Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

List of companies likely to sponsor

List of companies likely to sponsor

Old Nov 12th 2017, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

Barlie_Mann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default List of companies likely to sponsor

Hi all,

I'm Barlie and new to the forum, great to connect with you all!

As like many others, I would really like to move to the United States. I read Pulaski's guidance a while ago (well before I did my degree).

I have now completed my degree in Leadership and Management as I figured this if anything can only help in a very difficult situation ( actually getting to move out there).

I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of companies that are likely to sponsor you for H1B visas, or how to go about approaching these companies with my degree and experience while I am in the UK?

I live in the North East of England, so finding companies that are multi national is also hard, making it difficult for the 'L' visas.

Any advice would be super.

Thanks y'all !
Old Nov 12th 2017, 1:57 pm
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: List of companies likely to sponsor

Originally Posted by Barlie_Mann

I was wondering if anyone knew of a list of companies that are likely to sponsor you for H1B visas, or how to go about approaching these companies with my degree and experience while I am in the UK?

I live in the North East of England, so finding companies that are multi national is also hard, making it difficult for the 'L' visas.

Thanks y'all !
Well, we are not going to do your job hunt for you

I'm sure you're aware that the H-1B is substantially over-subscribed each year? Even if you find a company that not only participates in sponsoring workers for H-1B visas but is also prepared to offer you a position, you still only stand a chance of approximately 25% of being successful.

Why not move to another part of the U.K. or the EU and find a multinational company in London or Dublin or somewhere first and use that as a stepping stone? If you really want this, see it is a long-term project. You're already considering a move across an ocean so why not make a smaller move first? I know someone who moved on an L-1 with one of the big American banks. He was in their London office.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:17 pm
Living the NYC dream

kateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond reputekateinbrooklyn has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but unless you have a highly sought after skill such as computer programming, your chances of getting an H1-B visa are extremely low. I got here on an L1 visa (intra-company transfer) having had around 10 years experience in my industry. Your best bet is to find a job with an American company in the UK and then try to get a transfer to their US offices. Other than that, maybe find an American girlfriend/boyfriend to fall in love with and marry.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:44 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barlie_Mann
Hi all,

I'm Barlie and new to the forum, great to connect with you all!

As like many others, I would really like to move to the United States. I read Pulaski's guidance a while ago (well before I did my degree).

I have now completed my degree in Leadership and Management as I figured this if anything can only help in a very difficult situation ( actually getting to move out there).

Thanks y'all !
Welcome to BE. If you are willing to relocate all the way to the US, an interim relocation to take a job with a multi-national that might afford the opportunity for an eventual overseas transfer would seem like a minor inconvenience.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I never asked anyone to help with my job hunt Just advice that's all, there are a lot of phoney info sites out there so it can be a little overwhelming.

Thank you for your suggestion, have a good Sunday.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Ha, yeah I also think that is the way forward for me! Time to start planning this out.

Your input has been much appreciated
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Yep, agreed. This has really helped with my next steps. Thanks so much!
Old Nov 12th 2017, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a list of the top H-1B hiring companies from last year. I would assume these are almost all IT / software type jobs https://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2...a-Sponsor.aspx
Old Nov 12th 2017, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by CA-NY
Here's a list of the top H-1B hiring companies from last year. I would assume these are almost all IT / software type jobs l]
Thank you so much!! That’s what I needed. A list of companies so I knew who to apply to for a decent shot at this. I just wasn’t sure if that site was legit, but I’m glad it is. Thank you !!!
Old Nov 13th 2017, 4:17 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Dad was offered a transfer by Fords, my Brother by PWC.

Depends on your skill set, work experience etc etc.
Old Nov 13th 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Gf_121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kateinbrooklyn
. Your best bet is to find a job with an American company in the UK and then try to get a transfer to their US offices.
Echo this... I have been trying for a while now, originally thinking H1B would be attainable given my skills/experience but it just isn't... even with my contacts in the US.

Find a company that promotes global mobility (ask the question in the interview if they move people around the business geographically, bill it as to promote your own growth rather than because you want to move to the US). 12 months later you could be on your way there...

However, bare in mind many companies will not give you such a good relocation package if you request the move (as opposed to it being a business generated move) and generally the package is better with seniority. So best to get saving so you're in a good financial position to make the most out of your move.

Don't give up, just attack it correctly, I feel I've wasted the last year or so because I ignored peoples advice when they said H1B is a difficult thing to obtain.