Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

L1B interview on Wednesday any advice?

L1B interview on Wednesday any advice?

Old Jun 15th 2017, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: L1B interview on Wednesday any advice?

Originally Posted by HumbleByName
I know these things can be hugely unpredictable!
Correct - and neither one person's experience nor 100 will actually help you determine how long the process will take you.

Ian
Old Jun 15th 2017, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Teanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HumbleByName
That all sounds great Teanmontana, congrats! May I ask: how long did you have to wait for your appointment at the embassy? I'm waiting to hear the result of the petition and if it is positive I'd love to know how quickly I can get an appointment and move through the process (if I'm lucky and everything goes smoothly - I know these things can be hugely unpredictable!)

Thanks so much!
Hello, the appointments at the time we booked went quite quickly and we had to wait around 4 weeks. However I would highly recommend booking your appointment and then keep checking the embassy schedule because they have a lot of cancellations. I heard that after 5pm is the est time to look as that is when the diary is updated for cancellations. Another tip - don't book you travel or accommodation until you are certain which date you will attend. I did this and had to change all our bookings when a free earlier slot became available.

I hope this helps
Old Jun 29th 2017, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

HumbleByName is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caro8805
Hi! I've been reading for a few weeks but I thought I'd add my little experience.

French Global Marketing Exec for British Company moving over to Seattle on an L1B.

Started the process on December 6th, got the petition approved on June 1st (after an RFE with premium processing), received the information from lawyers on June 8th, and interview for June 15th.

Had my interview at 8am. Arrived at 6:15am, was alone until about 6:45am. They started checking appointments at 7:30. In the embassy by 7:35 after security. at 8:00am exactly, got called up (I was second in my category after a mishap in the queue). I got told that my case was unusual, which seemed to bother her for a few minutes while she worked it out. Then, I was out of the embassy by 8:15am with an issued visa and was told I'd get my passport in a week!

Very smooth, very easy, and everyone was very kind. Cracked open a half bottle of prosecco (and orange juice) on the train back home and flying to Seattle on the 4th of July � ����.

Hope this helps the onlookers.
Thanks for sharing your experience!! I have my visa appointment on Monday - having only had my visa petition approved on Tuesday. The US attorneys are Fedex-Ing the original documents but I wondered if an email version would be accepted? Scared the originals won't arrive in time!!

Thanks for any help you can give!