Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1B Visa approved on counter later 221g and administrative processing

L1B Visa approved on counter later 221g and administrative processing

Old Mar 9th 2018, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

shezikhan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default L1B Visa approved on counter later 221g and administrative processing

Hi all,

I applied for L1B visa in us embassy, London 2nd of March 18. After the interview the VO said "i go ahead and approve your visa" and he kept my passport. After 2 days i receive an email stating

Your visa application has been refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, pending additional administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act or related regulations. Additional administrative processing cannot be waived and we cannot issue a visa until the processing is complete. This review may take approximately 60 days to complete. In some cases, however, processing time is six months or longer. For U.S. immigration law purposes, including ESTA (see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov) , this decision constitutes a denial of a visa.

Also requested this info, which I provided same day.

Your complete travel history for the last 10-15 years, in chronological order.
The full names of any siblings, children, and/or former spouses/partners *not* already provided in your initial application.
Your residence address history for the last 10-15 years, in chronological order.
All prior passport numbers and country/countries of issuance.
All prior occupation(s), plus a brief description if necessary, for the last 10-15 years.

My passports have been returned (including dependents)

I have no idea what is going on and what to expect as my career is on stake here if this drags on, Please help if anyone knows how long this can take ?

Thank you
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L1B Visa approved on counter later 221g and administrative processing

AP in the UK is normally fairly quick, a few days everybody goes through it, longer ones are where you have connections with T Countries.

Usually.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: L1B Visa approved on counter later 221g and administrative processing

David,

thanks for your reply. Although I am a British National now but I have Pakistani nationality at the same time. I had 221g back in 2007 and took three months.

But I am hoping since its L1B visa so not take much longer this time ?

cheers
Old Mar 9th 2018, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

It makes no difference, L1b or anything else, impossible to say how long.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

The quicker you get the information to them the quicker you will get a response.
Expect a four month wait and see it as a bonus should you get an approval earlier.

Good luck to you
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Regardless of your British citizenship, you are a citizen of Pakistan, as well. I'm sure it is because of the latter that you are in Administrative Processing and why you are being asked for that information regarding trips, relatives, etc.

Having gone through AP once does not mean you don't have to go through it for each and every visa you apply for. It is unfortunately, but that is how visa life is at the moment for certain citizens and visitors to certain countries.

Sorry if it means you lose your opportunity to emigrate to the US for your employer but they should understand the ins and outs of the process and if they don't have them talk with their attorneys.

Last edited by Rete; Mar 9th 2018 at 4:33 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:52 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Strange things might cause problems. There may be people with same name and date of birth. An old school chum may be under surveillance and your calls and texts show on his wireless account. I'm not kidding.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 4:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Regardless of your British citizenship, you are a citizen of Pakistan, as well. I'm sure it is because of the latter that you are in Administrative Processing and why you are being asked for that information regarding trips, relatives, etc.

Having gone through AP once does not mean you don't have to go through it for each and every visa you apply for. It is unfortunately, but that is how visa life is at the moment for certain citizens and visitors to certain countries.

Sorry if it means you lose your opportunity to emigrate to the US for your employer but they should understand the ins and outs of the process and if they don't have them talk with their attorneys.
Everybody goes through AP, likely to be longer in this case.

AP has been around for a long time, not a temporary situation. Everybody is checked.

He is not looking to immigrate, this is a L1.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 5:00 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Strange things might cause problems. There may be people with same name and date of birth. An old school chum may be under surveillance and your calls and texts show on his wireless account. I'm not kidding.
If his BE user name is indicative of his real name, then there may be a lot of false positive hits, meaning apparent (false) connections to a real problem.

Per the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon phenomenon, he may also be only a degree or two from a true match, not a false one!
Old Mar 9th 2018, 7:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If his BE user name is indicative of his real name, then there may be a lot of false positive hits, meaning apparent (false) connections to a real problem.

Per the Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon phenomenon, he may also be only a degree or two from a true match, not a false one!
Once had a case of the father of a naturalized AmCit. His immigrant visa was refused for "reason to believe" he was engaged in drug smuggling. It took a lot of digging and insisting to get even that much. We never were told was the "reason to believe" was. A year later one of dad's old school chums was arrested as part of the Russian Mafia with allegations of drug smuggling. So, dad admitted that he was often in touch with his old friend, but just as an old school chum.

The same name and date of birth has come up not too rarely. With some hope and alternative documentation, we have been able to correct those -- but they were not easy.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Thanks lot guys for replying.
I have a mixed feeling of how long this will take.

I wanted to see if someone aware of timings or perhaps it depends on individuals.

Cheers
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shezikhan
Thanks lot guys for replying.
I have a mixed feeling of how long this will take.

I wanted to see if someone aware of timings or perhaps it depends on individuals.

Cheers
It definitely depends, and given that the databases agent which your name is being compared are perpetually growing, it would potentially be a different answer if you had applied 12 months ago or apply again a couple of years in the future. So anything anyone says is no better than a guess.

As someone said above, "Expect a four month wait and see it as a bonus should you get an approval earlier." to which I would add, "... and don't be surprised if it takes six months."
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
It definitely depends, and given that the databases agent which your name is being compared are perpetually growing, it would potentially be a different answer if you had applied 12 months ago or apply again a couple of years in the future. So anything anyone says is no better than a guess.

As someone said above, "Expect a four month wait and see it as a bonus should you get an approval earlier." to which I would add, "... and don't be surprised if it takes six months."

That only means I lose my job opportunity and ended up problems at my current job.

How long before I can contact embassy, it says usually 60 days.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

No time limit I know of, also not much point if it is still in AP it is in AP.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by shezikhan
.... How long before I can contact embassy, it says usually 60 days.
There is no "usual" when it comes to concerns about terrorism. Applications have been known to go into AP and never come out!

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 9th 2018 at 8:46 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.