Error on DS160-Appt in a week

Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:21 pm
Bfg
Just Joined

Bfg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Error on DS160

Hello I’ve just completed my Ds160 and when talking to my wife I spelt something wrong

What should I do?

Last edited by Bfg; Jan 11th 2018 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:31 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Error on DS160-Appt in a week

With only a week until your interview you would be hard pushed to get copies of any paperwork relating to it in time. Explain at your interview you forgot to include it and be prepared to explain the circumstances in unembellished terms. If the con off wants to verify the details they will ask you to provide more information.

It it something serious which might be a problem?

ETA: I see the OP has edited his first post and deleted others. In his post before editing he clearly stated he had forgotten to disclose an arrest, not spelt something wrong. That explanation puts my replies back into context for others reading this thread for information in the future

Last edited by lansbury; Jan 11th 2018 at 8:17 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:40 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bfg
Yes it was quite serious. But it was such a lie and proved that I’ve put it out of my mind as I went through so much.

Will it show on their checks?
Prior to that arrest had you been arrested and convicted of anything else?
Old Jan 11th 2018, 6:49 pm

I asked because if it was the first time you had been arrested, when the case result was sent to the PNC, the PNC record of the arrest should have been deleted. I take it your ACRO certificate shows "No Trace".

Without knowing what it was to decided if it was a CIMT not sure if it should have been mentioned for the ESTA.

If you are thinking of not mentioning it at the interview the risk there is if at some later stage it comes to light it becomes a very lot more serious.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Bfg
Yes it is a CIMT issue but arrested and not charged.

Will not putting on esta affect me?
Trying to remember how the actual instructions for the ESTA are worded. Believe it says something to the effect if you have been arrested for a CIMT you should answer yes to the appropriate question.

You certainly will not be the first who wouldn't have done so, and it is the intent when you answered the question that counts for a lot. Did you deliberately so no to deceive, or did you mistakenly believe you didn't need to answer yes.

I suspect it will not be as bad as you think it might be, and would be surprised if at the worst it isn't something which cannot be overcome with some delay and inconvenience.
Old Jan 11th 2018, 8:16 pm
Bfg
Just Joined

Bfg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help. Got hold of Immigration Lawyer and we are now cancelling and starting again with the right info. They are actually going to do it with me to help eradicate mistakes.