Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Long time expired GC holder hoping to visit FL

Long time expired GC holder hoping to visit FL

Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

thehawk2525 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Long time expired GC holder hoping to visit FL

My G/C expired in 2007(living in UK)
G/C probably considered abandoned.
Interested in visiting Florida for vacation.
9 years ago convicted of harassment(community service)
Probably going to return G/C to U.S embassy in London.

Can I use ESTA after returning the G/C or should I apply for visa instead and whats my chances of getting visa for visit?
Thanks.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 5:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Long time expired GC holder hoping to visit FL

Apply for ESTA, answer all questions honestly, and see if it gets approved. If it does, then you can travel on the VWP.

Rene
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Apply for ESTA, answer all questions honestly, and see if it gets approved. If it does, then you can travel on the VWP.

Rene

Thank you Rene.....I havent looked at the ESTA form but I will have to disclose the harassment charge and should I return the G/C before I apply for ESTA ?

Last edited by thehawk2525; Oct 3rd 2017 at 6:34 pm.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:18 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

If you have no intention of attempting to revive the green card then file an I-407 to formally relinquish it. If time permits file the I-407 before applying for an ESTA.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you have no intention of attempting to revive the green card then file an I-407 to formally relinquish it. If time permits file the I-407 before applying for an ESTA.

Thank you Mr Pulaski.
Old Oct 3rd 2017, 7:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thehawk2525
Thank you Mr Pulaski.
You're welcome.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Mr Pulaski,what do you suggest if time doesnt permit ?
Thank you in advance.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:17 pm

Mr Pulaski,what do you suggest if time doesnt permit ?
Thank you in advance.
Do it now/ immediately anyway. I don't think there is any good reason to hold off, and even if you don't hear back for a week or two there is a good chance that the I-407 will be put into the system within a few days and potentially be visible to the CBP immigration officer when you arrive at the airport in the US.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Do it now/ immediately anyway. I don't think there is any good reason to hold off, and even if you don't hear back for a week or two there is a good chance that the I-407 will be put into the system within a few days and potentially be visible to the CBP immigration officer when you arrive at the airport in the US.
Thank you Mr Pulaski.
Old Oct 6th 2017, 5:05 pm

Thank you Mr Pulaski.
You're welcome, and enjoy your trip to Florida.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

You're welcome, and enjoy your trip to Florida.

Thank you Sir.