L2 EAD application questions

Old Oct 17th 2017, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Macnamara is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L2 EAD application questions

Morning all,

Simple question, with my EAD form, I'm to attach I-94, principles visa and our marriage certificate. Am I meant to send copies or the originals? I'm really uncertain about sending out wedding certificate incase it's lost as it a very special one from Poland with a hand written signature from my wifes home towns mayor.

Secondly, do I still have to book a biometrics appointment as I've already given those when I applied for my L2 visa in the UK embassy as well as confirmed it when I entered the states.

Thanks
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all
Default Re: L2 EAD application questions

[QUOTE=Macnamara;12363105]Morning all,

Simple question, with my EAD form, I'm to attach I-94, principles visa and our marriage certificate. Am I meant to send copies or the originals? I'm really uncertain about sending out wedding certificate incase it's lost as it a very special one from Poland with a hand written signature from my wifes home towns mayor.
-Just send copies

Secondly, do I still have to book a biometrics appointment as I've already given those when I applied for my L2 visa in the UK embassy as well as confirmed it when I entered the states.
-You may get notified for biometrics, you may not-My wife and I never
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

I always send copies of the marriage certificate although it is an "official" duplicate from the place where it was originally issued rather than a photocopy. Personally I wouldn't send off the only marriage certificate I had.

If you need to do biometrics for your EAD, they will let you know and send a letter with appointment details. I did biometrics on my first EAD (2012), haven't had to do them since.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

fbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond reputefbf2006 has a reputation beyond repute

You send copies, not the original. Also include a current pay stub for your spouse to prove that he is still in status working for his employer. Include a copy of your spouse's I-94 too.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Evening all,

Just wanted to update with a query, I submitted my forms on October 27th, I've still got nothing, I received my receipt showing they had taken the money order and there were no other required documents from me in that letter. Yet I've still heard absolutely nothing, is it normal for it to take this long?

I did select the option for them to generate a SSN for me, could this delay the process?
Old Jan 5th 2018, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

So October 27th is what around 67 days or so? You can raise an inquiry when you reach 75 days and also check the current processing times at the service center dealing with your application.

https://my.uscis.gov/helpcenter/arti...an-interim-ead

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Are you tracking your case status online with your receipt number? What does it say?
https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

I've never had a card issued within the 90 day timeline when submitting myself but the last time the immigration lawyer did it concurrently with the visa renewal and it was issued in around 30 days.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

I am indeed tracking it, checking daily:

On October 27, 2017, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number **********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 26, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

The receipt they sent simply was just that, a receipt of application entry and funds taken, no further instructions or directions.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yes that all looks pretty standard then, you have to just assume you're in the queue and being processed. Raise the inquiry at 75 days and see if that gets you anywhere. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is waiting especially if you're keen to get to work. By the way, my max wait was around 110 days.
Old Jan 5th 2018, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Oh wow, 110 days, that oddly fills me with confidence that it's simply a waiting game and nothing has gone wrong.

I am desperate to get to work, sitting at home watching after the dog every day whilst the wife goes to work was nice for a couple of weeks, but now I'm going insane.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

JosiesJourney is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been waiting since December 1st - so not that long! But really seem to be able to search for a job.....is it appropriate to apply for jobs yet or just wait for the EAD card?
Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney
I have been waiting since December 1st - so not that long! But really seem to be able to search for a job.....is it appropriate to apply for jobs yet or just wait for the EAD card?
Most applications are going to ask you whether you have the right to work legally, you don't want to lie at the first step. And what if you did get an interview and were offered a job and had to turn it down because you weren't authorized yet. That's just a waste of everyone's time. By all means search and be ready to go as soon as the card arrives but I think applying before is premature.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosiesJourney
Worked well for me. Got an offer from a large corp and used that to expedite my EAD.

There is no 75 window on EADs anymore. It can easily run into the 100+ days mark.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 3:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tom169
Worked well for me. Got an offer from a large corp and used that to expedite my EAD.
Please tell us more about how that worked in practice.
Old Jan 10th 2018, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CA-NY
Please tell us more about how that worked in practice.
Check my threads posted. I did quite a write up.

I told them my situation and they gave me an offer contingent of getting an EAD.
Old Jan 25th 2018, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

Welp, just an update, 90 day mark today, still nothing despite my 76 day telephone chase which resulted in nothing other than a conversation, passing on my details and that's it.

Going to call again this evening.

I'm still stuck on this:

On October 27, 2017, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number WAC*********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 26, 2017, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Edit, I did receive the receipt which had no further instructions on it, just that they had taken the $410 payment and will be processing the application.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.