not studied Programming to do taxes, wages etc! I would rather work then lead! I will look into Temp Working Visa's to see if I can get actual real life experiences and base my "way forward" from that. Anyone hiring? C++ / C# Programmer here, Unity / Unreal I don't mind!

Thanks,
Steven
Temp Work Visa's - the only viable temp working visa in my opinion that your likely to be considered for is either a work experience one, summer camps etc or if your doing an advanced degree, there may be provision to get a visa to do work while studying. I think that is your most optimistic route as either may lead to bigger and better things.

The chances of a US company hiring you temporarily over as US BSc or the many Asians from the Pacific rim region, who are adept at the visa system, is slim, unless of course you have skills equivalent to Steve Wozniak or Andy Hertsfeld.

I truly think you have a shot if you consider it carefully.

Last edited by vikingsail; May 27th 2016 at 11:45 pm.
Old May 27th 2016, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

A little of topic, but a few years ago I met a young man that was working for Arlen Ness Arlen Ness Enterprises who had studied at Bournemouth. He was doing some cadds and design work for them. Perhaps the college can help you there, he was hoping to stay. I don't know how it worked out for him. Getting some kind of temporary job like that might open some doors for you, just a thought. Point is someone from your school has done it before.

Good luck.

Last edited by johnwoo; May 28th 2016 at 12:02 am.
Old May 28th 2016, 12:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Temp Work Visa's - the only viable temp working visa in my opinion that your likely to be considered for is either a work experience one, summer camps etc or if your doing an advanced degree, there may be provision to get a visa to do work while studying. I think that is your most optimistic route as either may lead to bigger and better things.

The chances of a US company hiring you temporarily over as US BSc or the many Asians from the Pacific rim region, who are adept at the visa system, is slim, unless of course you have skills equivalent to Steve Wozniak or Andy Hertsfeld.

I truly think you have a shot if you consider it carefully.
Hi Viking,

Ah ok! I understand now - I will have to look into what US Companies offer for Summer jobs or short internships/placements. Get my foot in the door somehow.

Thank you for having passion in me! Motivates me more to try and look deeper into this and make something of my name.

Originally Posted by johnwoo
A little of topic, but a few years ago I met a young man that was working for Arlen Ness Arlen Ness Enterprises who had studied at Bournemouth. He was doing some cadds and design work for them. Perhaps the college can help you there, he was hoping to stay. I don't know how it worked out for him. Getting some kind of temporary job like that might open some doors for you, just a thought. Point is someone from your school has done it before.

Good luck.
Hi John,

This is very interesindeed. I know we have a very good International Career Team here who have a lot of industry contacts, I may have to grab them again.

Thanks,
Steven

I forgot to mention in my OP that I have actually got 2 months of QA Experience at Amuzo | Casual Games - I know the CEO very well and he got me in for 2 months testing games, developing builds and talking with the developers. I was playtesting Lego games so it was pretty cool!
Old May 28th 2016, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I'm technically in a similar boat to you (I'm nearly 25 and I'm currently going through the K-1 process with my fiancé, she's a US Citizen).

As boring as it sounds, I really would consider what the American dream is... I would spend more than just a few weeks visiting friends. It sounds contradictory as yes I am trying to move to the US to be with my fiancé however America really isn't all it's cracked up to be. It is full of lovely people, beautiful sights and fun things to do. However that's just an extremely small percentage.

As others have stated, there a HELL of a lot more people struggling to find work, get health cover, earn more than the minimum wage etc etc. In my opinion the divide between middle class and lower class is a lot bigger than in the UK. You really should consider what your interpretation of the American dream is as I personally don't see that there is one. Me and my fiancé have always agreed that if I get my visa, I will go out for a few years and we will eventually come back to the UK. Especially if we decide to have children.

Spend some more time in America, especially the not so tourist-y areas and you'll probably get a lot insight to America and your American dream.

That said, best of luck with everything and it's something you want then I hope it goes well for you.

Ben
Old May 28th 2016, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

PeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond reputePeterFrank has a reputation beyond repute

I probably don't have as much experience as most but I think the American dream is mostly an illusion to keep the masses happy.

If you get to the top or near the top the USA is far better than the UK in terms of lifestyle but that is when money doesn't really matter.

If money matters this is not a terribly nice place to be as there are a lot of insecurities surrounding health care education costs and the general competition for work. I think good work is harder to find here as there are more people going for one position with lots of drive and qualifications.

All that being said it is a good place to come and have a great life experience. Why not? Life is short and if you want it and you can make it happen and you will be happy, start down the long road, it can beat rainy days in the UK.

Last edited by PeterFrank; May 28th 2016 at 11:18 pm.
Old May 29th 2016, 1:05 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeterFrank
I probably don't have as much experience as most but I think the American dream is mostly an illusion to keep the masses happy.

If you get to the top or near the top the USA is far better than the UK in terms of lifestyle but that is when money doesn't really matter.

If money matters this is not a terribly nice place to be as there are a lot of insecurities surrounding health care education costs and the general competition for work. ....
One thing that people from the UK don't fully consider is that if you are near the bottom of the financial heap (say bottom 25% of income) and therefore have a limited housing budget, no matter whether you are living in a big city or a semi-rural area or anywhere in between, there is a good chance that the area you can afford to live is dangerous, specifically that is where the shootings, both police and criminals, occur.
Old May 29th 2016, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BenK91
Although I'm technically in a similar boat to you (I'm nearly 25 and I'm currently going through the K-1 process with my fiancé, she's a US Citizen).

As boring as it sounds, I really would consider what the American dream is... I would spend more than just a few weeks visiting friends. It sounds contradictory as yes I am trying to move to the US to be with my fiancé however America really isn't all it's cracked up to be. It is full of lovely people, beautiful sights and fun things to do. However that's just an extremely small percentage.

As others have stated, there a HELL of a lot more people struggling to find work, get health cover, earn more than the minimum wage etc etc. In my opinion the divide between middle class and lower class is a lot bigger than in the UK. You really should consider what your interpretation of the American dream is as I personally don't see that there is one. Me and my fiancé have always agreed that if I get my visa, I will go out for a few years and we will eventually come back to the UK. Especially if we decide to have children.

Spend some more time in America, especially the not so tourist-y areas and you'll probably get a lot insight to America and your American dream.

That said, best of luck with everything and it's something you want then I hope it goes well for you.

Ben
Hi Benk,

Congratulations - Hope it all goes well.

The American dream for me is having a better life prospect compared to the UK - I want to be able to enjoy life and wake up every morning (not only go to work with a big games developer) and feel new. What can I achieve today, where have I not explored, what could I do with (Kids) in the future. I want to have a brand new life from what I am currently living in the UK, I want to become a US Citizen

Thanks for your comments however and I wish you luck with your marriage !

Originally Posted by PeterFrank

If money matters this is not a terribly nice place to be as there are a lot of insecurities surrounding health care education costs and the general competition for work. I think good work is harder to find here as there are more people going for one position with lots of drive and qualifications.

All that being said it is a good place to come and have a great life experience. Why not? Life is short and if you want it and you can make it happen and you will be happy, start down the long road, it can beat rainy days in the UK.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comments.

I understand money is going to be a thing, and having some money behind me when I move is going to be a must so I have scaled my plans to move by atleast 2-3 years. Get some money behind me and see what I can do. I don't want to be living somewhere Dangerous (Coming onto Pulsaki's comments) or somewhere rough where Im not actually going to enjoy my new life.

Yeah, It definately can beat rainy days!

Originally Posted by Pulaski
One thing that people from the UK don't fully consider is that if you are near the bottom of the financial heap (say bottom 25% of income) and therefore have a limited housing budget, no matter whether you are living in a big city or a semi-rural area or anywhere in between, there is a good chance that the area you can afford to live is dangerous, specifically that is where the shootings, both police and criminals, occur.
Hi Pulsaki,

Thanks for everything !

As said in a previous post, I am quite fortunate and always have money behind me. Me and my family have worked hard in what we do, and thus, parents climb up the ladder and start earning more.

Again, I wouldn't like to live somewhere "dangerous" your going to get crime everywhere you go but I would rather be in the side that doesn't have much of it !

Thanks,
Steven
Old May 29th 2016, 12:49 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I want to become a US Citizen
That's pretty much the worst reason for wanting to move to the US. I understand that you're just 20 years old, but it seems you have been poorly indoctrinated into the world and can't yet distinguish (and/or fully appreciate) what you actually want from what you believe to be true. You have some sort of fantasy vision of life in the US that doesn't actually exist except in media hype and US television.

The US is a litigious and insular society. US immigration law is written specifically to keep non-US citizens out of the country. You think you're done with education, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. A bachelor's degree is as common as dirt in the US. You think you have good skills, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. There are many thousands of good gaming programmers with similar or superior education and skills - and they are your competition for jobs. Further, they don't need sponsoring, can start work tomorrow, and don't need an employer to spend many thousands of dollars in fees just so they can work. You think you have good experience, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. From a US employer's perspective, you have nothing whatsoever to recommend you - and 2 months of QA experience, while no doubt exciting for you, isn't quality programming experience.

You've decided now to make this a 2-3 year plan... well, that's totally unrealistic. People with better education than you, better skills than you, and more experience than you often find US immigration to be an 8-10 year plan. That, at least, is realistic. You're living in a fantasy - and so long as you continue to live in that fantasy, you will never get to the US in any sort of long-term capacity. You may think I'm a mean SOB, but I'm a realist - and you're not.

Ian
Old May 29th 2016, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
That's pretty much the worst reason for wanting to move to the US. I understand that you're just 20 years old, but it seems you have been poorly indoctrinated into the world and can't yet distinguish (and/or fully appreciate) what you actually want from what you believe to be true. You have some sort of fantasy vision of life in the US that doesn't actually exist except in media hype and US television.

The US is a litigious and insular society. US immigration law is written specifically to keep non-US citizens out of the country. You think you're done with education, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. A bachelor's degree is as common as dirt in the US. You think you have good skills, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. There are many thousands of good gaming programmers with similar or superior education and skills - and they are your competition for jobs. Further, they don't need sponsoring, can start work tomorrow, and don't need an employer to spend many thousands of dollars in fees just so they can work. You think you have good experience, but that just shows how unrealistic you are. From a US employer's perspective, you have nothing whatsoever to recommend you - and 2 months of QA experience, while no doubt exciting for you, isn't quality programming experience.

You've decided now to make this a 2-3 year plan... well, that's totally unrealistic. People with better education than you, better skills than you, and more experience than you often find US immigration to be an 8-10 year plan. That, at least, is realistic. You're living in a fantasy - and so long as you continue to live in that fantasy, you will never get to the US in any sort of long-term capacity. You may think I'm a mean SOB, but I'm a realist - and you're not.

Ian
Hi Ian,

I do have to agree with your rank underneath your name.

Originally Posted by Ian
You took "I want to become a US Citizen" into a whole new argument. I actually find your comments quite offensive, I have been brought up in private and public schools in my life and I fully understand what is true. Just because I'm not mentioning them in these replies to people who are giving my advice, doesn't mean I'm dreaming my US life. I know some states people have it rough, people in rich states also have it bad. I'm not starting this "pre, pre, pre planning" of my move to America thinking I'm going to be happy, have the money and actually enjoy it. It's something new, and I want to change my life. There is no US television here apart from Cops - so we see what crime is like.

I have many friends in the states and some "long family tree" with my mum having a cousin in America, and it isn't fantasy. Maybe it's because you live in the U.S and have been brought up that way, maybe you have been poorly "indoctrinated" in how to live your life in the states.

Originally Posted by Ian
I don't think I'm done with education and have not said that. I don't want to do more education because I want to go out and actually learn while doing a job that I like. Again, commenting on my personal thoughts on education and how I want to take and live my life is offensive. In terms of my bachelors degree, I did see some people talk about it and I have researched into it, The US and the UK have a different educational system so again it's something that I have and will have to look into more. I don't think I have good skills, there is always someone who is going to be better then me and there is always chances in life to learn from other people. I've never said "I am the best programmer and I have the best skills employ me" I have a portfolio where I have rated my self in what I think I can do and thats that. I can't be bothered to respond to anything else in this paragraph because you're just rambling on.

Originally Posted by Ian
Again, talking about everything being unrealistic. The 2-3 year plan is to stop any kind of formal process and work, and look at my current situation in 2-3 years time. Not the timeline that I am going to say "I want to be in america in 2-3 years time". Waiting times are long, and I have read people in the forums here that have waited a very long time. I'm prepared to wait as long as possible, just as long as I can live one of my biggest dreams which is to live and work in the United States of America.

Everyone has a dream, Ian. If your dream is to put people down on forums who are trying to make something of themselves then you really have a sad life.

Thanks,
Steven

Last edited by Stoovey; May 29th 2016 at 1:14 pm.
Old May 29th 2016, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

To the OP - 'Ians' comments might seem harsh and your reaction is I think indicative of your life experience. However, his message is not invalid and mirrors many of the earlier comments. He makes some good points. Try to focus on the content and not your perception of the delivery from his message.

Again, a BSc is not going to make you stand out here, serious candidates for jobs in your field will have been working every summer (while out of college) for 4 years as an intern with companies and have more than a year's combined experience of work.

His point about employers is entirely true. Never forget that employers see you, a potential employee, as a unit of production - what can you bring to them and increase the value/ profit of their company, that's true everywhere, but nowhere more so than here in the USA. Thus, you are facing an uphill struggle as you bring only complication and cost, as I said you really will have to be exceptional (think Jobs, Zuckerberg, Hertzfeld etc..) or be extremely lucky.

Lucky is possible! We all make our own luck, right? Which is why I suggested temporary work visa's through summer work or advanced degree higher education. Once your here on one of those programs assessing, evaluating and accessing people, the possibility of a job will be so much easier. Its the reverse of what people on this board who are applying to return to the UK face re employment. Read some of their woes and concerns and you may gain a greater insight.

Your drawing on a lot of experience in these posts, I personally don't think anyone wants to see you fail or prevent your dreams. But whats worse facing reality now, or arriving here and becoming embittered because your dream/ fantasy is not how you perceived it to be?

Finally your reaction to Ian's post needs to be considered. This little gem is as relevant today as when first written despite there being no empire anymore:
If— - Poetry Foundation

Good fortune

Last edited by vikingsail; May 29th 2016 at 3:57 pm.
Old May 29th 2016, 4:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I do have to agree with your rank underneath your name.
Like I said - I'm a realist. I understand myself and my motivations, and I acknowledge the truth about myself. Do you acknowledge the truth about yourself?

I actually find your comments quite offensive...
I get that a lot - mostly because people don't want to hear anything that contradicts their preconceived ideas.

I want to change my life.
Unfortunately - you can't change yourself... and, while they will almost never acknowledge it, that is the root cause why most people want a change. No matter where you go, you're still the same person.

There is no US television here apart from Cops - so we see what crime is like.
Oh dear god - do you think Cops is real? It's nothing but a TV show! You have no concept of real crime until you've experienced it in living color.

Maybe it's because you live in the U.S and have been brought up that way...
I wasn't born in the US. I was born in Glasgow... so don't presume too much!

I don't think I'm done with education and have not said that.
Ah... I must have misinterpreted your comment: "After my Bsc I plan to do no more education, I have done it for nearly what... 17-18 years now? Having Bsc after my name (IMO) makes me feel like education is complete."

I don't think I have good skills...
At least we can agree on that!

Don't get me wrong - I don't want you to give up the dream... all I'm after is for you to be realistic about your goals. If anything I've said makes you think a bit more about your perceptions of the truth, then I've done my bit.

Ian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.