M1 / VCU appointment wait times

Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Aquaman92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default M1 / VCU appointment wait times

Hi All,

Can anybody shed any light in the approximate wait times for a VCU appointment at the US Embassy in London ? I’m aware the M1 appointments are approximately 1/2 day wait times but can’t find anything on VCU’s

I have a driving conviction from 7 years ago and when I got a J1 a couple years back I had to go to a VCU appointment in which the wait times were horrendous.
Essentially I’m looking to head out to the west coast to complete some training (flying) and I have limited time to sort everything out on both sides - before going and the time I have available for said training.

I’m wondering if it would be similar wait times or a lot different ?

Thanks in Advance
Blake
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:35 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: M1 / VCU appointment wait times

What is VCU? I googled and only got Virginia Commonwealth University.
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

A VCU appointment is required when you have been arrested / cautioned etc of anything previously. As far as I’m aware it’s just a different appointment with an additional form to fill in. However I’m not entirely sure if I need a dedicated ‘vcu’ appointment or a regular m1 appointment and take the additional form...... any help is much appreciated
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

* the last time I went for a visa - a J1 I was told I needed to schedule a different appointment called a VCU appointment and take the additional completed form and a police certificate. However I remember the J1 appointments being plentiful but I had to wait around a month longer for my appointment. I’m not sure if I’d have to do the same again in which case heading over to the west coast probably won’t be possible due to time constraints and vacations or altneratively schedule a regular appointment and take along said additional documents ??
Old Dec 2nd 2017, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The VCU FORM is listed below for non immigrant visas:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visa-forms/

Don't know whether this helps as to what type of appointment it is used for.
Old Dec 3rd 2017, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The VCU FORM is listed below for non immigrant visas:

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visa-forms/

Don't know whether this helps as to what type of appointment it is used for.
Hi, thanks for that. Same predicament! Not sure whether it’s just take it to the appointment or a completely different one is needed.... I’ll ring the embassy tomorrow to figure it out.